Author Topic: 5 Biggest Lies in Scientology's 2-Minute TV Ad - Village Voice (blog)  (Read 576 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
5 Biggest Lies in Scientology's 2-Minute TV Ad - Village Voice (blog)
7 February 2012, 8:07 am

​We keep seeing Twitter reactions as people are stunned to see a 2-minute ad for Scientology show up on network television. We've written earlier about the negative reactions the ad is getting as it appeared during NFL playoff games, ...

....Golden Era knows how to put out a slick ad. But how much of it is true? Turns out, not a lot. We've selected the ad's five biggest whoppers, taking them in the order that they appear...

more at http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/5_biggest_lies_scientology_tv_ad.php
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 22:30 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Hah! Tony O exposes the lies. They really did make it easy for him with this one...

#2. Scientology is "the study of truth, drawing on 50,000 years of wisdom, mathematics, and nuclear physics"

This one is almost too easy. In fact, it's really somewhat incredible that Scientology's advertising department would dare to include that bit about nuclear physics, since it only takes a few keystrokes on Google to learn that although Hubbard loved to tell people he was one of only a handful of nuclear physicists in the 1930s, the truth is that in 1932 he took only a single class in nuclear physics at George Washington University and failed it.

Here, look for yourself. Here's the pertinent line from his transcript:

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama