Author Topic: Legal Complaint: Teague vs Narconon Freedom Center Michigan & A Forever Recovery  (Read 17256 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Another tragic Narconon case. This time the patient did not die but suffered serious, permanent and grievous injuries as a result of burns suffered while in the care of Narconon Freedom Center.28. That Plaintiff was in a delusional, paranoid state when he was severely and permanently burned on January 15, 2011

Here is a copy of the legal complaint filed in Calhoun County MI in May 2012 titled  Teague vs Narconon Freedom Center, A Forever Recovery, et al
http://www.scribd.com/doc/104939584

Plaintiff Mr. Teague thought he was going to Narconon Freedom Center but instead he was diverted over to Per Wickstrom's facility,  A Forever Recovery (AFR)  for 'detox' of abuse of prescribed medications and alcoholism. Soon was returned to Narconon Freedom Center, where he continued to suffer from severe withdrawal symptoms without any assistance by Narconon . This went on for a day or so until he decided he couldn't take it anymore, he seized an opportunity and ran away from the facility out into the winter cold without appropriate clothing, walking miles and trying to get away from Narconon staff sent to retrieve him as he tried to get real help. Eventually he knocked on someone's home and asked for help. He got to a hospital. He was then given morphine at the ER for the pain and released to his wife but later that day Narconon came to his home and convinced him to return.

While still in a state of deep withdrawal, Teague went back and was put in his room alone for 'withdrawal' and somehow during the evening set himself on fire with items that should not have ever been in his room - a lighter and cologne among other things. These items were there in his room most likely because someone had packed up his belongings earlier when he ran away, believing he was not going to return - though he did.

Teague has no real recollection of setting himself on fire, only that he was alone in his room and had been terrible pain and confusion.

This is a negligence complaint against Narconon Freedom Center and A Forever Recovery. TIA Corp is no longer a party to the case.

Plaintiff is represented by

Jeffrey P. Ray, Esq.( MI Bar #P31098)
JEFFREY P. RAY, P.C.
2500 Lake Lansing Road, Suite A
Lansing, MI 48912
(517) 372-5700
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-ray/16/b32/0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 20:20 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
While still in a state of deep withdrawal, Teague went back and was put in his room alone for 'withdrawal' and somehow during the evening set himself on fire with items that should not have ever been in his room - a lighter and cologne among other things. These items were there in his room most likely because someone had packed up his belongings earlier when he ran away, believing he was not going to return - though he did.

Teague has no real recollection of setting himself on fire, only that he was alone in his room and had been terrible pain and confusion.

Mr. Teague may have been experiencing DT's. Poor guy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001771/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Is the Employee Identification Number (EIN) for NN Freedom Center listed anywhere in the filings? If not, could someone in contact with Mr. Ray suggest he obtain it. Will be VERY helpful in peeling back the 'onion' of these intertwined Michigan rehab facilities.

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Is the Employee Identification Number (EIN) for NN Freedom Center listed anywhere in the filings? If not, could someone in contact with Mr. Ray suggest he obtain it. Will be VERY helpful in peeling back the 'onion' of these intertwined Michigan rehab facilities.

This facility NEVER filed a 990 form, ever.
http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/PubApps/search.php

I bet they never applied for non-profit status. Eric Tenorio is long since gone after covering for Per Wickstrom during his legal shenanagans and divorce with Kate Wickstrom.

They are 1-2 years behind in filing with MI state.

I bet the IRS would love to know about all this and those dox at MI state
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/results.asp?ID=70407Y&page_name=corp
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
"YouSeeNothing" and I have been digging into the Michigan 'tar baby' for a while now over on WWP. And we found there was a NN Freedom Center Form 990 filed back in 2008 as 'Initial', exempt status 'Application Pending' for the period 07/16/2008 - 12/31/2008 using EIN 26-2990691. It can be seen at: http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/262/262990691/262990691_200812_990EZ.pdf

The problem is, there's been nothing directly from NN Freedom Center since. In 2010 there was a "Grant", to use the term loosely, from NN International to NN Freedom Center EIN: 26-2990691 for $63,432. It can be seen on page 26 of 37 of the NN Int 990 pdf at http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/952/952769582/952769582_201012_990.pdf

So either NN Freedom Centers 'exempt' status filed in 2008 was approved, then terminated for some reason after 2010. Or NN International wrote off a $63k 'Grant' to an organization not eligable to receive it. The problem is, EIN 26-2990691 hasn't showed up anywhere else we can find. And believe me, we've looked.

Which is why we are desperately trying to find out what EIN NN Freedom Center is currently using. Even if they aren't currently 'exempt', being a corporation with employees that pay income tax, they have to have one.

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
"YouSeeNothing" and I have been digging into the Michigan 'tar baby' for a while now over on WWP. And we found there was a NN Freedom Center Form 990 filed back in 2008 as 'Initial', exempt status 'Application Pending' for the period 07/16/2008 - 12/31/2008 using EIN 26-2990691. It can be seen at: http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/262/262990691/262990691_200812_990EZ.pdf

The problem is, there's been nothing directly from NN Freedom Center since. In 2010 there was a "Grant", to use the term loosely, from NN International to NN Freedom Center EIN: 26-2990691 for $63,432. It can be seen on page 26 of 37 of the NN Int 990 pdf at http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/952/952769582/952769582_201012_990.pdf

So either NN Freedom Centers 'exempt' status filed in 2008 was approved, then terminated for some reason after 2010. Or NN International wrote off a $63k 'Grant' to an organization not eligable to receive it. The problem is, EIN 26-2990691 hasn't showed up anywhere else we can find. And believe me, we've looked.

Which is why we are desperately trying to find out what EIN NN Freedom Center is currently using. Even if they aren't currently 'exempt', being a corporation with employees that pay income tax, they have to have one.

I'm glad you guys found an initial 990 return but because it says 'pending application' and there are no others to be found and they are not listed in the IRS charity database, they probably were denied tax-exempt status.
They are probably a profit making company and have to pay taxes. Narconon Stone Hawk was busted previously and found to be a profit making entity because of personal inurement - excessive salaries and rental payments to Per and Kate Wickstrom and their ( her former) company TIA Corp.

You can read about what was going on at Stone Hawk here:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/StoneHawk/Kate_Wickstrom/

So Narconon Freedom Center is not listed, neither is the EIN, so that means their application wasn't approved yet. It was pending. So they were allowed to function under the group ID until approval or not. NN Int would be the responsible entity during this time - as happened with Narconon Joshua Hills - now closed)
http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Exempt-Organizations-Select-Check

Re page 26 NN Int 990, some references: 

"Lines 1 and 2. On line 1, indicate “Yes” or “No” regarding whether the organization maintains records to substantiate amounts, eligibility, and selection criteria used for grants. In general terms, describe how the organization monitors its grants to ensure that such grants are used for proper purposes and are not otherwise diverted from the intended use. For example, the organization can describe the periodic reports required or field investigations conducted. Use Part IV for the organization’s narrative response to line 2. "

see exceptions
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f990si--dft.pdf

Once an organization gets an EIN, it doesn't change when their type of org changes. Whether they are non-profit or profit, they would have the same EIN. It just means that donations to them are not tax deductible. They can still be in business. Stone Hawk is still open as a corporation because they are still enmeshed in debt and contracts but it is no longer listed as non-profit. It still has the same EIN but they are now considered a profit making company instead of non-profit.

Why don't you just write or call the IRS tax exempt division? 877-829-5500 ?

Just call and give the EIN and group number and explain that they filed an initial return and had an application pending per their 2008 form 990 return
and they are not listed anywhere in the IRS tax exempt charity database but they are still in business. Are they a charity or not? What was the state of the ruling? How many 990s did they file?

You could also ask about the grant to them on NN Int on page 26. Keep in mind that the 990 was filed on Nov 23, 2009  and that getting a grant in 2010 could have happened before NNFC's application was denied, thereby making the grant OK ( as they were under NN Int Group number at that time if that is the case.)
http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/952/952769582/952769582_201012_990.pdf

Ask to speak with a supervisor if you can't get your questions answered. Keep in mind that if NN FC is a pivate entity now, they cannot divulge info about EINs and such. Only the nonprofit and even that is limited by law to what's in the 990 forms.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Interesting, I just noticed on the first page of the NN Int 2010 Fm 990 H(a) say 'Yes' for being a group return, but H(b) is blank instead of saying Y or N, and the Group Exemption Number in H(c) is blank when it should be 2595 for NN Int and it's subordinate organizations.

Guess I'll try giving the IRS a call during my lunch break.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Interesting, I just noticed on the first page of the NN Int 2010 Fm 990 H(a) say 'Yes' for being a group return, but H(b) is blank instead of saying Y or N, and the Group Exemption Number in H(c) is blank when it should be 2595 for NN Int and it's subordinate organizations.

Guess I'll try giving the IRS a call during my lunch break.

They are not part of a group. Narconon International ( formerly just Narconon) is the group to which the IRS allows others to belong under. NN Iat is not a subsidiary, so it would not have to be listed. Only subsidiary entities have to note the group number etc. The whole group number thing has to do with getting exemption status under Narconon's initial filing for tax exempt status. Like a franchise, NN Int is the big kahuna for application purposes and then the little separate entities using the name Narconon file using that group exemption letter . 
http://www.scribd.com/doc/105008360

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Mr. Teague may have been experiencing DT's. Poor guy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001771/

Maybe, along with the Benzodiazeprine withdawal. They had given him a shot of morphine at the ER the day before which probably knocked what little tolerance he'd built up in his previous 7 day non-medical Narconon style 'detox' .

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Yes, benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal are good candidates for a medically supervised detox.
http://sketchymedicine.com/2012/01/alcohol-and-benzodiazepine-withdrawal/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Yes, benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal are good candidates for a medically supervised detox.
http://sketchymedicine.com/2012/01/alcohol-and-benzodiazepine-withdrawal/

Yes. Narconon promised he's be fine in their detox program but then sent him to A forever Recovery, probably because their detox was full. Both are not licensed to provide medical detox.

I guess I should make it clear for the lurkers that Teague went to Narconon because he became dependent on Klonopin (Clonazepam) (used to treat his Panic Attacks ) and was increasingly abusing alcohol while on it.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000635/

I'm not even sure he saw a doctor befor going into 'detox'.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I can't believe Narconon is still allowed to operate. How many people must be hurt before this madness is shut down?

-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
They are not part of a group. Narconon International (formerly just Narconon) is the group to which the IRS allows others to belong under. NN Iat is not a subsidiary, so it would not have to be listed. Only subsidiary entities have to note the group number etc.

Not exactly. Narconon Int is the Central or Parent organization to the group of Subordinate organizations covered by the Group Exemption Letter, which was assigned the Group Exemption Number 2595. If their Form 990 is only for themselves, then field H(a) should be checked 'No', and the GEN doesn't have to be entered. If H(a) is 'Yes', the 990 is also for subordinate organizations then the GEN is entered so the IRS will know which group of subordinate organizations to look at. Subordinate organizations always have to include the GEN.

I dumped the IRS Select Check Exempt Organization by Area (EOA) databases (a bit under 500MB of data) and pulled a sample of Narconons from it (minus the data between the 'Affiliate' code and 'DBA' name that's not relevent to this discussion). The basic format is:

EIN, Organization Name, Address, GEN, SubCode, Affiliate Code, NTEE (if used), DBA Name
The explanations of the codes follows the list.

Central/Parent Organization to GEN 2595:
952769582 NARCONON INT 4652 HOLLYWD BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408 2595 03 6 F20

Subordinate Organizations to GEN 2595:
954853440 NARCONON INT 13850 GRABER AVE SYLMAR CA 91342-2622 2595 03 9 NARCONON DRUG PREVENTION & EDUCATI
954536141 NARCONON INT 622 E VILLA ST PASADENA CA 91101-1120 2595 03 9 FRIENDS OF NARCONON
770275827 NARCONON INT 262 GAFFEY RD WATSONVILLE CA 95076-9731 2595 03 9 NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
731690918 NARCONON INT 611 S FT HARISN AVE CLEARWATER FL 33756-5301 2595 03 9 NARCONON EASTERN UNITED STATES
731589280 NARCONON INT 69 ARROWHEAD LOOP CANADIAN OK 74425-5012 2595 03 9 NARCONON OF OKLAHOMA
651238009 NARCONON INT 225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE CA 91204-1331 2595 03 9 F20 NARCONON WESTERN UNITED STATES
593035096 NARCONON INT 22073 US HIGHWAY 19 N CLEARWATER FL 33765-2364 2595 03 9 NARCONON FLORIDA
550828683 NARCONON INT 4652 HOLLYWOOD BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408 2595 03 9 F20 NARCONON OF WEST HOLLYWOOD
421534941 NARCONON INT 5688 PEACHTREE PKWY NORCROSS GA 30092-2848 2595 03 9 NARCONON OF GEORGIA
330911677 NARCONON INT 225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE CA 91204-1331 2595 03 9 NARCONON FRESH START
042606410 NARCONON INT 76 WINN ST STE 2C WOBURN MA 01801-2868 2595 03 9 F20 NARCONON BOSTON

Independent Organizations:
743193939 NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS PO BOX 13075 PALM DESERT CA 92255-3075 0000 03 3 F22
204122923 NARCONON LOUISIANA NEW LIFE RETREAT 35059 BEND RD DENHAM SPGS LA 70706-0655 0000 03 3 F22 NARCONON LOUISIANA

Group Exemption Number:
2595 - Narconon International and subordinate Narconon's Group Exemption Number
0000 - Organization is not part of a group exemption, e.g., Narconon Joshua Hills.
Licensed by Narconon Int, but (on paper anyway) not controlled by it.

SubSection:
03 - Charitable Organizations

Affiliate:
6 - Central - This code is used if the organization is a parent of a group ruling. In this case EIN 952769582
9 - Subordinate - This code is used if the organization is a subordinate in a group ruling.
3 - Independent - This code is used if the organization is an independent organization or auxiliary
(i.e., not affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of organizations).

National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities - Core Codes (NTEE-CC):
F - Mental Health & Crisis Intervention
Alchohol/Substance Abuse
F20 - Substance Abuse Dependency, Prevention & Treatment
F21 - Substance Abuse Prevention
F22 - Substance Abuse Treatment

I find it funny Narconon falls under 'Mental Health' NTEE codes.
BigBeard

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Just got off the phone with the IRS (finally!), and Narconon Freedom Center, Inc. EIN: 26-2990691 is NOT repeat NOT a Federal 501(c)3 "Exempt" organization. Apparently, based on the Michigan LARA system, they ARE a state level "Non-profit" organization. And they are not covered by the NN Int Group Exemption (GEN: 2595).

According to the lady at the IRS the "Non-profit" terminology is used at the state level, and "Exempt" is used by the Feds.

The question is, did they use that 2008 "Initial"/"Application Pending" Form 990 as the basis for getting state level non-profit status from Michigan?? If they did, someone with standing in Michigan may want to question that status.

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Just got off the phone with the IRS (finally!), and Narconon Freedom Center, Inc. EIN: 26-2990691 is NOT repeat NOT a Federal 501(c)3 "Exempt" organization. Apparently, based on the Michigan LARA system, they ARE a state level "Non-profit" organization. And they are not covered by the NN Int Group Exemption (GEN: 2595).

According to the lady at the IRS the "Non-profit" terminology is used at the state level, and "Exempt" is used by the Feds.

The question is, did they use that 2008 "Initial"/"Application Pending" Form 990 as the basis for getting state level non-profit status from Michigan?? If they did, someone with standing in Michigan may want to question that status.

Good work! OK is like this, too, with PITA Group. IRS says as long as they make under $5k a year, and their state allows them to file as Non-profit- they don't have to file a tax return. I suspect PITA ( McGregor's company) files as a regular corp or he files the income as a dba self employed.

Per Wickstrom ( using other people like PAmela Anderson's husband and their attorney Toth) filed their uinlicensed Tranquility Detox in MI under the same Non-profit status. Bet the IRS doesn't have any entity by that name registered as 501 (c) 3 exempt, as well.

I would think that maybe you could get all the Narconon's investigated for being profit making companies based upon NN Freedom Center's not filing as 501 (c) 3 . I believe Narconon Stone Hawk Lost it's 501 (c) 3 status because of the Wickstrom's benefitting personally ( private inurement )

http://www.federaltaxissues.com/0300_private/0310_private_principles.php

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
All I know about Stone Hawk is their last 990 had "Termination" checked, which sounds like a voluntary ending. And I think LARA showed it as being more or less voluntarily disolved. I haven't been following the Michigan mess that closely, but I was under the impression NN Stone Hawk going away had more to do with money issues between NN SH and NN Int than with the IRS. By dropping NN and going independent as 'A Forever Recovery' Per keeps more of the money for himself.

Is this the 'Tranquility Detox' you mentioned:

452137035 TRANQUILITY DETOX INC % STEPHAN ANDERSON 10466 WILDWOOD DR RICHLAND MI 49083-0000 0000 03 3 2 201205 F20

If so, the IRS is aware of them.

BigBeard

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
Pam Anderson is Per's sister.

Stone Hawk stopped doing business because Per and Kate are criminals.  They had millions of dollars of debt, couldnt borrow another dime from leasing companies, CC companies, banks etc.   Vendor were cutting them off and calling a hundred times a day for payment.  No food was being delievered.  The electric company came to shut the power off with 90 plus students in the building, they werent paying taxes and the IRS came to seize assets.  Leasing companies that they borrowed money from were coming to claim the assets.  They did this with several companies and put the same collateral up.  Not sure if you get this but thats fraud.  Kate was suing everyone after quitting and then would not sign over control making it virtually impossible for them to do anything.  Per was asked to resign and did so then sabotaged the internet sites that brought all the money in.  There's much more to the story.  Check out vince daniels.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 22:57 by BMF »
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline mefree

• High Value Target

Stone Hawk stopped doing business because Per and Kate are criminals.  They had millions of dollars of debt, couldnt borrow another dime from leasing companies, CC companies, banks etc.   Vendor were cutting them off and calling a hundred times a day for payment.  No food was being delievered.  The electric company came to shut the power off with 90 plus students in the building, they werent paying taxes and the IRS came to seize assets.  Leasing companies that they borrowed money from were coming to claim the assets.  They did this with several companies and put the same collateral up.  Not sure if you get this but thats fraud.  Kate was suing everyone after quitting and then would not sign over control making it virtually impossible for them to do anything.  Per was asked to resign and did so then sabotaged the internet sites that brought all the money in.  There's much more to the story.

I hope that IRS and the FBI are talking to each other. 
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Stone Hawk stopped doing business because Per and Kate are criminals.  They had millions of dollars of debt, couldnt borrow another dime from leasing companies, CC companies, banks etc.   Vendor were cutting them off and calling a hundred times a day for payment.  No food was being delievered.  The electric company came to shut the power off with 90 plus students in the building, they werent paying taxes and the IRS came to seize assets.  Leasing companies that they borrowed money from were coming to claim the assets.  They did this with several companies and put the same collateral up.  Not sure if you get this but thats fraud.  Kate was suing everyone after quitting and then would not sign over control making it virtually impossible for them to do anything.  Per was asked to resign and did so then sabotaged the internet sites that brought all the money in.  There's much more to the story.
Interesting that Pam is his sister. Never thought to look into that. Thanks!

Have you actually read Kate's lawsuits against Per and Narconon Int, TIA corp et al? Give quite a different story about why she sued.

I've known and written about all the debt and problems and complaints from when they ran the place together, as well as all the documents about the set up of A Forever Recovery, etc before, during and after she sued and Stone Hawk closed down. I'm not saying Kate is an angel but it certainly appears to me that she was being ripped off according to their agreements and Narconon Int went into collusion with Per to try and get her from getting any of the money and items they settled upon per their divorce and other related agreements in distributing the assets. That she figured ot what Per and NN Int were doing and sued to protect herself is understandable.

That people suffered because of their greed is not justifiable but their greed was condoned by Narconon Int and allowed to go one for years. The Wickstroms violated the IRS agreement to not benefit personally, by taking large salaries and rents via TIA CORP and not paying bills, state taxes or lawsuit settlements. When the IRS caught wind of what was going on, not paying payroll taxes in, and that Per was sheltering the assets from the IRS and though TIA Corp, they were investigated. By then, however, AFR was started, then Narconon Freedom Center, and  the Wickstroms case settled. 

The only other lawsuits I know that Kate was involved in was regarding SugarLoaf, a venture she was involved in before Narconon Stone Hawk, that she lost a lot of money on because of bad business decisions made with bad partners.

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
I have originals:)  She wasnt being ripped off at all.  She was being reported on for falsifying stats and not paying bills and made up the shit about Int forcing Scn on her.  They actually never did that.  She quit.  Her and Per were the only check signers and she held the check book.  There actually were no assests to split up.  They owed more than the places were worth and all the equipment was held as collateral by several different leasing companies for loans they took out.  Its fraud actually.  She got about $750,000 cash and lots more as OSA didnt want to have the Church involved in court.  NN Int went so far as to set up Narconon of Michigan to pay her so it wouldnt look like the money came from them.  They borrowed around 350k from Arrowhead and she took the rest in payments I believe.

Interesting that Pam is his sister. Never thought to look into that. Thanks!

Have you actually read Kate's lawsuits against Per and Narconon Int, TIA corp et al? Give quite a different story about why she sued.

I've known and written about all the debt and problems and complaints from when they ran the place together, as well as all the documents about the set up of A Forever Recovery, etc before, during and after she sued and Stone Hawk closed down. I'm not saying Kate is an angel but it certainly appears to me that she was being ripped off according to their agreements and Narconon Int went into collusion with Per to try and get her from getting any of the money and items they settled upon per their divorce and other related agreements in distributing the assets. That she figured ot what Per and NN Int were doing and sued to protect herself is understandable.

That people suffered because of their greed is not justifiable but their greed was condoned by Narconon Int and allowed to go one for years. The Wickstroms violated the IRS agreement to not benefit personally, by taking large salaries and rents via TIA CORP and not paying bills, state taxes or lawsuit settlements. When the IRS caught wind of what was going on, not paying payroll taxes in, and that Per was sheltering the assets from the IRS and though TIA Corp, they were investigated. By then, however, AFR was started, then Narconon Freedom Center, and  the Wickstroms case settled. 

The only other lawsuits I know that Kate was involved in was regarding SugarLoaf, a venture she was involved in before Narconon Stone Hawk, that she lost a lot of money on because of bad business decisions made with bad partners.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 22:58 by BMF »
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss