Author Topic: The Andover of Scientology - The Atlantic Wire  (Read 674 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
The Andover of Scientology - The Atlantic Wire
« on: September 28, 2011, 21:01 »
The Andover of Scientology - The Atlantic Wire
28 September 2011, 5:46 pm

What's it like to go to an elite Scientology-affiliated boarding school? Short version: it's like Exeter or Andover except with all those odd-seeming cult of Scientology traditions lingering around. And it probably has a higher than normal rate of alumni who join "Sea Org, a Church of Scientology religious order that has been described by insiders as something approximating human slavery." There's that too. Over the past couple days the iPad only newspaper, The Daily, took an extended look at the school, Delphian, and managed to get administrators, students and alumni to talk. Said one graduate: "I came out of that place barely speaking English. I’d be at home, and I felt so different from everyone in the wog world." It appears "wog" is the term for the outside world. [The Daily - Part I, Part II]

more at http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/09/all-t-georgia-tech-costs-100000-andover-scientologists/43086/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 23:42 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.