Author Topic: Narconon Deaths  (Read 111988 times)

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Re: Narconon Deaths
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21 »
Ive never heard of the names they mentioned except for Greg Wisner.  His is a truly sad case.  Disconnection and lack of real therapy killed this kid in my opinion.  He was a great kid.  RIP Greg
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2013, 14:09 »
Disconnection and lack of real therapy killed this kid in my opinion.  He was a great kid.  RIP Greg

Ditto

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2013, 16:28 »
i got a couple of people who have overdosed after leaving narconon and to my knowledge they graduated except for the first one ill list,he was too hard for narconon to handle so they booted him
nate huff
levi jackson
duran purino
they are all on Facebook except for nate RIP guys

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2013, 17:14 »
I knew Levi also.  Damn, RIP guys.  We are here to handle this shit so it doesnt continue.  Tick tock NarCONon.  Tick Tock.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2013, 17:22 »
i got a couple of people who have overdosed after leaving narconon and to my knowledge they graduated except for the first one ill list,he was too hard for narconon to handle so they booted him
nate huff
levi jackson
duran purino
they are all on Facebook except for nate RIP guys

Thanks.. I knew about Levi's passingfrom the Narconon alumni facebook. I though someone posted that he died in a car accident. I'll have to go back and check.

Update: Sorry, it appears he may have OD'd or died from hypothermia. Here is an early article about his body being found...
http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=843593#.UquJ4yf1AZM
http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=843593#.UquJ4yf1AZM

Meantime, condolences to the friends and family of these 3 young men:

Nate HUFF
Nate HUFF
Obituary

HUFF

Nate, Beloved son of Charles and Carolyn (nee O'Banion) Huff. Loving brother of Jessica Huff, George Milchev and Jenna Huff. Dear uncle of Kyheem Johnson. Passed away suddenly June 6, 2012 at age 18. Family will receive friends on Sunday June 10, 2012 from 1:00pm until time of service at 2:30pm at Shorten and Ryan Funeral Home, 400 Reading Rd., Mason, Ohio 45040. In lieu of flowers please make donations to The Nate Huff Memorial Fund, used to assist other teenagers struggling with addiction c/o any Fifth Third Bank.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?pid=157965310

Timothy Levi Jackson

Timothy Levi Jackson
(August 9, 1991 - January 3, 2013)

Timothy Levi Jackson

Timothy Levi Jackson, AKA “Fast Eddie”, age 21 of Kalkaska died Thursday, January 3, 2013. Levi was born on August 9, 1991 in Traverse City, MI. to Tim and Nancy (Scott) Jackson. He attended school in Kalkaska as well as Elk Rapids and in Louisiana for a short period of time. He received his GED in June of 2010.

Levi was a very outgoing and humorous person, a self-proclaimed entrepreneur, who had a great sense of humor, was very generous and kind hearted, and loved to make people laugh. He also enjoyed playing guitar, listening to music, camping, and disc golf. He had a love of animals, and worked at the Bokhara Kennels in Elk Rapid for a number of summers.

He is survived by his parents Timothy Jackson of Ohio, and Nancy Jackson of Kalkaska, sisters; Patricia Lauren (Ben) Berthelot of Rapid City, and Emily Jeanne Jackson of Traverse City, and half-brother Bruce Griffin of Chicago. Also surviving are grandparents Jeanne (Richard) Lee, and Clifford (Kay) Jackson. He was preceded in death by grandparents John and Patricia Scott, and Uncles John Jr., Patrick, Gerry, and Kevin Scott.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 7, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. at the Wolfe-O’Neill Funeral Home., Pastor Jeff Badgero officiating. Visitation at the funeral home will be held on Monday from 11:00 a.m. until the time of service. Memorial contributions may be made to the family through the funeral home.
http://www.wolfeoneill.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1895017&fh_id=11317

Duran Anthony Perino

Duran Anthony Perino, 22, of Naples, FL died suddenly at home on June 27, 2013. He loved the beach, working out and the hundreds of friends he met along the way.

Duran is survived by his father, Patrick Perino; his mother Christie Perino; brothers, Ryan Perino and Peyton Perino; grandmother, Barbara Perino; aunts and uncles, Michael Perino, Phylis Perino, Kevin Perino, Cindy Moore, John Spencer, Bernie Spencer (Polly), Kathy Keyak (Mike), Shelly Watts (Sam), Rick Spencer (Celia); and many cousins, nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Albert Perino, and Bernard and Helen Spencer; and his Uncle Mike Spencer.

A celebration of Duran's life will be held on Wednesday, July 3 from 5 -7 pm at Hodges Funeral Home at Naples Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions to the Duran Perino Scholarship Fund.

For those desiring to make memorial contributions, please make checks out to the Duran Perino Scholarship Fund and mail c/o Pat Perino, 1400 Sweetwater Cove #202, Naples, FL 34110
Photos can be found at the link below, but not able to be directly linked here
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Duran-Perino&lc=7105&pid=165571357&mid=5584062

This is why we speak up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 17:32 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2013, 17:56 »
Ive never heard of the names they mentioned except for Greg Wisner.  His is a truly sad case.  Disconnection and lack of real therapy killed this kid in my opinion.  He was a great kid.  RIP Greg

They may have been before your time.  What I posted had been posted in 2001, and it was already reposted older stuff then.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2013, 18:19 »
Re: Levi and other Narconon Freedom Center deaths of late

Lisa Payne
January 7 2013 at 5:35pm near Owensboro, KY ·

My Michigan family is one nobody else will ever have, it's unfortunate that we've lost so many people we were all close to, I pray I don't lose anyone else. I love you guys too much! RIP to everyone we've lost. — with Corey Michael Turner and 13 others.
        17 people like this.
        Lisa Payne I couldn't tag everyone. You all know who you are though.
        January 7 at 5:35pm via mobile · 1
        Nicole Rynas Bless you baby girl...miss you
        January 7 at 5:43pm via mobile · 1
        Josh Williams Same to you Lisa!! And everyone else tagged!!!
        January 7 at 6:12pm via mobile · 1
        Rachel Prewett : ( wait who all has passed?
        January 7 at 7:14pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne Levi Jackson, Mike B, Josh something, I forgot. He went by 'Hawaii' & I forgot his name, my mind is boggled right Now, but he was older & his doc was alcohol, he had kids.. But yeah. So many people
        January 7 at 7:19pm via mobile
        Josh Williams Not Leon???was it
        January 7 at 7:20pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne No. I forgot his name. He was a super nice guy, probably about 50 or so. He graduated too. He ended up passing away bc of alcohol poisoning. I just can't seem to think of his name right now.. Uhh it's going to bug me
        January 7 at 7:21pm via mobile
        Josh Williams They were all there the first time I did the program that's fuckin scary
        January 7 at 7:24pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne Yep.. I know it, it's a scary thought. Like I said early, I do not want to lose anyone else!
        January 7 at 7:25pm via mobile
        Josh Williams For sure....hey this should help us all stay a little straighter you know !!
        January 7 at 7:26pm via mobile · 2
        Josh Sowers i feel you.. miss you guys
        January 7 at 7:53pm via mobile · 3
        Brent Joseph Phillips i miss you all very much
        January 7 at 8:08pm via mobile · 2
        Lindsey Mathews Walker Lisa I know who u are talking about. His name was Jeff. I don't remember his last name but I remember him. They were all good ppl and the world is a sorrier place with out them.
        January 7 at 9:03pm via mobile · 1
        Tamra Carr Too many people lost for no good reason Its always helpful to turn on my computer when having a down day, see your posts and comments, and be reminded why we fight. May never see many of you again in person, but it makes me smile to know your all out there.
        January 7 at 9:34pm · 2
        Lisa Payne Yes! Jeff! He was an awesome guy, & your right Lindsey! So right!
        January 7 at 10:00pm via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne Aww Tamra, I couldn't have said it better myself
        January 7 at 10:01pm via mobile · 1
        Rachel Prewett Levi? Like ethics officer? Yeh wrf is goin on cus I lost one of my frends from Narconon Oklahoma and we trained together and together at afr..........it's fucked up
        January 8 at 12:56am via mobile
        Lisa Payne Yeah it is, such a shame. & no Levi Jackson, he was around when I was like in sauna. Way before you got there
        January 8 at 12:58am via mobile
        Rachel Prewett Oh ok but damn dude that's ducked up I'm sry have!
        January 8 at 1:29am via mobile · 1
        Rachel Prewett Fucked I meant lol and I meant hun
        January 8 at 1:30am via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne RIP to him. He was a great guy
        January 8 at 1:31am via mobile
        Linda Blagg My Michigan family is in my complete circle of Love even though I have lived in Colorado for 32 years. I just made my circle bigger by moving . You can never have too many people who love you or you Love. Loss is such as heartache that you don't even realize until you lose someone to death...until it happens. I, unfortunately know this too well. Always remember that those in your heart never,ever leave us ! They are in our lives, emotions, thoughts, memories and are a Gift from God. Where would we be without their Love ? I am so sorry to hear of the many whom have lost their lives and left so many grieving. Pray, hug, cry.....be considerate of the family and their guaranteed change in personallity. Their lives will never be as they were...but, you can be compassionate and kind at the least
        January 8 at 6:27am · 2
        Alyssa Kovarik Lisa, I couldnt have said it any better, ive met over 400 people through narconon and each and every person has a special place in my heart, and no one that wasnt there understands how we all care about eachother. & Kelsey I feel the same, I found out a few days ago but still have no clue what was said to have happened other than foul-play ruled out. and he was found in the snow, but thats only what i heard through another fellow student. RIP
        January 8 at 10:14pm · 3
        Ashley Myah Windorfer Lisa don died too? Please tell me no:'(
        January 9 at 12:05pm via mobile
        Ashley Myah Windorfer The older guy from Minnesota he rode with me from the airport I can't remember either it was the guy who always said "dale know any whores?" And then he'd scream Lisa's a whore lol remember? gosh this is terrible
        January 9 at 12:07pm via mobile · 1
        Ashley Myah Windorfer Jeff that's it!!
        January 9 at 12:08pm via mobile
        Jade Taylor Also Nate. Idk if y'all were there with him, but I think you were working there when Nate was there Lisa. RIP to everyone who lost their battle and who are now in a better place. I still think about all of you guys every single day and hope everyone is doing good
        January 9 at 7:58pm via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne Nate who? I can't put my finger on someone named Nate. But there was SOOO many people it's hard sometime!
        January 9 at 7:59pm via mobile
        Paperchase Jay Hawaii the one that wrestled Brent?
        January 9 at 8:17pm via mobile
        Jade Taylor I believe Nate h. He was short, chubby, had a beard. Always doing something hilarious and getting in trouble. He would always pull the fire alarm and stuff. U worked in withdrawal when he was there
        January 9 at 8:24pm via mobile
        Josh Williams Nate he would try to get high huffing axe body spray ya he's gone he was MADD young he was my roommate after kris wher graduated he played guitar and could sing ohhhhhh the one who would smash his nuts off his leg and make it slap off and make a loud noise
        January 9 at 8:27pm via mobile · 3
        Jade Taylor Yeah he was only 18. I love him he was awesome.
        January 9 at 8:28pm via mobile
        Jade Taylor Lmao the nut slap hahah
        January 9 at 8:28pm via mobile · 1
        Chris Wattles Let's celebrate those who have fallen.
        January 9 at 8:29pm via mobile · 2
        Jade Taylor ^yes
        January 9 at 8:30pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne I remember him now! Lol! aww that's sad. I didn't know he passed! Omg well RIP to them all, they were loved by us all! & exactly Wattles!
        January 9 at 8:46pm via mobile · 1
        Josh Williams Wattles is dead?
        January 9 at 9:21pm via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne No. I was agreeing with his comment. Lol. PLEASE no! I'd probably die if Chris Wattles passed. I don't want to think about it. Lol.
        January 9 at 9:25pm via mobile · 1
        Chris Wattles Lol. I'm alive and well my dear. So no worries there
        January 9 at 9:28pm via mobile · 4
        Lisa Payne I completely agree Kelsey! You took the words right out of my mouth!!
        January 10 at 5:08pm via mobile · 1
        Robyn Irish Too many people have fallen Mike B, Jeff, Derick, Levi just too many and to be truthful im afraid of who will be next please everyone be careful love to all
        January 10 at 6:10pm via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne I forgot about derick! Shame on me! But so am I Robyn Irish, I don't want to see anyone else go. I've known 7 people to pass since I went to Michigan, that's 7 too many!!! & I don't want our NN family to lose anyone. RIP to them all & they will never be forgotten. Prayers go out to all the people I've met & STAY STRONG everyone. It's a rough battle but it can be beat!
        January 10 at 6:18pm via mobile · 2
        Nicole Rynas
        Soooo sad! Everyone....stay safe! We dont need anymore!
        January 11 at 12:40am via mobile · 1
        Samantha LeHotan Hawaii died?!
        January 15 at 11:03pm via mobile
        Samantha LeHotan I do too
        January 15 at 11:07pm via mobile
        Josh Williams Me
        January 16 at 12:35am via mobile · 3
        Lisa Payne I am! In April I'll be 2 years clean from my doc! (: & yeah, Sam, Hawaii died a while back.. It's a struggle, but they were all great people & will always be in our hearts!
        January 16 at 2:48am via mobile · 1
        Brent Joseph Phillips Lets have a reunion. i have my own house
        January 16 at 2:48pm via mobile · 3
        Lisa Payne We should! We should!!!!
        January 16 at 4:51pm via mobile
        Kelsey LaVake oh that would be a good time:)
        January 16 at 5:08pm · 1
        Lisa Payne Wouldn't it? I swear it would be a DREAM COME TRUE to get everyone back together even for a little while. Uhh... Don't get my hopes up Brent!
        January 16 at 5:22pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne If you guys are serious, so am I!
        January 16 at 5:54pm via mobile
        Josh Williams I'd love to go if I could
        January 16 at 6:30pm via mobile · 1
        Kelsey LaVake yea for real, we def. need a reunion
        January 16 at 8:54pm · 2
        Josh Williams This is like the longest comment thread ever lol we should all just keep commenting on this everyday. Then we will never lose touch
        January 16 at 9:07pm via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne Haha sounds good
        January 16 at 9:09pm via mobile
        Kyle Recker It's best not to focus on how many have been lost and instead focus on how many have been saved.
        January 16 at 9:15pm via mobile · 1
        Matthew Henley That's a bet
        January 16 at 9:16pm · 2
        Chris Wattles There's nothing wrong with remembering those who have fallen. Because in the end.. You remember how important those who are still around mean to you.
        January 16 at 9:56pm via mobile · 2
        Lisa Payne Exactly Chris Wattles, obviously Kyle has no sympathy. Smh
        January 16 at 9:58pm via mobile
        Kyle Recker Exactly Chris...you said it better than me obviously
        January 16 at 10:14pm via mobile
        Kyle Recker Lisa I was trying to be positive...
        January 16 at 10:15pm via mobile
        Josh Williams Pretty funny I think Chris has me blocked I can't see any of his comments??? Now why would he do that
        January 16 at 11:17pm via mobile · 1
        Josh Williams And Kyle Recker miss you buddy!!
        January 16 at 11:18pm via mobile
        Brent Joseph Phillips Lets do it i aint bullshittin
        January 17 at 2:03am via mobile · 3
        Josh Williams Sounds like a plan big sexy!!!!! But you guys are all close wtf is Lil ole Boston gonna do!?!?
        January 17 at 3:08am via mobile · 1
        Kyle Recker miss u too josh! hope your doing well!
        January 17 at 7:01pm · 1
        Matthew Henley Yea I wish you would come out Boston!!!!
        January 17 at 9:06pm · 1
        Lisa Payne Your DEFINITELY going to make it happen Josh Williams & come out! so, Brent Joseph Phillips, when is this possible?
        What about everyone else? If your not bullshittin LET'S DO IT!
        January 18 at 12:59am via mobile · 1
        Josh Williams I am Kyle Recker thanks!!!! Matthew Henley I wanna come out there you guys set the date and ill try as hard as I can shit ill ride that train right to div 6's doorstep!!!!!
        January 18 at 1:19am via mobile · 1
        Matthew Henley LOL! I'll come and get your ass!!!!!! Maybe if we give it a little time to get warmer and everyone to get their ducks in a row.
        January 18 at 1:03pm · 2
        Josh Williams Sounds good to me
        January 18 at 2:01pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne Doing it in the summer time would be WAY better!
        January 18 at 4:01pm via mobile
        Josh Williams I'd deff be working more in the summer but I can make like a 3 day weekend
        January 18 at 4:24pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne We will all just have to talk about this & get a date set, where it works for the majority of everyone. & try to make it a small reunion, knowing not a lot will come but just to see some faces again would be better than none!
        Brent Joseph Phillips, I forgot where you lived?
        January 18 at 4:45pm via mobile · 2
        Josh Williams He lives in mi
        January 18 at 5:02pm via mobile
        Lisa Payne Ohh ok, if I go there I'm making rounds & going to the center as wellll!
        January 18 at 7:45pm via mobile
        Nicole Rynas Missssd youuuu guuyyysssss! Would LOVE for everyone to get together!!!
        January 18 at 10:34pm via mobile · 2
        Brent Joseph Phillips Live in saginaw allyall welcome here
        January 19 at 12:25am via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne Yay!!! Lets do it ! Tell everyone! I'm there NO DOUBT
        January 19 at 12:34am via mobile
        Chris Wattles I'll be there in spirit. Florida is to far away.
        January 19 at 12:39am via mobile · 1
        Lisa Payne Shitty :(((
        January 19 at 12:40am via mobile

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.payne.319247/posts/194000100739920
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 18:29 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2013, 14:06 »
Oh dear.  More names to investigate:

I've finished updating the first post with the information in this thread up until the quoted post above  (quoted as a place-marker for me).  I decided to add the list of overdoses after attending Narconon (mentioned before) and unfortunately found it necessary to add a 3rd list, one of those who are permanently disabled in some way because Narconon did not live up to its promises of a cure for addiction.

I've been adding the "More on ----" posts so I could link the names of the "death by overdose" and "disabled" people to somewhere more information can be found.  I'd like to do that with the deaths at Narconon list too, but it will have to be later.  Links to more information about them are embedded in this thread somewhere.

escapee, thanks for adding the ones you did, and Mary, thanks for the details I need to put them on the list (TBD).  If you (or someone) would post a message to the Facebook conversation you quoted to let these people know about the list, it would be great.  Perhaps they can fill in the details of those people and we can add them too. 

I wonder if the FB people ever had their IRL reunion?   
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 14:12 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2013, 16:12 »

I've finished updating the first post with the information in this thread up until the quoted post above  (quoted as a place-marker for me).  I decided to add the list of overdoses after attending Narconon (mentioned before) and unfortunately found it necessary to add a 3rd list, one of those who are permanently disabled in some way because Narconon did not live up to its promises of a cure for addiction.

I've been adding the "More on ----" posts so I could link the names of the "death by overdose" and "disabled" people to somewhere more information can be found.  I'd like to do that with the deaths at Narconon list too, but it will have to be later.  Links to more information about them are embedded in this thread somewhere.

escapee, thanks for adding the ones you did, and Mary, thanks for the details I need to put them on the list (TBD).  If you (or someone) would post a message to the Facebook conversation you quoted to let these people know about the list, it would be great.  Perhaps they can fill in the details of those people and we can add them too. 

The info actually came from a group member's Facebook, so I don't have ability to post there and she most certainly won't add me as a friend. She is friends with many of the people she did the program with and somehow a comment by her in the group lead me to her Facebook profile, which then lead me to that thread. 

I didn't see any indication there if they had the reunion but I'm sure it did... they are pro-narconon grads, in case you didn't know that.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2013, 16:30 »
they are pro-narconon grads, in case you didn't know that.

No, I didn't know that.  The way they were going on about all the Narconon "failures" and people who died - how people can deny what's right before their very eyes...  sad...

Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2013, 18:54 »
they are pro-narconon grads, in case you didn't know that.

No, I didn't know that.  The way they were going on about all the Narconon "failures" and people who died - how people can deny what's right before their very eyes...  sad...

Cognitive Dissonance

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2013, 20:33 »
Nevertheless, they're welcome to come over here and tell us about their friends, if they like.   :)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2013, 21:18 »

The info actually came from a group member's Facebook, so I don't have ability to post there and she most certainly won't add me as a friend. She is friends with many of the people she did the program with and somehow a comment by her in the group lead me to her Facebook profile, which then lead me to that thread. 

I didn't see any indication there if they had the reunion but I'm sure it did... they are pro-narconon grads, in case you didn't know that.

Those aren't all pro Nn people on that thread!!!;-) ;-) and I assure you that not all of those people are pro NARCONON  either even Lisa herself may think the the program saved her..but she also has a big problem with them also there is a lot of people on there who have been fired! Just saying this cause I wouldent doubt some of those people would love to get on here and vent! Worth a shot lol

And ether cat we never did have that reunion :-( would have been a blast
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 21:24 by Escapee »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2013, 23:21 »

Those aren't all pro Nn people on that thread!!!;-) ;-) and I assure you that not all of those people are pro NARCONON  either even Lisa herself may think the the program saved her..but she also has a big problem with them also there is a lot of people on there who have been fired! Just saying this cause I wouldent doubt some of those people would love to get on here and vent! Worth a shot lol

And ether cat we never did have that reunion :-( would have been a blast

Well, they are sure welcome here! Thanks for the tip :)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2013, 21:02 »
Here's another sad death (aren't they all?) of someone who was kicked out of Narconon and died a week later.  There are very few details, not even a name, but we shall call him "DP Sr.'s son".

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12711.0.html
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12 »
Anyone know more about this case?

Unfortunately, the arson/homicide suspect is not named in the article.

Laraine Shape, technical director of Narconon and head of CoS Miami in '78, is mentioned in comments at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker a few days ago.

... it's Lorraine Shape and not a volunteer, but OSA, if still in.

She also had a brother and both from Miami. He left Miami around '78. Dated him a couple times. Never ran into him in CW. I would've recognized Norm, but didn't hang with Gabe's crowd and he may have gone by the time I got there. That's probably why they told me to keep far way from Gabe, beside other reasons. Plus didn't get there til the beginning of '80.

I'm behind on my deposition reading.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/01/02/the-tommy-davis-deposition-an-explosive-set-of-documents-filed-in-scientology-lawsuit/

Larraine's probably still in scn if she's writing for Psych-Times, but her last article was posted 9/19/13.
https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/proxy?ep=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&epile=4q6n41784r4441784q4451784r3138314q5335725n586o3q&edata=d90c516e4b9a11134ee5e6b01e4dc824&ek=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&ekdata=1d49a6734b0826c8c11d8309c1fb5998
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 13:01 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2014, 22:17 »
Very sad story. No details on who lit the fire. Shelly's mother Jacqueline, however,  sued Narconon and it's insurance company back in 1980. Records are long gone except that the case was on and then closed in 1981. I gather they came to a settlement.

This is from Civil / Probate Justice System - Record Search Results

ADAMS, JACQUELINE vs ILLINOIS EMPLOYERS INS CO OF WAUSAU    DOCKETS   PARTIES 
1980-2230-CA-01
13-1980-CA-002230-0000-01     
NARCONON FLA INC     DN 02    11    2/6/1980    5/13/1981    CLSD
Plaintiff : ADAMS, JACQUELINE

ADAMS, JACQUELINE vs ILLINOIS EMPLOYERS INS CO OF WAUSAU    DOCKETS   PARTIES 
1980-2230-CA-01
13-1980-CA-002230-0000-01
N/A    11    ADAMS, SHELLY (ESTATE OF)     PN 03    11    2/6/1980          
ILLINOIS EMPLOYERS INS CO OF WAUSAU

Docket Details:

ADAMS, JACQUELINE vs ILLINOIS EMPLOYERS INS CO OF WAUSAU

Case Number (LOCAL):     1980-2230-CA-01    Dockets Retrieved:     4    Filing Date:     02/06/1980    
   Case Number (STATE):     13-1980-CA-002230-0000-01    Judicial Section:     11    
Date    Book/Page    Docket Entry    Comments
09/04/1993    
   CASE ELIGIBLE FOR DESTRUCTION :    09/04/1993
05/13/1981    
   TEXT    REFER TO MANUAL DOCKET &/OR MICROFILM FOR PRIOR ENTRIES
05/13/1981    
   CLOSED UNDER CIS    
02/06/1980    
   COMPLAINT

https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/civil/Search.aspx

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2014, 21:12 »
Thanks, Mary.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama