Author Topic: [Yahoo] Travolta gala will benefit detoxification project (The Ocala Star-Banner)  (Read 1654 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Travolta gala will benefit detoxification project (The Ocala Star-Banner)
31 January 2010, 6:32 am

By Dave Schlenker Entertainment editor As one of the beneficiaries of Thursday's "From Paris With Love" movie gala, the Ocala Detoxification Project has puzzled many locals.

The Paris-themed party will raise money for local deputies, police officers, firefighters and a college scholarship fund. But few in Marion County know anything about detoxification.

Up front, here are some facts:

The Ocala Detoxification Project is designed to help firefighters and other uniformed personnel who are exposed to toxins. It likely will launch with funds from the gala. "From Paris" star John Travolta is leading the local effort. Detoxification is based on a book by Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. It is not, advocates stress, a Scientology program.

Its critics contend detoxification is unproven and lacks necessary medical research.

And Ocalan Ron Chard said it saved his son's life.

"I really believe that," Chard said. "[Detoxification] needs to be brought to people's attention."

His son, Tim Chard, served on the Utah County Major Crimes Task Force, which raids and disassembles meth labs. Tim Chard's throat burned after raids and soon, he said, extreme pain and exhaustion plagued him daily. Severe depression followed.

But after 32 days of detoxification, including intermittent saunas totaling five hours a day, Tim Chard said he is free of pain and depression. It changed his life, he said, and it sent him and other federal agents to Washington, D.C., to "educate" lawmakers about the treatments and push for workers' compensation coverage for detoxification.

more at http://www.ocala.com/article/20100131/articles/1311015&tc=yahoo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 14:45 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I wish folks would do a little more research before promoting the purif to the feds.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Gah. I'm having flashbacks to the Scienos interfering at Ground Zero after 8-11. >:(
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Gah. I'm having flashbacks to the Scienos interfering at Ground Zero after 8-11. >:(

8-11 a date I will never forget.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
His son, Tim Chard, served on the Utah County Major Crimes Task Force, which raids and disassembles meth labs. Tim Chard's throat burned after raids and soon, he said, extreme pain and exhaustion plagued him daily. Severe depression followed.

But after 32 days of detoxification, including intermittent saunas totaling five hours a day, Tim Chard said he is free of pain and depression. It changed his life, he said, and it sent him and other federal agents to Washington, D.C., to "educate" lawmakers about the treatments and push for workers' compensation coverage for detoxification.

Pain can cause exhaustion.  This can lead to depression.  I see nothing unusual about this. 

The human body has an amazing ability to heal itself.  It might be that the problems Tim Chard experienced would have gone away after 32 days without any treatment whatsoever.  But we will never know, because there are no unbiased and peer-reviewed studies of the scientology purification rundown, only anecdotal "testimonials," which are highly subject to influence by the placebo effect.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions