Author Topic: Scientology, NOI, World Literacy Crusade, and Narconon  (Read 2047 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Scientology, NOI, World Literacy Crusade, and Narconon
« on: September 09, 2013, 17:05 »
=http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/09/scientology-and-nation-of-islam-education-hucksters-marching-on-sacramento/Scientology and Nation of Islam Education Hucksters Marching on Sacramento - The Underground Bunker
By Tony Ortega

....It was bad enough that the gravy train in Florida was ruined by Harwell and the Times. Now those meddling journalists at CNN and their big investigation about Medi-Cal drug rehab fraud in California are apparently messing with some other pipeline of easy money that the World Literacy Crusade was sucking dry.

According to its website, WLC offers drug rehab services modeled on Scientology’s drug rehab network, Narconon. But with California’s regulators suddenly freaking out over the CNN investigation, World Literacy Crusade’s vitamins-and-sauna racket has apparently suffered a loss in taxpayer money.

And that’s just a step too far! So Alfreddie and the gang are going up to Sacramento in a couple of vans on Tuesday to show the politicians there that they’re hopping mad and they’re not going to take it anymore!

Here, read about it yourself in this call to action. This message was first posted at the World Literacy Crusade’s Facebook page, and then it was re-posted by Alfreddie Johnson, who helpfully added some names in brackets…..

more at http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/09/scientology-and-nation-of-islam-education-hucksters-marching-on-sacramento/#more-9895
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Scientology, NOI, World Literacy Crusade, and Narconon
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 18:24 »
FELONY RAPS FOR SCIENTOLOGISTS RUNNING L.A. REHAB SCAM WITH CORRUPT EDUCATORS - The Underground Bunker
By Tony Ortega
—————-

State agency investigating Medi-Cal fraud raided drug rehab center in March 2014

—————-

Three Compton educators — including coach of legendary football program — fired for supplying students for fake claims

—————-

Notorious Scientology front World Literacy Crusade involved, director Hanan Islam charged

The Underground Bunker has learned that a California state agency has been investigating and methodically charging numerous Scientologists and others who were allegedly involved in a scam to defraud Medi-Cal with bogus claims at a drug rehab center in the working class Los Angeles suburb of Compton.

more at http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/17/felony-raps-for-scientologists-running-la-rehab-scam-with-corrupt-educators/#more-27356
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 22:03 »
Thank you, mefree! I shared your post on related threads.

World Literacy and AMEC has been on my radar for some time now. It's exciting to see that something if finally being done with these crooks.

After this, hopefully, Per Wickstrom is next!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 17:46 »
"On August 10, 2015, the IRS revoked the tax exempt status of the World Literacy Crusade for failing to submit tax forms for three consecutive years."

Could it be they didn't file because there's no way they could get a 990 to match their cooked books??

Sounds about right.

Tony's got a three-part series going on this topic now:

Compton scam rehab clinic definitely a Church of Scientology operation, witnesses say

Witness: Compton scam rehab was a special Scientology project — how high does it go?

Message for the 'gang' from the  dchoiceisalwaysrs over at Underground Bunker

Mary_McConnell • 3 days ago

Terrific news! Terrific article, Tony!! Best news in a long time on that 'front'! Hallelujah!

dchoiceisalwaysrs   > Mary_McConnell • 3 days ago

And a very big Thank you Mary_McConnell for all past and continuing diligent and compassionate work in this arena. I wonder if this would have ever come about if you and the 'gang' hadn't stepped up to the plate.

with great respect to you all.

•

Mary_McConnell  > dchoiceisalwaysrs • a few seconds ago

Wow....you're very welcome! And thank you, as well, for all you have done over the years to help! I'll make sure to share your sentiments the 'gang'!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 19:51 »
^^^^
Nice!
-Dalai Lama