Author Topic: Republicans Are Wooing the Wired - The New York Times  (Read 1101 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Republicans Are Wooing the Wired - The New York Times
« on: February 09, 2014, 12:24 »
Interesting...

Republicans Are Wooing the Wired - The New York Times
By MATT RICHTEL and NICHOLAS CONFESSORE    FEB. 8, 2014
At an after-hours hacking event at Microsoft’s headquarters in Redmond, Wash., Aaron Ginn approached an engineer whose face was buried in a laptop.

Like more than a few techies, Mr. Ginn could pass for a skateboarder or a member of a boy band: As he circulated, he wore a red Reebok cap, its bill tilted high over his short dark hair, a silver and black cross around his neck and a green T-shirt printed with “Lincoln Labs.” That’s the name of the talent-scouting group he founded last year with two friends. But unlike others in this game, Mr. Ginn was in search of a rare technology-industry breed: Republicans.
more at http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/technology/republicans-are-wooing-the-wired.html
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline I Was Anon 88

• On the path to knowledge
Re: Republicans Are Wooing the Wired - The New York Times
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16 »
Huh... Doesn't come as too much of a shock that Silicon Valley has so many closet Republicans, but I imagine it's more for their fiscal views, like Mr. Ginn here.

I'd say more, but I'm sure I'll offend someone. I will note that they're going to need more than 30 talented engineers if they want to take on the already up-to-tech Democrats.
Tom Cruise: "DAVID! What does the SP Scouter Reading Say!?"
David Miscavige: *terrified look* *breaks his scouter*
Tom Cruise: "Is it over 9000?!"
David Miscavige: "9000!? I WISHTH'! THISTH' MANIAC'STH IN THE OCTILLIONSTH'!! That can only mean he's a Super Suppressive!"
Me: "You two midgets shut up before I hit you with my Karate Stick, I'M TRYING TO CODE AN ALGORITHM WITHIN A FUNCTION WITHIN A WHILE LOOP THAT PASSES FIVE INSANE FLOATING POINT PARAMETERS AND MY COMPILER HATES ME!!"

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Republicans Are Wooing the Wired - The New York Times
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 18:26 »
Huh... Doesn't come as too much of a shock that Silicon Valley has so many closet Republicans, but I imagine it's more for their fiscal views, like Mr. Ginn here.

I'd say more, but I'm sure I'll offend someone. I will note that they're going to need more than 30 talented engineers if they want to take on the already up-to-tech Democrats.

Yeah, I didn't mean to provoke a political discussion for sure. It just all seems a bit smarmy.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama