Author Topic: New Narconon Ripoff Report  (Read 3674 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
New Narconon Ripoff Report
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:36 »
New ripoff report on Narconon Watsonville/Tahoe. He was asked to leave probably in part because he discussed the Narconon connection with Scientology. Fortunately, this young man found another place for treatment and is doing well.

We were desperate to locate the right drug rehab center for our 25yr old son when he told us he was ready.  Narconon gave us glowing reports of their success and made it very easy to finance the $29,000 stay.  They told us our son could return for a "tune up" and could stay as long as he needed to.  It sounded too good to be true.  We sent him from Oregon to the Watsonville facility.  He tried to leave and they convinced him to return.  They did not give him a physical exam and would not share any of the mental health evaluation with us even though my son granted us permission to review those documents.

My son connected up with one "counselor" but was moved to the Tahoe facility and we were not given any reason.  His counselor stayed at Watsonville.  When he did finally complete book 4 he was not allowed to go on the outings as promised because they cost more money (which we are not told about).  Family must send more money for all outings.  When he cleaned his room but his roommate did not he got punished and went to the ethics cycle.

He never was given any problem solving counseling instead he was told Narconon would cure him from the drug addiction.  Once he realized, and we realized Narconon was hooked into scientology we regretted our choice in drug rehab facilities.  Our son wanted to move ahead with the books but was told he could not until he was found a partner.  We asked for him to return to Watsonville where his counselor was.  Instead they allowed the counselor to go to Watsonville for a week to work with our son.  He made progress that week but they never found him a partner and consequently he was asked to leave.

They wanted to put him in a shelter somewhere in California but we paid for a bus ticket home.  They gave him no food on the day of his departure and left him at the bus depot without any funds.  They told us that he could return to Narconon after he completed 40 hours of community service for his ethics violations (which consisted of talking to others about the scientology connection).  They also promised us that they would call him every week to provide support to him.  They never called.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/healthcare-centers/narconon-watsonville/narconon-watsonville-and-tah-9dfc3.htm
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: New Narconon Ripoff Report
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:37 »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 00:08 »
New ripoff report on Narconon Watsonville/Tahoe. He was asked to leave probably in part because he discussed the Narconon connection with Scientology. Fortunately, this young man found another place for treatment and is doing well.

We were desperate to locate the right drug rehab center for our 25yr old son when he told us he was ready.  Narconon gave us glowing reports of their success and made it very easy to finance the $29,000 stay.  They told us our son could return for a "tune up" and could stay as long as he needed to.  It sounded too good to be true.  We sent him from Oregon to the Watsonville facility.  He tried to leave and they convinced him to return.  They did not give him a physical exam and would not share any of the mental health evaluation with us even though my son granted us permission to review those documents.

My son connected up with one "counselor" but was moved to the Tahoe facility and we were not given any reason.  His counselor stayed at Watsonville.  When he did finally complete book 4 he was not allowed to go on the outings as promised because they cost more money (which we are not told about).  Family must send more money for all outings.  When he cleaned his room but his roommate did not he got punished and went to the ethics cycle.

He never was given any problem solving counseling instead he was told Narconon would cure him from the drug addiction.  Once he realized, and we realized Narconon was hooked into scientology we regretted our choice in drug rehab facilities.  Our son wanted to move ahead with the books but was told he could not until he was found a partner.  We asked for him to return to Watsonville where his counselor was.  Instead they allowed the counselor to go to Watsonville for a week to work with our son.  He made progress that week but they never found him a partner and consequently he was asked to leave.

They wanted to put him in a shelter somewhere in California but we paid for a bus ticket home.  They gave him no food on the day of his departure and left him at the bus depot without any funds.  They told us that he could return to Narconon after he completed 40 hours of community service for his ethics violations (which consisted of talking to others about the scientology connection).  They also promised us that they would call him every week to provide support to him.  They never called.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/healthcare-centers/narconon-watsonville/narconon-watsonville-and-tah-9dfc3.htm

This story is very typical of what really happens. I am beside myself as to how governments and health authorities in North America allow this to continue? It's absurd to me.

What is it really going to take? I know chaining myself to the Parliament front doors or even something more would only be seen as me being a radical nut case or worse, so I quickly dispell the thought, but I am sure not content with the staus quo!

Damn it, I'm really pissed at this Cult of lies and deceipt!
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:58 »
This story is very typical of what really happens. I am beside myself as to how governments and health authorities in North America allow this to continue? It's absurd to me.

What is it really going to take? I know chaining myself to the Parliament front doors or even something more would only be seen as me being a radical nut case or worse, so I quickly dispell the thought, but I am sure not content with the staus quo!

Damn it, I'm really pissed at this Cult of lies and deceipt!

Let's get our torches and pitchforks!  (Figuratively speaking, of course, but we need a "torches and pitchforks" smiley.  Not making fun of your rage at all, just gotta laugh sometimes or we'll cry.) 

Seriously, I'm absolutely right there with you.  This discussion might also interest you: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6031.0.html

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline VONSTEPHANSON III

• Met Xenu
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 15:25 »
It's time to gather together as a force.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 18:39 »
Hmmm..... M-|V|-M
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28 »
Let's get our torches and pitchforks!  (Figuratively speaking, of course, but we need a "torches and pitchforks" smiley.  Not making fun of your rage at all, just gotta laugh sometimes or we'll cry.)

Off topic comment:

We now have a "torches and pitchforks" smiley, 2 in fact, of which either can be used depending on one's level of ire:

:O^:O#  for normal.

:O^:O#red#  for extreme.

Back on topic:

It's time to gather together as a force.

What do you suggest?
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 19:38 »

Off topic comment:

We now have a "torches and pitchforks" smiley, 2 in fact, of which either can be used depending on one's level of ire:

:O^:O#  for normal.

:O^:O#red#  for extreme.

lol!!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.