Author Topic: Ideal Continental Narconon  (Read 8847 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Ideal Continental Narconon
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 09:12 »
Great info. Thanks, Mary.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43 »
You're welcome, mefree :)
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 21:51 »
Narconon Arrowhead is the best example of an "Ideal" Narconon.  It is sinking and shrinking.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 21:07 »
Narconon Arrowhead is the best example of an "Ideal" Narconon.  It is sinking and shrinking.

Yup!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline RodKeller

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 22:14 »

Yup!

The new Ideal Continental Narconons are big, they're beautiful, they may be very successful. I hope not, but it could be that they fill up quickly. Narconon tells an addict what they want to hear, and it can be very persuasive.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 09:04 »
The new Ideal Continental Narconons are big, they're beautiful, they may be very successful. I hope not, but it could be that they fill up quickly. Narconon tells an addict what they want to hear, and it can be very persuasive.

It depends on what their angle is for the Ideal Narconons. If they plan to go the residential/inpatient route, licensing may be problematic for them. I would assume treatment at an Ideal Narconon will be expensive, very expensive. At some point, the cost is out of reach for a lot of people. You're right though, parents and addicts are vulnerable to false promises and persuasion when desperate. Many families have forked over 30k to Narconon.

Of course, their brand is hurting, at least in the U.S.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13 »
Scientology and Narconon in Denmark, from the crew at seccheck.wordpress.com

Not open yet but...
The State of Denmark
Here is the new Continental Narconon, the Arresøhøj, North of Copenhagen. Scientologist Jørgen Jørgensen poses at the entrance.

http://seccheck.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/the-state-of-denmark/

The private foundation of King's Island Arresøhøj
www.kongensoe.dk

Address of location, which used to be a former inpatient treatment facility  owned by this company www.kongensoe.dk

Præstevej 62
3200 Helsinge

Google's attempt to translate the source link

Scientology ideas occupies Arresøhøj
Gribskov - 28. november 2013 09:59
Af METTE MAJ BROCHORST
( ohoto )

The former treatment facility Arresøhøj near Helsinge has new owners. The association Narconon Europe, which stands for addiction based on Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard's ideas, has bought the former inpatient of King's Island.

Narconon will conduct training activities for its European employees from 2014, says managing director of Narconon Europe Jorgen Jorgensen.

Narconon is not active in Denmark at the moment. The association of treatment drives for users by MørkøvPrint in Holbaek municipality was closed last year when Holbæk found the building unsuitable for treatment. Jørgen Jørgensen explains that this is due to a massive water damage. But that one will start again when it's fixed.

The organization has also been criticized for its treatment, and no municipalities refers to the place, says a professor from Aarhus University's Center for Alcohol and Drug Research Mads Uffe Pedersen.

- They have their own methods that are not evidence-based. Therefore, it is not known whether it is good or harmful, says the researcher.

Jørgen Jørgensen states that there are no organizational link between Scientology Church and Narconon, but there is a clear connection and understanding between them and the Scientologists, which also contributes to Narconon.

- But because it supports an organization with money, you are not the organization, says Jørgen Jørgensen.
http://www.sn.dk/gribskov/scientologi-ideer-indtager-arresoehoej/artikel/372306

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 11:11 »
I hit this thread looking to confirm we know all the locations shown in this promo from Mike Rinder's Thurday Funnies:

From: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-42/

Unfortunately, the images Rod posted at the beginning of this thread appear to be broken? (Or is it just me??)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 20:25 »
It's not just you.  :(
-Dalai Lama

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 09:41 »
Replacement images via Rod for the ones now busted at the beginning of this thread:

http://imgur.com/a/DobTX

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 10:07 »

From: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-42/

So 6 out of the 7 known Ideal or Continental Narconons are shown in the promo, from left-to-right top down:

Scientology Ideal Narconon Latin America in Mexico City
Scientology Ideal Narconon United Kingdom in Eastbourne, East Sussex
Scientology Ideal Narconon Europe in either Ramlose or Skaerod, Denmark
Scientology Ideal Narconon Australia north of Sydney in Yarramalong NSW, Australia
Scientology Ideal Narconon United States in Ojai, California
Scientology Ideal Narconon Canada in Toronto, Ontario

Missing from the promo is Narconon Africa, so I'm wondering if that means that location is NOT IAS sponsored and privately funded.

And if I recollect correctly, the Australia and Canada locations have both been blocked from opening. Amirite?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:38 by AnonLover »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 11:31 »
A comment posted at Rinder's blog, and my response...

RMycroft says   
July 30, 2015 at 9:29 am   
Gee, I’d like to hear how they explain that all their Ideal Narconon plans have been hitting icebergs so far, and they’re now stuck with a number of white elephant properties.

Come to think of it, Social Betterment Properties International bought those properties, and that’s directly part of Church of Scientology International. So why is IAS (total not part of CSI, completely separate, trust us) taking credit for those disasters?

Mary McConnell says   
July 30, 2015 at 5:13 pm   

RMycroft, thanks for bringing this up. Its all about appearances, for justifying where some of the IAS member donations have gone to. Three of the eight “Ideal Narconons” mentioned back in April 2013 in this IAS “GrantsNews” propaganda piece have had applications denied by local government zoning authorities.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/155835440/Burgess-Opposition-to-Dismiss-Exhibit-T One in Warburton Australia is nearing the end of all options. .Trout Run in Maryland and Hockley Valley in Ontario Canada are almost over, too. SBPI is desperately attempting to win on appeal the last two, despite the overwhelming odds against the decisions being overturned.Each started out with zoning issue applications. The 2 in North America were deceptively and intentionally filed by a for-profit corporation acting as a ‘contract purchaser or agent called West Coast Property Investments, Inc, which was set up and is run by attorneys from Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, L.L.P, the law firm which church tax attorney Monique Yingling is a partner. The disregard for respecting;laws which impede the church and it’s front groups is a central theme on all of these…but they forget that officials and concerned citizens are not stupid. I admire each community for doing their homework, finding out what was being done to skirt the local laws and who who was behind it all. I wish I were a fly on the wall during that briefing
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-42/#comment-96614

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 12:59 »
RMycroft, thanks for bringing this up. Its all about appearances, for justifying where some of the IAS member donations have gone to. Three of the eight “Ideal Narconons” mentioned back in April 2013 in this IAS “GrantsNews” propaganda piece have had applications denied by local government zoning authorities.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/155835440/Burgess-Opposition-to-Dismiss-Exhibit-T One in Warburton Australia is nearing the end of all options. .Trout Run in Maryland and Hockley Valley in Ontario Canada are almost over, too. SBPI is desperately attempting to win on appeal the last two, despite the overwhelming odds against the decisions being overturned.Each started out with zoning issue applications. The 2 in North America were deceptively and intentionally filed by a for-profit corporation acting as a ‘contract purchaser or agent called West Coast Property Investments, Inc, which was set up and is run by attorneys from Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, L.L.P, the law firm which church tax attorney Monique Yingling is a partner. The disregard for respecting;laws which impede the church and it’s front groups is a central theme on all of these…but they forget that officials and concerned citizens are not stupid. I admire each community for doing their homework, finding out what was being done to skirt the local laws and who who was behind it all. I wish I were a fly on the wall during that briefing
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-42/#comment-96614
Hockley Valley is dead dead. The property was sold out from under them. (Probably why they now buy the properties then try for zoning changes.)

Milton was turned down by the OMB. They might be able to appeal, but it seems unlikely to succeed.

My only concern is that there might be locations under the radar because they don't need zoning changes or haven't hit the news yet. (The first news of the Milton location was after Milton turned them down.)

That "Ideal Narconon Ontario" image doesn't seem to match the Milton location. Photoshop or a lurking location?

RMycroft :)