Author Topic: Narconon of Georgia False Representation (was Re: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narcono  (Read 45017 times)

Offline howardheidi

• New Around Here
Hi, I am new to this website and am currently trying to find the best way to sue Narconon of Georgia for falsely leading me to believe that they are only a drug rehab center.  My son was there for 4 weeks before I realized what was going on and decided to remove him immediately.  Luckily, I had already done my research a few days before on how Narconon staff would answer my complaints for taking my son out of their facility.  The funny thing is that they gave me the exact answers that everyone across the US said that they would give me.  I would love to participate in a class action lawsuit but do not know how to get that started or if there already is one going on.  Can  someone please direct me?

Thanks!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Welcome to the forum, hh.

Your question may be best answered by an attorney. There is an ongoing lawuits thread here:
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6462.0.html

How is your son doing after his experience at Narconon?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Hi, I am new to this website and am currently trying to find the best way to sue Narconon of Georgia for falsely leading me to believe that they are only a drug rehab center.  My son was there for 4 weeks before I realized what was going on and decided to remove him immediately.  Luckily, I had already done my research a few days before on how Narconon staff would answer my complaints for taking my son out of their facility.  The funny thing is that they gave me the exact answers that everyone across the US said that they would give me.  I would love to participate in a class action lawsuit but do not know how to get that started or if there already is one going on.  Can  someone please direct me?

Thanks!

Hi howardheidi, and welcome to the Tipping Point.  Have you and your son done the Narconon Survey?  It's here: http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/narcononsurvey/

All of the Narconons operate off of the same basic plan.  That's not to say there aren't subtle differences, due to the personalities involved, but the tactics used to gain and keep clients are very similar.

Like mefree above, I would encourage you to speak to a lawyer about your case.  A good one will be able to tell you if you have cause.  This article on wikipedia will give you some more information on class actions in general: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action

I hope your son is in a good program now (or has completed one).  Can you tell us more about his experience at Narconon of Georgia?

The main thing you can do that will help to prevent others from having a similar experience is to file complaints with the state overseeing agency.  For Narconon of Georgia, that would be the Georgia Department of Community Health.  There is a link on this page to file a complaint: http://dch.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,31446711_144156390,00.html

Additionally, reviews on sites such as ripoffreport.com, google maps (though it is quite obvious there that Narconon has been busy entering favorable reviews there), and complaints to the FTC at ftc.gov will contribute to the growing number of similar complaints.

There is a list of sites where you can make complaints here: http://www.squidoo.com/ConsumerComplaints
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Hi howardheidi,
Have you done the narconon attendees survey?
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6542.0.html

Some of your questions can be answered via doing the survey. Many people ask about filing a class action lawsuit bt its not a simple matter. People are asking for one and information is being collected to eventually get one started. If you do the survey, you will get more specific answers in reply to what you note in it from your experiences and that of your loved one who attended a Narconon.
Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SomeonesSister

• On the path to knowledge
My sister is currently a "student" at narconon of georgia...the place where Patrick Desmond died.  I am scared to death for her because of everything I have read about Narconon on the internet.  My family and her husband are furious with me for voicing my concerns about narconon of georgia.  They have already been brain washed with narconon's "no negativity" policy.  Her husband went to visit her yesterday and low and behold, another student escaped, went out and got drunk and is missing.  Not a problem for anyone but me in the family.  They say I am just being a negative Nellie.  I beg to differ...a piece of duct tape on the door is not a proper way to keep in a deserate addict.  I speak from experience.  I tried to commit suicide twice and checked myself in to the Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna, GA.  Ridgeview is a Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facility that also treats depression, eating disorders and other mental health issues.  I was on the psych side as they called it.  I lived there on the campus for 45 days and was housed in an onsite apartment building with approximately 41 other women from all walks of life and all sorts of problems.  Security was tight, but that was for our-the patients-safety.  During my time there, not one person escaped.  We had check-ins several times a day.  The staff knew where we were at all times.  We were not allowed to fraternize with patients of the opposite sex.  We were not allowed to leave the campus with our families for any reason.  The point being, it was a legitimat rehab facility, licensed by the state of georgia to house in-patient patients. What the heck is going on at Narconon of Georgia?  I have a copy of the family and friends packet and also the housing agreement. It says in some of the paperwork that Narconon does not provide housing for its patients, but they can refer you to a place nearby if you are from out of state.  Here's the problem with that...when my mom dropped my sister off there she had to pay Narconon of Georgia for her rent at an apartment complex where many other "students" are housed illegally and secured with nothing but a piece of duct tape on the door.  So everyone in my family is walking around with their rose-colored glasses on, "hoping for the best."

Another thing that has been puzzling me is when I google "Narconon of Georgia" or go to their website drugsno.com I get a generic website with no details specific to the particular facility.  When I google "Ridgeview Institute", I get Ridgeview Institute's actual website complete with pictures of the facility and all sorts of information about their programs.  Does anyone know why that is???

I realize this is just a bunch of gibberish, but I am really concerned about the health and safety of my one and only sister.  I plan to call the Georgia Dept of Human Resources this morning and file a complaint against them.  I will keep you posted.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Hi SomeonesSister, and welcome to the forum.  I'll respond "inline" below.

My sister is currently a "student" at narconon of georgia...the place where Patrick Desmond died.  I am scared to death for her because of everything I have read about Narconon on the internet.

I barely know what to say, but I do want to calm you down some.    I am not a supporter of Narconon by any means (I am the admin of this forum, if that lets you know how much against them that I am), and the methods Narconon uses can be dangerous to people in precarious health, but the vast majority of people who go do make it out alive.  So although you are smart to be concerned, the chances are good that your sister will not end up as Patrick did.  The most common outcome is that people waste their money and time.  I realize that's easier for me to say than for you to accept, since she's not my sister.  That's not to say that your concerns are unfounded, though, not by any means.  If I found out someone I love was at Narconon, I would probably be just as worried as you are.

My family and her husband are furious with me for voicing my concerns about narconon of georgia.  They have already been brain washed with narconon's "no negativity" policy.  Her husband went to visit her yesterday and low and behold, another student escaped, went out and got drunk and is missing.  Not a problem for anyone but me in the family.  They say I am just being a negative Nellie.  I beg to differ...a piece of duct tape on the door is not a proper way to keep in a deserate addict. 

Oh, dear.  They still have not learned their lesson, or apparently changed anything.  I do hope the missing person will turn up alright.  I wonder if they were even reported missing.

As to your family and her husband, since I don't know any of you, it's hard to offer advice.  I'm sure they are hoping for a good outcome for her (her getting off of whatever substance she is there for) and are probably trying to think positively - though they may have some doubts that might account for the "furious" attitude toward your concerns. 

It is good that her husband went to visit her; the closer in touch they stay with her, the better.  He will probably know her well enough to know if something isn't right with her.  One thing to be aware of is that if she wanted to leave, Narconon will tell him that "it's the addict talking" and they may convince him that she is making things up.  Unfortunately, I have heard from more than a few people that they wished they had listened to their family member when they wanted to leave.  Your family and her husband  do need to pay attention to her, if she tells them something is wrong.

I speak from experience.  I tried to commit suicide twice and checked myself in to the Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna, GA.  Ridgeview is a Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facility that also treats depression, eating disorders and other mental health issues.  I was on the psych side as they called it.  I lived there on the campus for 45 days and was housed in an onsite apartment building with approximately 41 other women from all walks of life and all sorts of problems.  Security was tight, but that was for our-the patients-safety.  During my time there, not one person escaped.  We had check-ins several times a day.  The staff knew where we were at all times.  We were not allowed to fraternize with patients of the opposite sex.  We were not allowed to leave the campus with our families for any reason.  The point being, it was a legitimat rehab facility, licensed by the state of georgia to house in-patient patients.

You are right about Ridgeview - it is legitimate.  And scientific, medically sound, and concerned for the well being of their patients.  Comparing Narconon to Ridgeview is like comparing roadkill to filet mignon.

What the heck is going on at Narconon of Georgia?

Unfortunately, Narconon of Georgia's primary interest is money, and, in drastic circumstances, keeping Narconon's neck out of the noose.

I have a copy of the family and friends packet and also the housing agreement. It says in some of the paperwork that Narconon does not provide housing for its patients, but they can refer you to a place nearby if you are from out of state.  Here's the problem with that...when my mom dropped my sister off there she had to pay Narconon of Georgia for her rent at an apartment complex where many other "students" are housed illegally and secured with nothing but a piece of duct tape on the door.  So everyone in my family is walking around with their rose-colored glasses on, "hoping for the best."

It is my understanding that Narconon of Georgia is not licensed as a residential facility.  That is part of the Desmond case, that he was supposed to be in a licensed residential facility as dictated by the State of Florida for his court-ordered treatment. 

Duct tape on the door is absolutely ridiculous!  The "students" should, at the very least, be monitored by someone at all times.  Locking them in might present a fire hazard, and considering how Narconon is, maybe it's better if they use duct tape than locks.  But clients shouldn't be staying at the apartments and paying rent to Narconon for their housing AT ALL, because you are right, it is illegal.  I am dismayed, but not surprised, that this is still going on.

Another thing that has been puzzling me is when I google "Narconon of Georgia" or go to their website drugsno.com I get a generic website with no details specific to the particular facility.  When I google "Ridgeview Institute", I get Ridgeview Institute's actual website complete with pictures of the facility and all sorts of information about their programs.  Does anyone know why that is???

All of the Narconons, along with Narconon International, have spammed the web with their sites, including fake referral sites that posture themselves as unbiased, saying they will help find the best rehab for a person, and then referring everyone that contacts them to one of the Narconons.  There is a commission for people who send clients to Narconon.  I would imagine it keeps their costs down to use a generic web design.

Ridgeview is proud of their facility, and with good reason.  Narconon feels the need to hide the facts, which I can actually understand (but not condone), considering what the facts are. 

I realize this is just a bunch of gibberish, but I am really concerned about the health and safety of my one and only sister.  I plan to call the Georgia Dept of Human Resources this morning and file a complaint against them.  I will keep you posted.

Not a bunch of gibberish at all; I found you quite easy to understand.   I hope you did call the Ga. Dept. of Human Resources (I believe it is DCH, Dept. of Community Health, now), and I hope you told them about the residential situation and the person leaving.  If you didn't, I think you should call back and let them know about that too.

Please keep us informed about your sister - we may not know you, but we do care, and we worry about people even if we don't know them. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:01 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Welcome to Tipping Point, SomeonesSister.

ethercat has given you some good information and advice.

Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) is the appropriate agency responsible for oversight  of drug treatment in Georgia. Here is a link to their website with information on how to file a complaint: http://dch.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,31446711_144156390,00.html

This must be a difficult time for you with concerns falling on deaf ears. Narconon is Scientology.

Narconon Exposed has some excellent information on the program. You may want to share this site with your family, if they are willing to look: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/   

I wish you and your family the very best. If you do file a complaint with DCH, we would be very interested in the outcome.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:01 by ethercat »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Hi SomeonesSister,
I understand your concerns. The replies you have gotten so far are very good and I hope they are of help. The situation about the apartment is nuts. I do home you reported this.

Having experience with families of people doing the Narconon program, I can tell you that certain things are important to keep in mind about what to do when you have a loved one in the NN program and then you are faced with the reality and facts about Narconon .

First, it is better to remain low key in your opposition or no one at home will listen to you. Narconon has already indoctrinated your family to disregard any statements made by your sister like " I want to leave" or 'this place is creepy' or 'they are not really helping me here' or 'there is no therapy here', or "this is scientology stuff'. This is standard procedure for NN.  So by the time anyone else in the family or friends look into the program, the family contact point for the student is already trained to ignore what you are saying. They will think that you are just helping the loved one try to get out of the program.

Most people, when they search the internet and ask around find out that this is not the program that was portrayed on the phone or on the internet site. You are very right to be concerned but remember, don't treat it like an emergency, as if you must get this person out ASAP. As crazy as the program is, if one does not have an alternative plan for where the person is to go right away if taken out of the Narconon program, then the concern might defeat the purpose.

One needs to know if the person wants to leave before trying to get them out!

So the first thing I ask these loved ones is " How is the person doing in the program?" Not what staff are telling you but ... "How is the loved one feeling?" "What is she or he telling you?". I do this because it is important to discern whether it is the addiction talking or the person in the program. Most addicts want to get out as soon as they get in - to any program. As you know from experience, it's the nature of the beast.

So, one cannot go on feeling or assumptions. If the 'student', as they call them in Narconon, cannot talk candidly, or seems apprehensive or fearful to talk, then you know there is a problem. Can they discuss what thay are learning? Can they speak in private? One cannot know if the person is speaking candidly if they are being watched or fearful that someone is listening in ( which has happened at certain Narconons based upon reports.)

The people who seems to have control in these matters is the person who paid for the program. Am I right to presume your parents paid?  Most parents do pay and it is they that get hoodwinked by the staff that 'all is ok' when it isn't. This is a hugh investment and risk for the payer, who has probably gone out on a limb to get the money and worked very hard to try and get their loved one to go and get some help.  Keep this in mind when you consider your parents and their concerns.

So, where do you go from here? I say 1) take a deep breath 2) stop trying to get agreement from the parents about it being a bad program and 3) give them some time to see you are not opposing them, as that is what they see. 4) tell them to try and get a sense of whether she is free to talk with them about the program because you read that some former Narconon students wrote of being fearful when speaking on the phone because some Narconons monitor and listen in to the calls to prevent students from speaking freely about what is happening. 5) Tell them to not just listen to what Narconon has to say but to listen to her. Tell them to not inadvertantly judge her comments when she talks but to just listen and let her know they are because that will make her feel more safe.

If done this way, any concerns your sister has will come up. Including the fact of being fearful of talking.

Until the situation is resolved, I would not mention more on the internet if I were you. You can contact me or the others who replied her by PM or email, as we 3 are concerned and want to be of help. To contact any of us, just click a name.

I wanted to also let you know that I commend you for caring and for your own continued recovery. I am glad you got to go into a good dual diagnosis program. Narconon is NOT qualified to help anyone, much less anyone with a dual issue. You were smart to catch the differences and raise concerns. I hope my advise will be helpful to you in getting your sister appropriate help.   ~ Mary   
My sister is currently a "student" at narconon of georgia...the place where Patrick Desmond died.  I am scared to death for her because of everything I have read about Narconon on the internet.  My family and her husband are furious with me for voicing my concerns about narconon of georgia.  They have already been brain washed with narconon's "no negativity" policy.  Her husband went to visit her yesterday and low and behold, another student escaped, went out and got drunk and is missing.  Not a problem for anyone but me in the family.  They say I am just being a negative Nellie.  I beg to differ...a piece of duct tape on the door is not a proper way to keep in a deserate addict.  I speak from experience.  I tried to commit suicide twice and checked myself in to the Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna, GA.  Ridgeview is a Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facility that also treats depression, eating disorders and other mental health issues.  I was on the psych side as they called it.  I lived there on the campus for 45 days and was housed in an onsite apartment building with approximately 41 other women from all walks of life and all sorts of problems.  Security was tight, but that was for our-the patients-safety.  During my time there, not one person escaped.  We had check-ins several times a day.  The staff knew where we were at all times.  We were not allowed to fraternize with patients of the opposite sex.  We were not allowed to leave the campus with our families for any reason.  The point being, it was a legitimat rehab facility, licensed by the state of georgia to house in-patient patients. What the heck is going on at Narconon of Georgia?  I have a copy of the family and friends packet and also the housing agreement. It says in some of the paperwork that Narconon does not provide housing for its patients, but they can refer you to a place nearby if you are from out of state.  Here's the problem with that...when my mom dropped my sister off there she had to pay Narconon of Georgia for her rent at an apartment complex where many other "students" are housed illegally and secured with nothing but a piece of duct tape on the door.  So everyone in my family is walking around with their rose-colored glasses on, "hoping for the best."

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:02 by ethercat »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Greetings SomeonesSister!

Welcome to the board. If I may, Please allow me to give you a little background experience I had with Scientology and NarCONon. As a fledgling filmmaker back in 1990-91 I was involved in the making of a SCIENTOLOGY film called Clear mind,Clear body. The film in part was shot in Chilloco Oklahoma @ the 5 Indian Nations Agricultural College which SCIENTOLOGY was turning into a supposed world class drug treatment facility called NarCONon.

During my time working there with the film crew I was witness to some very strange things. Within my industry we @ times take creative license and embellish the topic matter @ hand. We actually faked scenes of happy "Clients". We faked classrooms. We faked auditing sessions. We faked technical school classrooms that did not exist.

In a broken down unused part of the school we faked a nice friendly environment to film NarCONon spokesperson Kristie Alley talking about how wonderful the NarCONon program was. Fast forward to today. The flagship NarCONon facility in Chilloco Oklahoma is LONG GONE. Long gone for way more reasons than I can type here.

I was THERE. I saw the process and even with what little knowledge I had, I knew this was a well laid out scam. To pray upon those in need is horrible. I dearly hope your family member finds peace and overcomes her addictions. In all honesty I would NEVER trust Mary Rieser or anyone @ the Ga NarCONon with mine or any of my families health and well being.

Do a web search on Mary Rieser.That in of itself will show you the real face of both NarCONon and scientology here in Ga.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:03 by ethercat »

Offline SomeonesSister

Just a quick update...I did contact the state of georgia and gave them the info that I have gathered.  They called me twice yesterday.  The first time they wanted to know if there was anything else I wanted to add to my complaint and at first it seemed as if the woman I was talking to did not really seem to care, but after I read her some of the paperwork I have that came directly from NarCONon of Georgia she seemed a little more interested.  So much so that she called back and asked me to fax the paperwork to her.  I am referring to the NarCONon of Georgia Admission and Services Agreement which states that "Narconon of Georgia Inc. is an OUTPATIENT drug rehabilitation and education facility in the State of Georgia and as such, provides drug rehabilitation and education on a non-residential basis.  The student (victim sounds better to me)agrees to be fully responsible for his or her own housing, clothing, meals and other incidentals.  Narconon will provide all materials, supplies and facilities related to the delivery of the Narconon program.
Any assistance Narconon of Georgia provides concerning housing and meals is strictly limited to referral to places that can provide those services.  Transactions concerning referred services are entirely the student's (victim's) responsibility."

I explained to her that when she checked in our parents were required to write Narconon of Georgia a check for the "program" and a separate check for housing at One Sovereign Place apartments.  I also explained that the students (victims) were required to plan meals with the other people who shared the apartment with them as part of the program and to work on communication skills.  When my sister calls from the apartment, my caller ID shows up as a man named Andrew Volpe.  Did a little research on him and as it turns out he lives in Las Vagas, not in Georgia.  She got moved to another apartment and the caller ID on those calls comes from another person who is still employed at Naconon of Georgia whose name is Darrell Hall.

At least they are looking into it...will keep you posted.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Thanks for the follow-up!
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
Just a quick update...I did contact the state of georgia and gave them the info that I have gathered.  They called me twice yesterday.  The first time they wanted to know if there was anything else I wanted to add to my complaint and at first it seemed as if the woman I was talking to did not really seem to care, but after I read her some of the paperwork I have that came directly from NarCONon of Georgia she seemed a little more interested.  So much so that she called back and asked me to fax the paperwork to her.  I am referring to the NarCONon of Georgia Admission and Services Agreement which states that "Narconon of Georgia Inc. is an OUTPATIENT drug rehabilitation and education facility in the State of Georgia and as such, provides drug rehabilitation and education on a non-residential basis.  The student (victim sounds better to me)agrees to be fully responsible for his or her own housing, clothing, meals and other incidentals.  Narconon will provide all materials, supplies and facilities related to the delivery of the Narconon program.
Any assistance Narconon of Georgia provides concerning housing and meals is strictly limited to referral to places that can provide those services.  Transactions concerning referred services are entirely the student's (victim's) responsibility."

I explained to her that when she checked in our parents were required to write Narconon of Georgia a check for the "program" and a separate check for housing at One Sovereign Place apartments.  I also explained that the students (victims) were required to plan meals with the other people who shared the apartment with them as part of the program and to work on communication skills.  When my sister calls from the apartment, my caller ID shows up as a man named Andrew Volpe.  Did a little research on him and as it turns out he lives in Las Vagas, not in Georgia.  She got moved to another apartment and the caller ID on those calls comes from another person who is still employed at Naconon of Georgia whose name is Darrell Hall.

At least they are looking into it...will keep you posted.
Thank you for the update. If possible could you post a scan of the narCONon paperwork with all names redacted? I would be interested to see how the contract is worded for future reference so others do not fall for what I consider a scam.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:03 by ethercat »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Hi SomeonesSister,

Thanks for the update! Good job on getting that complaint in  \--O--/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:04 by ethercat »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Dear alias,

SomeonesSister's situation may deserve it's own thread in the Narconon section. Whaddya think?
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
This thread originated in the Patrick Desmond thread, but deserves its own so here it is.   :)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
mefree, alias sent me to do the "real work".   What a lazy bum, that alias.  ;)

This thread originated in the Patrick Desmond thread, but deserves its own so here it is.   :)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
mefree, alias sent me to do the "real work".   What a lazy bum, that alias.  ;)

Slacker! ;)
-Dalai Lama

Offline SomeonesSister

how do i post a picture? i have a copy of a check that my brother-in-law wrote to narconon of georgia for my sister to buy food.  hope to have copies of the checks my parents wrote to narconon of georgia for treatment and housing soon.  also, don't know how to post the check-in documents i have...they are blank.  they emailed a black copy directly to me.  oops on their part cause they didn't know who they were dealing with.  should i be scared of the scammers?  some of the stuff i have read on the internet makes me think i should.
one last thing for now...found out from my mom last night that i cannot be allowed to be around my niece alone as per my sister's instruction which i am sure came from narconon.  i do still get info from my mom about what is going on there which she gets from my sister.  oh, and by the way...my sister has been there for 18 days and still hasn't started the sauna.  they keep coming up with excuses, which i think is a good thing.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
how do i post a picture? i have a copy of a check that my brother-in-law wrote to narconon of georgia for my sister to buy food.  hope to have copies of the checks my parents wrote to narconon of georgia for treatment and housing soon.  also, don't know how to post the check-in documents i have...they are blank.  they emailed a black copy directly to me.  oops on their part cause they didn't know who they were dealing with.

Please see my PM.

should i be scared of the scammers?  some of the stuff i have read on the internet makes me think i should.

You may have read about scientology's revenge tactics; I think Narconon (even though it is scientology too) has to be more careful with that type of thing.  I have never heard of them (narconon) going after anyone before, not the way the "church" does.

one last thing for now...found out from my mom last night that i cannot be allowed to be around my niece alone as per my sister's instruction which i am sure came from narconon.

Sorry to hear about this - hopefully, this situation will be resolved when your sister leaves narconon.  At least you can still see your niece with someone else present, correct?  Perhaps they just don't want you to say anything that would alarm her about her mother's condition.  Have they explained to her where her mother is and why?

i do still get info from my mom about what is going on there which she gets from my sister.  oh, and by the way...my sister has been there for 18 days and still hasn't started the sauna.  they keep coming up with excuses, which i think is a good thing.

I'm glad your mom is keeping you informed.  I'm curious what the excuses are, if they are legitimate, or for some other reason. 

Just so you know, people have gotten off drugs/alcohol with Narconon - I believe it has more to do with the person's desire and resolve to quit than with the program though, and for people who really want to quit, any program would work.  Let's hope your sister is one of those people.   :)
   Narconon Reviews

• High Value Target
how do i post a picture? i have a copy of a check that my brother-in-law wrote to narconon of georgia for my sister to buy food.  hope to have copies of the checks my parents wrote to narconon of georgia for treatment and housing soon.  also, don't know how to post the check-in documents i have...they are blank.  they emailed a black copy directly to me.  oops on their part cause they didn't know who they were dealing with.  should i be scared of the scammers?  some of the stuff i have read on the internet makes me think i should.
one last thing for now...found out from my mom last night that i cannot be allowed to be around my niece alone as per my sister's instruction which i am sure came from narconon.  i do still get info from my mom about what is going on there which she gets from my sister.  oh, and by the way...my sister has been there for 18 days and still hasn't started the sauna.  they keep coming up with excuses, which i think is a good thing.
I would NOT post personal financial information I.E copies of checks on the internet. I think what many would like to see is the paperwork I.E the contract narCONon uses. If you have access to a scanner that can convert the paperwork to a PDF file tha would be great. A JPEG picture would work also.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:05 by ethercat »