Author Topic: May 15, 2010 Post Game  (Read 3055 times)

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
  • For me, it really is KCW (Keep Chanology Working)
May 15, 2010 Post Game
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:48 »
Cross-posting all relevant info from the original WWP thread. Edited for this forum.

I got there around 11:30 or 11:40. These people

were protesting when I showed up.

There was a handler on our corner. When I noticed him and asked about him he went to the other side of the street. After awhile, I shouted out that he had no confront and that he was low on the tone scale. Then he disappeared.

There was honking, people shouting at us from cars (much of it was indecipherable, other than a girl who complained about our masks), people asking questions and taking wet flyers from other anons, panhandling, and a drunk man who fell off his bike. Three of us helped him to his feet.

A couple of groups were walking around, including one cancer awareness/support group (I should have told them Scientology thinks cancer is psychosomatic).

A scilon asked who Lisa McPherson was and walked off as anons were answering him. anonsoulless followed him for half a block telling him who she was. After he got finished shopping, he went back into the org.

After the protest was over, I helped an elderly woman cross Main Street, then 39th. She asked me why people were honking and I said they might be honking because of my sign, which read 'Scientology Killed Lisa McPherson'. She just responded that she didn't know anything about it. Isn't it strange an old lady had no problems talking to a hooded man masked with a bandana and these scientologists have problems simply looking in our direction?

After walking for a little bit, I decided to check if I was being tailed. I hung out in a private parking lot with my mask still on. Three guys from MainCor showed up and two of them approached me. I took off my mask and explained myself to them. One of them was all serious business and told me to get off the lot. The other guy was highly amused and I had a decent chat with him. I won't quote everything he said, but he likes the idea of us protesting Scientology.

Decent turnout, bad weather. No video this time.

The group photo by never:

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: May 15, 2010 Post Game
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 17:36 »
Nice protest!

Seems like you get a bit more foot traffic than we do.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 19:25 »
Well done!
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 13:22 »
Great job! Pretty, colorful signs always make me happy.

(*ouo*)

( I have just wanted to use the mad cow for a while now. Icon not relevant. xP)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 13:34 »

Whats the story behind the gentleman who wants his daughter back from the cult?

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 05:50 »

The man's name is Bernie Headley. He's the father of Marc Headley (author of Blown for Good) and Stephanie Headley (the daughter he is looking for).

As I understand it, Bernie Headley was born and raised a Roman Catholic. However, after his children went to Delphi LA, he worked on staff in LA for 9 years before leaving in '89.

You can find out a lot more abut the situation here:

http://www.bernster.net/stephanieheadley.html

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:30 »

The man's name is Bernie Headley. He's the father of Marc Headley (author of Blown for Good) and Stephanie Headley (the daughter he is looking for).

As I understand it, Bernie Headley was born and raised a Roman Catholic. However, after his children went to Delphi LA, he worked on staff in LA for 9 years before leaving in '89.

You can find out a lot more abut the situation here:

http://www.bernster.net/stephanieheadley.html

Thanks for sharing. Small world huh. For the life of me, I will never understand why those IN disconnect with their loved ones. I know from time to time in our lives, We get pissed off at a friend or family member, but to just act like they do not exist is just plain strange. We all are blessed with a very sort time on this marble we call earth. Each of us should enjoy that time with fiends, experiences and family.

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:23 »
Thanks for sharing. Small world huh. For the life of me, I will never understand why those IN disconnect with their loved ones. I know from time to time in our lives, We get pissed off at a friend or family member, but to just act like they do not exist is just plain strange. We all are blessed with a very sort time on this marble we call earth. Each of us should enjoy that time with fiends, experiences and family.

I hear ya. My friends come before a lot of things in life. Sometimes this includes even my ideals.

I wonder what my position would have been on Scientology if one of my friends was a Scientologist?

At any rate, I'm glad this is not the case.  :)

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30 »

I hear ya. My friends come before a lot of things in life. Sometimes this includes even my ideals.

I wonder what my position would have been on Scientology if one of my friends was a Scientologist?

At any rate, I'm glad this is not the case.  :)

Yeah, that would be a tough one to address. Long time ago i had a buddie join the Moonies. He completely disappeared never to be heard from again. Guess if a family member joined a cult it would be interesting to see how I would act.

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 20:08 »
It is a difficult thing to deal with. I believe I would still have begun picketing Scientology even if I hadn't been able to see up close the damage it does to a person's  soul. The attacks on the internet newsgroup (alt.religion.scientology) and the death of Lisa McPherson were a call to arms I had to answer. Even though I knew it pretty much guaranteed it would cost me a dear friend of many years, which it did... Looking back, I think we had already lost him to the cult even before the first pickets.

But I digress...
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis