Author Topic: New toys  (Read 2608 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
New toys
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:23 »
 Well the planets finally aligned and I was in a position to purchase my dream camera kit!

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii

A little on the expensive side, but as a business purchase it will suit me to a T. I also needed a set of prime lenses that would work on my HD and still camera soooo... I bit the bullet and purchased a full set of fine Zeiss lenses.

http://lenses.zeiss.com/photo/en_DE/products/slr/distagont3518.html

I was very fortunate that Jan and Feb of this year were amazing work wise. i HAD to spend the money as if I did not Uncle SCAM would take it and NO, I am not one of the 1%, just a lucky guy.

I will post some video and still images taken with this kit shortly.

Offline dgoldsmith

• New Around Here
Re: New toys
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 21:30 »
I have always been interested with cameras and ones that would let you get through deep space ones is just great.  Though I am not quite sure what to make of those things that are going with absolutely different terms and quite hard to make out of.

I guess you just have to be ready with spending a huge sum of money to be able to start with something great and one that is interesting enough in most cases.
Don't mind me.  I was just putting in some irrelevant posts so I could come back later and fill in spam links, long after you've forgotten me.  I got caught, and now I'm in forum purgatory.   :o

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 22:06 »
I have always been interested with cameras and ones that would let you get through deep space ones is just great.  Though I am not quite sure what to make of those things that are going with absolutely different terms and quite hard to make out of.

I guess you just have to be ready with spending a huge sum of money to be able to start with something great and one that is interesting enough in most cases.

dgoldsmith, will you be our new toy?
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 22:23 »
ooo}

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 22:26 »
ooo}
I think play time is over.  ^^or__
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 23:01 »
For some reason I am reminded of a poster from ARS forum, Roger Larsson, who posts in a similar manner as English is not his first language. Is that you, Roger?

Here are some examples of Roger's posts:

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 14:10:30 -0700 (PDT)
Local: Sat, Aug 4 2012 5:10 pm
Subject: Re: Projection: Roger Gonnet criminally obsessed with murdering family, AND HATING (his) past lives - still his Criminal Act

The confusion causing evilness in the world consist of attacks on persons instead of attacks on their doings. Why kill people when their actions can be made to acceptable?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/d3c3bfe22e74941d?hl=en

TECH outsdide COS: Auditor Training Win Level III

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
Local: Tues, Jul 10 2012 5:17 pm
Subject: Re: TECH outsdide COS: Auditor Training Win Level III
Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
Den tisdagen den 10:e juli 2012 kl. 20:16:21 UTC+2 skrev Terrilpark:

"In the qoncuer of the world ARS is inbetween. "
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/b041a69191f2cbb9/ac08e040812a30e1?hl=en&q=

Roger Larsson is actually a scientology critic of sorts, once you get used to reading his posts :)

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 09:26 »

If I am interpreting your post correctly and astronomy photography interests you then I would suggest the new Canon 60Da camera for both still and video image acquisition.