Author Topic: Why would A Forever Recovery owner be buying bars?  (Read 4170 times)

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
Why would A Forever Recovery owner be buying bars?
« on: January 02, 2014, 09:06 »
In the latest blog by Miss Fortune, she keeps referring to the current debacle involving the OnDeck sports bar located in Battle Creek, Michigan as well as an investor named Stephen Anderson.

http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2014/01/accountability-transparency.html

Is this the same Stephen Anderson that is an owner of A Forever Recovery, also located in Battle Creek?

If so, it is a rather disturbing idea that someone who owns a rehab is also buying up bars.  Granted, business is business, but I can't imagine anyone who is involved in the recovery business would think it a good idea.

If you are a rehab owner who allows your staff to get drunk and you also own a bar, does this mean that the staff is welcomed to get drunk in your bar as well.  I could go a bit crazy thinking of all the weirdness that happens down in Michigan.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Why would A Forever Recovery owner be buying bars?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 12:45 »
Thanks. I saw that. I have been so busy. I'm glad you were able to post about it.

Stephen is supposedly no longer with AFR but I will have to check the corporate status. I think he's with one of Per's other facilities... or that may be his grandfather Douglas Wickstrom?  I can't keep up with all the shenanigans!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 14:09 »
It wouldnt surprise me if they had connections in the local drug trade as well.  They already control a doctor or two, might as well get some dealers in line also. 
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 15:43 »
Stephen Anderson is still the treasurer. No changes of officers in the corp. Only registered agent changed in Aug 2013.

Here is the last report with his name on it, 2012.
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=WEB&FILE_NAME=D201202\2012058\E0954814.tif

2013 report states no changed to board. No names are listed
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 19:06 »
In the latest blog by Miss Fortune, she keeps referring to the current debacle involving the OnDeck sports bar located in Battle Creek, Michigan as well as an investor named Stephen Anderson.

http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2014/01/accountability-transparency.html

Is this the same Stephen Anderson that is an owner of A Forever Recovery, also located in Battle Creek?

If so, it is a rather disturbing idea that someone who owns a rehab is also buying up bars.  Granted, business is business, but I can't imagine anyone who is involved in the recovery business would think it a good idea.

If you are a rehab owner who allows your staff to get drunk and you also own a bar, does this mean that the staff is welcomed to get drunk in your bar as well.  I could go a bit crazy thinking of all the weirdness that happens down in Michigan.

Very disturbing, source.

IIRC, Pam Anderson is Per's sister. Stephen Per Anderson is his nephew, correct?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 21:00 »
Yes, mefree.

Offline Suppressive Person

• Met Xenu
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 07:06 »
Took me awhile to get the connection, but here it is.  Miss Fortune's  June 13th blog post:

http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2013/06/is-battle-creek-chiropractor-robert.html

Although this is not a direct connection to AFR, ever notice if you uncover a suspicious, shady, dishonest, or downright illegal business practice in Battle Creek - the Wickstrom family ( or their footprint) is usually there?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:37 by Suppressive Person »
When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
-- Mark Twain

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:14 »
Stephen Anderson was an investor in the first go-round when the bar opened in April and closed a few weeks later.

He filed suit to get his reported $150,000 investment returned, and recently arrived at a confidential, out-of-court settlement with his partners Robert Buckhannon and Kelly Demoss.

Demoss signed an agreement in October for a $456,000 "hard money" mortgage on the business, likely using some of the money to pay Anderson off.

And what happened to the bar, you say?

It was destroyed by fire in the early morning hours of December 30. The police are investigating and the bar's Facebook page...has disappeared.

Hmm?
Took me awhile to get the connection, but here it is.  Miss Fortune's  June 13th blog post:

http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2013/06/is-battle-creek-chiropractor-robert.html

Although this is not a direct connection to AFR, ever notice if you uncover a suspicious, shady, dishonest, or downright illegal business practice in Battle Creek - the Wickstrom family ( or their footprint) is usually there?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 16:47 »
^^^
Wow! A police investigation certainly seems to be in order. Glad that is happening.

Thanks to everyone who contributed ITT.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Suppressive Person

• Met Xenu
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 06:52 »
10-1 the fire was deliberately set for the insurance pay out.

Had a similar incident with a bar where I live years ago.  The bar moved to a new renovated site and burned down before it ever fully reopened again. ( In December - presumably a factor in insurance coverage for that current year, before the next premium was due.)

Post investigation of the cause of the fire -- the owners were arrested and jailed for insurance fraud.
When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
-- Mark Twain

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 09:14 »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47 »
Edit
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:08 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama