Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
:w:e:l:c:o:m:e: to our forum, JoeClark!

I'm not sure what it is you are looking for either, but those links mefree gave you should help you better understand where this crazy 'barley formula' came from.

Appreciate you mentioning that reference. Its a dangerous formula to give babies. When I was a scientologist, I never gave it to my infant. Of course I never mentioned that to anyone at the church. I just ignore Hubbard's advice.
General Discussion about Scientology / Re: Hubbard's view on identities
« Last post by mefree on October 18, 2017, 08:34 »
I think you're on the right track with delusional, Joe.  ;) Welcome to RFTTP.

Also, you might find this of interest:

MALIGNANT NARCISSISM, L. RON HUBBARD, AND SCIENTOLOGY’S POLICIES OF NARCISSISTIC RAGE
ABSTRACT
In this article, we argue that Scientology’s founder, L. Ron Hubbard, likely presented a personality disorder known as malignant narcissism, and then we establish that this disorder probably contributed to his creation of organizational policies against perceived enemies that reflected his narcissistic rage. We illustrate our argument by discussing Hubbard’s creation of an internal Scientology organization called the Guardian’s Office, which carried out a sustained and covert attack against a Scientology critic, Paulette Cooper. This attack, and the Scientology policies that Hubbard created to ‘handle’ critics like her, demonstrate how Hubbard translated narcissistic rage into organizational policies that loyal members enacted on his behalf. By using psychological insights about the leader’s personality, and then showing how that personality translated into socially deviant and sometimes criminal policies and actions by his organization, we hope to encourage criminologists to examine other groups by applying similar theories.
http://skent.ualberta.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lane-Kent_HubbardsNarcissism_EN_December08-2008.pdf
I'm not quite sure what your question is. If you're looking for nutritional advice for children, look here:
https://www.healthychildren.org/english/healthy-living/nutrition/pages/default.aspx

Also, scicrit did a nice series of posts on this subject, on his blog.
https://scicrit.wordpress.com/l-ron-hubbards-baby-formula/
Narconon and related groups / Re: Suncoast Rehabilitation Center
« Last post by Mary_McConnell on October 17, 2017, 15:02 »
That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing DeathHamster.

:w:e:l:c:o:m:e: JerroldSam!!

Appreciate you joining and looking forward to hearing more from you if you can

Do you know that facility or company? Anything you care to share?

We love any information, past or present, even personal experiences or 2nd hand info.

I have been meaning to post the following, so now seems like the right time:

From Florida Corporations http://sunbiz.org  This company is in Clearwater these days and the program is run by Narconon Lousiana owners/execs Tom & Cathy Steiner.

NARCONON SUNCOAST, INC.
Last Event
NAME CHANGE AMENDMENT
Event Date Filed
08/05/2015
Report Year   Filed Date
2015    01/14/2015
08/05/2015 -- Name Change
2008 filed:  Narconon Spring Hill

01/29/2015 -- Name Change from Suncoast Rehabilitation Center,Inc to  Narconon Spring Hill, INC.

12/22/2015 Narconon Spring Hill, Inc to Suncoast Rehabilitation Center, Inc

08/04/2015 Name change from Suncoast Rehabilitation Center, Inc
to Narconon Suncoast, Inc

Officer/Director Detail Name & Address
Title P

Steiner, Cathy
1390 SUNSET POINT ROAD
CLEARWATER, FL 33755

Title S

Strickling, Sean
1390 SUNSET POINT ROAD
CLEARWATER, FL 33755

Title T

Steiner, Tom
1390 SUNSET POINT ROAD
CLEARWATER, FL 33755
Officer/Director Detail Name & Address

Title P

Steiner, Cathy
1390 SUNSET POINT ROAD
CLEARWATER, FL 33755

Title S

Strickling, Sean
1390 SUNSET POINT ROAD
CLEARWATER, FL 33755

Title T

Steiner, Tom
1390 SUNSET POINT ROAD
CLEARWATER, FL 33755
--------------------------------

Narconon and related groups / Re: Suncoast Rehabilitation Center
« Last post by JerroldSam on October 11, 2017, 12:36 »
That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing DeathHamster.
General Discussion about Scientology / Hubbard's view on identities
« Last post by JoeClark on October 11, 2017, 03:23 »
Hello Everyone,

From the Hubbard Clearing Scientologist Course 6001C06 6 January 1960, Identity, 54'13"
"Identity is the most irresponsible mechanism a thetan has. Therefore, it has to be resolved."

Interesting misinformation. We use identities to get anything done and take responsibility. So Hubbard wanted to "resolve" that which we use to take responsibility by calling it irresponsible.
Was Hubbard delusional or was he trying to create slaves?

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/353-hubbards-view-on-identities/

(Edited: Removed advertising link.  --ec)
Hello Everyone,

Pediatric Dermatology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33125, USA. cynthiajburk@yahoo.com

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is necessary for the formation of collagen, reducing free radicals, and aiding in iron absorption. Scurvy, a disease of dietary ascorbic acid deficiency, is uncommon today. Indeed, implementation of dietary recommendations largely eradicated infantile scurvy in the US in the early 1900s. We present a case of an otherwise healthy 2-year-old Caucasian girl who presented with refusal to walk secondary to pain in her lower extremities, generalized irritability, sleep disturbance, and malaise. The girl's parents described feeding the patient an organic diet recommended by the Church of Scientology that included a boiled mixture of organic whole milk, barley, and corn syrup devoid of fruits and vegetables. Physical examination revealed pale, bloated skin with edematous, violaceous gums and loosening of a few of her teeth. Dermatologic findings included xerosis, multiple scattered ecchymoses of the extremities, and perifollicular hemorrhage. Laboratory and radiographic evaluation confirmed the diagnosis of scurvy. The patient showed dramatic improvement after only 3 days of treatment with oral ascorbic acid and significant dietary modification. In this case report, we revisit the old diagnosis of scurvy with a modern dietary twist secondary to religious practices. This case highlights the importance of taking a detailed dietary history when evaluating diseases involving the skin."

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/53-hubbards-barley-water-formula-for-babies-of-stupid-parents/

(Edited: Removed advertising link.  --ec)
Karen's book was initially 800 pages, and later abridged to 426 pages.

Might be an interesting read, but I wonder what made Karen throw out half of the book...   c||o:

Welcome, Finn89!!

In addition to listening to Karen's interview with Christ Shelton for an explanation, it's important to keep in mind that it costs much more to publish/print a larger text. As well, editors often edit out things out, for various reasons.

This new book is a long time in coming and a very important read. Karen originally wrote a 288 pg of the same title book, but the church went to extreme lengths to knock it out of publication.

Escaping Scientology: An Insider's True Story Hardcover – 30 Apr 2007
by Karen Schless Pressley (Author)

Product details

Hardcover: 288 pages
    Publisher: New Hope Publishers (30 April 2007)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1596690666
    ISBN-13: 978-1596690660
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Escaping-Scientology-Insiders-True-Story/dp/1596690666#customerReviews

Despite that, and the harassment that continued, she continued to speak up. Her name and book are listed in  this 2009 list:

Re: Ex-Scientologists Who Are Openly Critical Of The Cult Of Scientology
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 05:19

UPDATED LIST (350 EXES SPEAKING OUT):

NOW WITH ALPHABETIZING BY SURNAME (yay!)

ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE SAME THING...SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T WORK!!

(continued from previous post)

Karen [Schless] Pressley - left after 16 years, 9 years as staff member. Author of a book titled Escaping Scientology.
Jesse Prince -highest ranking officer in Scientology's Sea Org, witness in Lisa McPherson trial

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?topic=228.msg1827#msg1827

Never let these goons get you thinking the worst. There are so many exes speaking up, writing of their experiences on the internet ( and in books ) that the church doesn't have the ability to plug all the holes exposing it's activities and crimes.

Mefree, thank you for posting about this.
He is going by.... Mac and Martine thehappinesscompany@icloud.com 650-309-8690 After asking him if he was located in Kentucky and if not does he have certifications that would take care of NH, cause NH requires in person assessments, his reply was... No I am not located in Kentucky but I have certification there through IC&RC, and I thought that's what you were looking for somebody that had that type of certification. We do our assessments via electronic face-to-face contact.
If you call me we can talk further about whether I'm the right person to help you.
Thanks
Mac
signed by... Mac McGregor LADC, IC&RC
I want to thank you again for helping others avoid these crooks. God Bless you!

Wow!! Thanks for posting this!! 

What kind of assessment is he referring to? An intake assessment? Or is this a supervisor assessment of a counselor?

Based upon the above email hev sent you, here is some more information, if you or anyone else want to read it, of course.

The phone number area code is from around San Jose, CA. Glad to have the general idea. And  a # to call him at :)
?
This Mac & Martine Show consists of :

Kent Mac McGregor
https://www.facebook.com/macbooker

along with his colleague and Facebook Friend, who lives in Norway and happens to work for Narconon Europe... that is a regional management level . Narconon must be working on McGregor to help him bring in the big bucks internationally ( his late wife was from Denmark and worked at Narconon there ). 

Martine Sending

Prosjektleder (Project Manager) at Narconon Europe
    Lives in Græsted
    From Kongsberg, Norway
https://www.facebook.com/martine.sending

I just came across this post on Facebook, regarding McGregor using the IC&RC as a title, which means nothing as far as a being a credential.
https://www.facebook.com/BuyerBeware/posts/543243652364079

Kent McGregor has been reinventing himself. Often with baloney

the last letter reply...
I haven't done one for a while from New Hampshire but I've done others in the past and I've always done them this way I don't make a big issue that I'm using Skype but I do write it up that we had an interview, and my licensing and certification covers their area so I don't think there's a problem.
Thanks
Mac

In other words, he doesn't report that he interviewed the person by Skype... Looks like he may have broken the certification rules requiring in person, face-to-face, assessments. I suspect that his LADC license could be taken away for this.

Thank you for sharing all this!

~ Mary
the last letter reply...
I haven't done one for a while from New Hampshire but I've done others in the past and I've always done them this way I don't make a big issue that I'm using Skype but I do write it up that we had an interview, and my licensing and certification covers their area so I don't think there's a problem.
Thanks
Mac

Thanks for sharing those responses with us.

Thankfully, you've done your homework. As Mary said, many don't, or conduct their research after the fact.

Also, welcome to RFTTP.
 :w:e:l:c:o:m:e:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10