Author Topic: A Scientology dating site? Really? - CBS News  (Read 1270 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
A Scientology dating site? Really? - CBS News
« on: September 28, 2011, 13:00 »
A Scientology dating site? Really? - CBS News
28 September 2011, 11:17 am

(CBS) - We're talking about Affinity Exchange, a dating site for spiritual singles. A sassy blogger at Jezebel wrote about it yesterday. You can imagine how our ears perked up upon reading the headline: "Scientology's Online Dating Destination." We just had to check it out for ourselves.

Photos: Bizarre dating sites you didn't know existed

Although the site is not overtly "for Scientologists," its "spiritual" nature suggests that it could be. "Use this spiritual matchmaking site to find your spiritual match. Use our spiritual chat or IM system to make spiritual, conscious connections with other singles in your local area or from around the world." So wait - we're not sure - is it spiritual?

Their mission? "For over 20 years, the Affinity Exchange matchmaking service has been helping people whose lives are dedicated to spiritual enhancement find one another and co-create together," says the site. "Our service is international and has resulted in hundreds of marriages!" Sign us up! (Kidding - kind of.)

Users can also indicate on their profile their choice of worship. On the list of selections: conscious/spiritual and Scientology.

Jezebel, which referred to Affinity Exchange as "an unofficial dating site for Scientologists," recalls back in 2003 when Australian newspaper The Advertiser reported a farmer paid the site, which has "ties to Scientology," $230,000 to find him love. But no, he didn't succeed.

more at http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20112774-501465.html
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 17:17 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.