Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
the last letter reply...
I haven't done one for a while from New Hampshire but I've done others in the past and I've always done them this way I don't make a big issue that I'm using Skype but I do write it up that we had an interview, and my licensing and certification covers their area so I don't think there's a problem.
Thanks
Mac
He is going by.... Mac and Martine thehappinesscompany@icloud.com 650-309-8690 After asking him if he was located in Kentucky and if not does he have certifications that would take care of NH, cause NH requires in person assessments, his reply was... No I am not located in Kentucky but I have certification there through IC&RC, and I thought that's what you were looking for somebody that had that type of certification. We do our assessments via electronic face-to-face contact.
If you call me we can talk further about whether I'm the right person to help you.
Thanks
Mac
signed by... Mac McGregor LADC, IC&RC
I want to thank you again for helping others avoid these crooks. God Bless you!

Hi and welcome!! Glad you searched the internet well. Sadly, many don't.

Sad for the potential victims to hear William Kent McGregor is still trying to drum up business. He took off from Oklahoma after being sued for fraud and foreclosing on his home

Here are some specific links with details of what you are dealing with. Please know that he will only 'refer' you to a Narconon. For independent information about Narconon, and what to look for and ask when seeking help for a loved one visit NArconon Reviews http://narcononreviews.net

While there is much about McGregor on the internet, These particular links contains info about his shyster activities and sordid past

Re: Narconon Arrowhead 2003
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?topic=13003.msg37157#msg37157

W. Kent (Mac) McGregor's Illustrious Career
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/Kent_McGregor/

Here is a link to the lawsuit for fraud is is named in and figures widely in
NAFC v. Narconon and Church of Scientology (many defendants)
http://narcononreviews.net/lawsuits/nafc-v-narconon-and-church-of-scientology-many-defendants/

If he is in California, I bet he's using the phones over at the Narconon Fresh Start sales office. He has no stable residence... after Oklahoma, he fled to Arizona. But he could be anywhere because you cannot trust a lot of he says.

Stay smart. Don't believe anything a rehab program staff member or a rehab referral site tells you on the phone without verifying it in writing.

Best wishes,

Mary
About this post... I have received a response from a Mac/William McGregor stating he does alcohol assessments and he is in Cal. After reading this forum, I am guessing he is a scam?? If so I will delete his email, and thank you people for having this post, and saved me a lot of money and time.
Karen's book was initially 800 pages, and later abridged to 426 pages.

Might be an interesting read, but I wonder what made Karen throw out half of the book...   c||o:

Watch Chris Shelton's interview with Karen to find out. Also, if you read the OP, she didn't throw out half of the book. She's providing that content on her website for FREE.

|\/|8-P
Karen's book was initially 800 pages, and later abridged to 426 pages.

Might be an interesting read, but I wonder what made Karen throw out half of the book...   c||o:
Hi Everyone,

Karen Pressley has a new book out that is currently available in Kindle format on Amazon.

Escaping Scientology: An Insider's True Story,  by Karen Schless Pressley

My Journey with the Cult of Celebrity Spirituality, Greed and Power
Karen and Peter Schless were seduced by Scientology’s celebrity spirituality and detoured from Hollywood careers to join its extremist group, the Sea Org, to work in leader David Miscavige’s inner sanctum. They built the walls of their mental prison while getting absorbed into a radicalized lifestyle where danger, captivity and abuse were normalized. After three escapes Karen chose between two unbearable options.

Karen's book was initially 800 pages, and later abridged to 426 pages. For readers wanting to research topics in-depth, Karen has opted to offer the original content, in an interactive way, via chapter excerpts on her website. (Website design by Jefferson Hawkins)

Chris Shelton recently interviewed Karen on his Sensibly Speaking podcast #108 in which she talks about her experiences within scientology and her book. 

More at http://escapingscientology.com
Additional book versions and distributors to come soon.
Narconon and related groups / Re: Will Google's Change Impact narCONon??
« Last post by ethercat on September 15, 2017, 18:55 »
I'm hoping it will be the start of the 'wedge in the crack', and maybe start getting the FTC's interest. Or at least some ambitious State Attorney Generals.

Yep, anything's better than nothing.  Every little bit helps.
« Last post by BigBeard on September 15, 2017, 18:22 »
I'm hoping it will be the start of the 'wedge in the crack', and maybe start getting the FTC's interest. Or at least some ambitious State Attorney Generals.
« Last post by ethercat on September 15, 2017, 15:36 »
Thanks for the link to the article, BB.   L-O-:

Quote from: MICHAEL CORKERY, New York Times
Search ads for addiction treatment are lucrative. Treatment providers, in some cases, have been willing to pay $70 per ad click, according to an analysis that Mr. Williams’ group conducted and presented to Google executives.

We had a thread about this sort of thing, a while back:
Keyword marketing - "rehab" is #18, "treatment" is #19 Cost: $$$

Prices seem to have gone up quite a bit since then, if Mr. Williams' analysis is correct.

Quote from: MICHAEL CORKERY, New York Times
In a series of phone calls and a meeting in Washington, D.C., Mr. Williams presented the company his research. He highlighted that some of the biggest buyers of ad words related to treatment had been accused of misdeeds related to insurance fraud and sexual assault.

As have some of the Network Partners on his own site.
http://narcononreviews.net/management/per-wickstrom/

Unfortunately, this seems to be only about limiting advertising, and not an attempt to weed out referral sites from the search results.  I'm sure that will help some, but the web is littered with deceptive sites (and not only related to drug rehabs).  I'd be more impressed if they made a better effort on their search results.  I seem to remember google went after affiliate marketers a few years ago, and this referral scam is nothing more than an "in real life" form of that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10