Author Topic: Ideal Org Uniforms???  (Read 6871 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Ideal Org Uniforms???
« on: August 05, 2009, 17:51 »
Has anyone else seen these uniforms planned for the Ideal Org staff to wear?

All weather wool and satin, it says - that will be nice and comfortable in the summertime.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Ideal Org Uniforms???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 19:52 »
Seems like a strange combination between an airline stewardess uniform and a vampire costume.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 20:01 »
The red used on the hat doesn't match the red used everywhere else.  That's kinda weird.  Maybe they thought the bright red on the hat would be garish?   :D

Narconon Reviews

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 20:36 »
I love the top hat and cape look!  It's so cartoon villainous!

(Yes, I did include non-matching reds!)

Raven

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:07 »
^^^ lol at pict

It looks very polyester and 70's to me.

How much will the sea orgers have to pay out for such a unique look?

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 19:02 »
I thought the cape was a red-lined black peacoat and was initially surprised to see the culties develop some style. A Snidely Whiplash / Dracula cape makes much more sense, really.

And the bucket hat was, IIRC, all the rage among children and pre-teens a few years back; it tends to make you look like a demented Gilligan if you are a teen or adult.

On the plus side, if they go for it, it will be easy to kit ourselves out in matching togs to confuse them for the LULZ, just by shopping at Hallowe'en outlets and K-Mart.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 20:25 »
Capes for raids!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 21:39 »
Capes for raids!

Ummm; maybe in November? If it is cool by then?

8)

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 12:47 »
Anime fans out there will (hopefully) know about Captain Harlock .... basically a pirate in space.  I don't know why it didn't come to mind before!

Capes for raids!

Is that a call for a cosplay Space Pirates theme? D:

But really, who does Scientology think they're kidding?  I guess it's just a little bit of a morale booster.  Sea Org slaves staff are likely expected to react, "New uniforms?!  We look so snazzy and up-to-date now!" and then be less likely to leave because they feel better about what they do AND how they look.  I know, RPF and all that stuff.  but still ...

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 13:22 »
But really, who does Scientology think they're kidding?  I guess it's just a little bit of a morale booster.  Sea Org slaves staff are likely expected to react, "New uniforms?!  We look so snazzy and up-to-date now!" and then be less likely to leave because they feel better about what they do AND how they look.  I know, RPF and all that stuff.  but still ...

I think, but am not sure, that the uniforms are only for Ideal Org staff, not SO.  The page says "Ideal Class V Org Staff uniform."  My guess is that they're trying to get enough people to staff these massive buildings by trying to appeal to their fashion sense (?).  I don't think I'd feel very at ease with someone dressed like this even if I didn't already know about scientology.  Even the airlines are dressing people more casually now.  To me it just looks like model runway stuff no one wears in the real world, except at nightclubs.

Like so many things they do, it just shows how out of touch with the real world they are.  Oh, well, at least we'll recognize them when we see them.   ;)

Narconon Reviews