Author Topic: Janet Reitman Goes Where No One Else Wants To: Inside Scientology - SF Weekly (blog)  (Read 643 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Janet Reitman Goes Where No One Else Wants To: Inside Scientology - SF Weekly (blog)
12 September 2011, 7:09 pm
By Alan Scherstuhl Mon., Sep. 12 2011 at 4:00 PM

As far as great and powerful wizards go, L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige, and other high-level thetan-counters at the Church of Scientology have at last reached the "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" phase.

​High-level defections, public embarrassments, and excellent journalism have exposed the church that the press once feared. It now seems less mighty, more controlling, and much weirder than had long been rumored. (This might be the first time that the New Yorker completed the knockout of a target that South Park softened up.)

Janet Reitman's book Inside Scientology provides the fairest, most thorough account of the church yet. Reitman, who speaks tomorrow night, traces Hubbard's big idea from conception to self-help manual to money-suck religion to purported evil empire to motivator of Tom Cruise's hyperactivity......

......Janet Reitman reads Tue., September 13 at 7:00pm at the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco. Admission is $17-$20.

more at http://blogs.sfweekly.com/exhibitionist/2011/09/_alan_scherstuhl_as_far.php
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 21:35 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.