Author Topic: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology  (Read 32593 times)

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
I mentioned this on one of the year-end posts at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker, but figured I'd announce it here.  I've been working on a new book, entitled "Have You Told All?" ( http://www.haveyoutoldall.com ) about my time inside Narconon and Scientology and all of the interrelated activities I was involved with for 12 years spanning from Clearwater to Los Angeles and many other places around the country like Georgia, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., Michigan, Oklahoma, Kansas and more.

There are many, many details that continue to come to light for me as being significant and I am trying to put them together into something that will be valuable to others in terms of insight to the overall scam.  A lot of it will be about the day-to-day connection between Narconon and Scientology that, while many of us widely promote, has still gone fairly unidentified in the general public's eye because of repeated denials by Narconon and Scientology individually.  I mean orders taken, people schmoozed (government and media, etc.), confidentiality rights compromised by Narconon and church executives, fraud, big $, celebrity involvement and much more.

It is very much a work in progress, and I hope to finish by March.  There is just so much.  As I go I'll look to post snippets on this thread.  I'd appreciate any stories, information or specific connections that you feel might be more beneficial.  It also helps unlock some of the memories of things as I go along.

Thanks for everything you guys and gals do here,

Luke
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 20:14 by CoolHand »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Re: Have You Told All?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 14:41 »
This sounds great Lucas. Looking forward to the snippets and discussions.

• Happy New Year!
  • :^:^:^:E

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 17:18 »
I saw that on Tony's blog and hoped you would post here. Fantastic news!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Re: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 23:07 »
Thanks snippy and mefree, and Happy New Year as well!  2013 is definitely going to be interesting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 20:15 by CoolHand »

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57 »
I mentioned this on one of the year-end posts at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker, but figured I'd announce it here.  I've been working on a new book, entitled "Have You Told All?" ( http://www.haveyoutoldall.com ) about my time inside Narconon and Scientology and all of the interrelated activities I was involved with for 12 years spanning from Clearwater to Los Angeles and many other places around the country like Georgia, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., Michigan, Oklahoma, Kansas and more.

There are many, many details that continue to come to light for me as being significant and I am trying to put them together into something that will be valuable to others in terms of insight to the overall scam.  A lot of it will be about the day-to-day connection between Narconon and Scientology that, while many of us widely promote, has still gone fairly unidentified in the general public's eye because of repeated denials by Narconon and Scientology individually.  I mean orders taken, people schmoozed (government and media, etc.), confidentiality rights compromised by Narconon and church executives, fraud, big $, celebrity involvement and much more.

It is very much a work in progress, and I hope to finish by March.  There is just so much.  As I go I'll look to post snippets on this thread.  I'd appreciate any stories, information or specific connections that you feel might be more beneficial.  It also helps unlock some of the memories of things as I go along.

Thanks for everything you guys and gals do here,

Luke
Fantastic announcement CL. |\/|8-P

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 13:49 »
Good on you!
Hoping for a good read (snippets here ooo} and eventually the book |\/|8-P).
Getting it all out will hopefully be cathartic for you, and I am sure will make scn and nn quite uncomfortable.  :-thanks-:

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 14:37 »
Cathartic, yes.  Especially since I used to do so much writing FOR Narconon.  In fact, I just got emailed a New Year's article that I wrote for Arrowhead back in December of '05 (as seen here: http://www.i-newswire.com/a-new-year-s-resolution-to-stop/a52938) that they are still using and sending seven years later.  I'm such an awful person that they still use my work.  Hmmm.....Correction I initially wrote it in Dec 2004 - eight years ago, as I found other online examples dated back then.

I'm also getting some behind-the-scenes information from other Narconon people that are helping with the revelation process of the book.  It should be very eye-opening.

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 14:47 »
Cathartic, yes.  Especially since I used to do so much writing FOR Narconon.  In fact, I just got emailed a New Year's article that I wrote for Arrowhead back in December of '05 (as seen here: http://www.i-newswire.com/a-new-year-s-resolution-to-stop/a52938) that they are still using and sending seven years later.  I'm such an awful person that they still use my work.  Hmmm.....Correction I initially wrote it in Dec 2004 - eight years ago, as I found other online examples dated back then.

I'm also getting some behind-the-scenes information from other Narconon people that are helping with the revelation process of the book.  It should be very eye-opening.

I plead the fifth.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 15:35 »
Fifth of what? If it's the good stuff I want a shot!

BigBeard

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 17:06 »
Fifth of what? If it's the good stuff I want a shot!

Deal!
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 08:33 »
Keep it coming, Luke and friends!!

2013 is already a very exciting year. The year of many revelations and books on Scientology and Narconon!!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 16:25 »
Ok, here is a tiny pre-editing tidbit from one of the many stories relating Tom Cruise to Narconon Arrowhead:

"During this time Gary Smith got a call from Celebrity Centre International to fly immediately to New York City.  Tom Cruise was filming War of the Worlds near there and wanted Gary to come along and help talk about Narconon to someone on the set.  Since JT Daily was the Director of Drug Education for Arrowhead at the time and was in New York already, Gary mentioned having him be present as well.  Gary and JT were picked up by a helicopter in NYC and brought to the set, where they met with Tom in a private trailer and spoke with him and the other person in secrecy.  Both Gary and JT were forced to sign bonded agreements to not identify who they were meeting with.  Looking back, this is very ironic since the church repeatedly violated the confidentiality of Narconon clients, but I guess whatever Tom Cruise wants, the church delivers."

As I continue writing, I am continually reminded of things like this and so much more.  This isn't even close to the juicy stuff, in my opinion, just a little-known fact.

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 21:14 »
What I found interesting about your story is less that Tom Cruise thinks the world revolves around him, and the cult is happy to play to that delusion, than the extremely subservient  behaviour by high-ranking NN staff towards CoB's li'l buddy! But NarCONon is only a distant relation of the church, eh? :-D^\^\

I am really looking forward to reading your book when it is finished, so I'll pass along the advice given by SF master Robert Heinlein to a young writer: apply butt to chair - and write! (Or type, for us post-computer-revolution generationals...)

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 09:47 »
Yes, the delusion runs deep.  Here is another peek:

"Following the meeting of the Science Advisory Board at Arrowhead in early 2002, one of the first orders of importance to really bring Narconon to the forefront of the drug rehabilitation field in the 21st century was to have an updated, formalized outcome study completed of the program results.  After all, it was widely known internally that the 76% success rate Narconon claimed was bullshit.  In fact, at one point even the retention rate of Arrowhead fell below 50%, meaning that more than half the people who enrolled in the program left without completing it.  There was a whole series of steps written up to improve the retention rate and technical delivery before any outcome study would have even been considered.

"Rena Weinberg and Clark Carr were keen on getting Thomas McLellan to be the lead author of the Narconon outcome study.  They wanted something that was legitimate and wanted to get the best.  McLellan is a well-known psychologist in the addiction field and is the founder of the Treatment Research Institute as well as the person who created the Addiction Severity Index (ASI).  The ASI is an industry standard tool for assessment used in the treatment field.  While there was a lot of talk about McLellan and there was some initial discussion with him, he ultimately backed out because he didn't want to be associated with Narconon.  Turns out he made other good career moves, as he was appointed to be the Deputy Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) years later under the Obama Administration.

"To this date, a formal outcome study has still never been done on the Narconon program at any center, and they continue to lie about their success rate.  Narconon, ABLE and the church of Scientology are fully aware that the program doesn't get the results they claim, and are thus committing fraud daily."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 20:16 by CoolHand »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 10:14 »
McLellan is amazing! I just posted a link to his keynote address at the NZ Drug conference here somewhere. Here it is again below. Real scientists clue in their bs pretty quick. It's kind of sad/funny that Narconon even considered snowing McLellan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofJ8Zpk1J8M

Interesting about their discussions behind the scenes about their success rate. How do they sleep at night.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 10:24 »
Wow... your book is going cause lots of waves!!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:23 »
Wow... your book is going cause lots of waves!!
Should make for some fine surfing! ;D

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 11:46 »
What I found interesting about your story is less that Tom Cruise thinks the world revolves around him, and the cult is happy to play to that delusion, than the extremely subservient  behaviour by high-ranking NN staff towards CoB's li'l buddy! But NarCONon is only a distant relation of the church, eh? :-D^\^\

I am really looking forward to reading your book when it is finished, so I'll pass along the advice given by SF master Robert Heinlein to a young writer: apply butt to chair - and write! (Or type, for us post-computer-revolution generationals...)

'til next time;
wynot

Yes, wynot, that is the most common theme throughout - just exactly how involved Scientology really is when it comes to running Narconon, including many specific examples of giving orders directly from various church organizations affecting Narconon management, promotion and program delivery.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 20:16 by CoolHand »