Author Topic: Alabama mention  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Alabama mention
« on: October 07, 2009, 17:03 »
It's not new news, but since Alabama gets a mention:

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/celt33760.htm

I'll summarize a bit.
Originally Posted by Celt33760 June 2008 (http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=6472)

(snip)

I was introduced to $cientology thru a WISE company as many are ... At the time of my recruitment cycle, Tampa was undergoing their expansion phase, complete with missionaires, the whole nine yards. I had no idea what it was all about but I didn't care either. Of course in the "Church", when something has to happen, it has to happen NOW! When I signed my 5 year contract, it was agreed that I would not be routing on for another 3 months ... It wasn't soon after I routed on to Foundation Staff that I realized that it was an entirely different adventure than what I had experienced working with the great people at my day job.

(snip)

After going thru the hell that was "training" in NYC, CMO marched in and gave us new programs with really dumb, off-policy crap that was "guaranteed" to work. My question was "Why? Green and white is already working?" Standard policy and tech is not good enough for DM I suppose and so we followed orders while that feeling of "something ain't right" grew larger and larger inside my mind.

(snip)

So things continued to occur that just weren't right. I based my conclusions that they weren't right on plain, simple observation compared with what policy I knew. It's the same old story of the BS of being on staff that everyone has read before. Same shit, different Org. I think the thing that always stuck out for me though is after really getting KSW and admiring the hell out of Hubbard for writing it and then people who had been $cientologists for years just up and ignoring it altogether. If that one policy is going to be ignored, then why the f$%k bother having any of the green vols. around? DM has got all of the answers and no one is going to stand up to him and say what is right. And so, I blew like the wind!

My wife and I headed straight for the mountains of north Alabama, no good-byes, no f$%k you, just left. And behold, they found us a week later. This part of the country is really no place for a $cientologist to be and yet, they were here. Long story short (I know, too late for that) as much as it pained me (the two who showed up were good friends of mine and my wife's) we sent them packing back to Tampa without a product. When my declare showed up in the mail, I really did feel like framing the damned thing!

In closing, I have watched some very good people be brought down by the "Church" and its lackeys. I have seen a very successful, rich and very caring former employer, a well known $cientologist and a man whom I respect almost as much as I respect my own father, be brought down and ostracized due to some copyright crap from the "Church". I have many more stories to tell and plan on doing so over time. My hope is that some soul who is considering entering this "religion" reads a post and changes their mind or that maybe someone else on staff at Tampa or anywhere else who knows the difference between wrong and right gains the courage to say "enough" and leave. There are a lot of good people in this world trying to make it a better place and management is taking them down with them. So thanks to everyone who has posted here and is a part of making things known. Your courage to step forward has helped a not otherwise paranoid case step out into the light and confront what once was.

Bah, I'll keep the long story short xD  It's a little scary that Scientology would run so far to track someone down.

It's scary that they'll run into the depths of podunkia to harass.

And it's in my home state?!  WTF!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Alabama mention
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 20:03 »
Bah, I'll keep the long story short xD  It's a little scary that Scientology would run so far to track someone down.

It's scary that they'll run into the depths of podunkia to harass.

And it's in my home state?!  WTF!

Sounds like desperation to me.  That's good.   ;)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 21:59 »
In closing, I have watched some very good people be brought down by the "Church" and its lackeys. I have seen a very successful, rich and very caring former employer, a well known $cientologist and a man whom I respect almost as much as I respect my own father, be brought down and ostracized due to some copyright crap from the "Church".

Sad stuff.

I have many more stories to tell and plan on doing so over time. My hope is that some soul who is considering entering this "religion" reads a post and changes their mind or that maybe someone else on staff at Tampa or anywhere else who knows the difference between wrong and right gains the courage to say "enough" and leave.

Yay! The word continues to get out about this "religion."
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:49 »
There has been no activity in the Ala section since Oct 09. Should it be archived?

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06 »
There has been no activity in the Ala section since Oct 09. Should it be archived?

Second.

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis