Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 203414 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I love and respect the people for putting their names on that petition to the court!

Here is a copy of a copy, the original policy letter on  Boards of Investigation of which I found at this link starting on page 568 :
http://www.tep-online.info/laku/usa/reli/scien/SECRETDOX/OEC1_txt.pdf

Fair Use Reprint of text from the above link:

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO POLICY LETTER OF 4 JUNE 1966
Remimeo
All Staff DIVISION 1
DEPT OF INSPECTION AND REPORTS

BOARD OF INVESTIGATION

Boards of Investigation are hereby established.
CONVENING AUTHORITIES

They may be convened by the LRH Communicator The Guardian An Assistant Guardian
The Advisory Council An HCO Exec Sec An Org Exec Sec An HCO Sec The Director of
Inspection & Reports

The LRH Comm (Area or Cont) may convene a Board of Investigation on Executive
Secretaries or any other executive or staff member below Executive Secretary but not on the
Executive Director, a Guardian or Assistant Guardian.
The Guardian may convene a board on anyone but the Executive Director.
An Assistant Guardian may convene a board with permission of the Guardian whose
authority the Assistant Guardian uses.

Executive Secretaries may convene a Board of Investigation to be convened by the
HCO Area Sec on any executive or staff member in their portion of the organisation but not
cross-portion (i.e. the HCO Exec Sec may not convene a board in the Org portion and the Org
Exec Sec may not convene a board on the HCO portion).

The Advisory Council may convene a board on an LRH Communicator and anyone
else except the Executive Director and the Guardian, but not on a senior org.
Other convening authorities may convene a board on their equals in rank or on juniors.

PURPOSE

The purpose of a Board of Investigation is:
10 HELP LRH DISCOVER THE CAUSE IN ANY CONFLICT, POOR
PERFORMANCE OR DOWN STATISTIC.

COMPOSITION
A Board of Investigation is composed of not less than 3 and not more than 5 members.
A majority of the members must be senior to the persons being investigated except
when this is impossible.

CONDUCT
The Board may investigate by calling in a body on the persons concerned or by sitting
and summoning witnesses or principals.

FUNCTION
A Board of Investigation is a much less serious affair than a Committee of Evidence.
Persons appearing before it are not under duress or punishment.
The whole purpose is to get at the facts.

No disciplinary measure may result except for false attestation.
The Board may recommend an Executive Ethics Hearing or an Ethics Hearing if
crimes or high crimes are found but may take no action on errors or misdemeanors.
False attestation before a Board must result in an Executive Ethics Hearing or Ethics
Hearing.

FINDINGS
The findings of a Board of Investigation are sent to the convening authority and from
this orders can be issued or the convening authority can request action or policy from higher
authority. (The method of making policy is not changed.)

FORM
In all other ways the form of a Board, its orders, conduct and finding is the same as in
a Committee of Evidence.

COMMITTEE OF EVIDENCE
A Committee of Evidence is convened on the subject of a known crime or high crime
as it has come to be looked on (and is) a trial by jury, there being a charge.
A board may recommend a Committee of Evidence.

L. RON HUBBARD

LRH:lb-r.cden Copyright(~) 1966 by L. Ron Hubbard ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO POLICY LETTER OF 31 OCTOBER 1966 Issue II
Remimeo

BOARDS OF INVESTIGATION (Adds to HCO Pol Ltr of 4 June 1966)

A Board of Investigation may (and should) be convened any time there is an unusual
improvement in an org or its statistics.

Such a Board must (a) isolate the reasons or changes which brought about the improvement;
(b) draw up their findings in the form of policy or directives to pass them on to
the convening authority; and (c) recommend commending any person found responsible for
the improvement (the Board does not commend, it only recommends, the convening authority
alone may issue the commendation).

FORM OF FINDINGS
All findings of a Board of Investigation must be phrased in terms that may be issued
without change by a convening authority as a directive or, by the proper additional lines, policy.
The convening authority may alter this wording but it must be written so that it does
not need to be re-written.

L. RON HUBBARD
LRH:rd.cden Founder
Copyright (c) 1966
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 13:54 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Ran across this about Mary Reiser from 2010 before this case.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/ceo-narconon-georgia-home-foreclosure.56940/

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Ran across this about Mary Reiser from 2010 before this case.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/ceo-narconon-georgia-home-foreclosure.56940/

Yes, that's already posted about here
CEO of Narconon of Georgia Home Foreclosure
April 02, 2010, 12:48
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,4355.0.html
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
The Desmond case is mentioned in Tony Ortega's latest story on Narconon:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_narconon_extremely_vulnerable.php

Thank you, Tony!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Yes, And thank you, Jeff Harris :)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re:
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2012, 10:09 »
 Are there any legal minds here who could explain the meaning of these two recent motions within the The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al case?

Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     MOTION TO DISMISS
Docket Filing Date     13-AUG-2012
Associated Party     SEAN L HYNES
Text     
    AADINO - JOINT MOTION TO DISMISS BY PLTFS AND DEF DELGADO DEVELOPMENT INC - W/PROPOSED ORDER

Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     TO JUDGE
Associated Party     None
Text     
    AADINO - FOR JOINT MOTION TO DISMISS BY PLTFS AND DEF DELGADO DEVELOPMENT INC

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re:
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2012, 10:51 »
Are there any legal minds here who could explain the meaning of these two recent motions within the The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al case?

Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     MOTION TO DISMISS
Associated Party     SEAN L HYNES
Text     
    AADINO - JOINT MOTION TO DISMISS BY PLTFS AND DEF DELGADO DEVELOPMENT INC - W/PROPOSED ORDER

Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     TO JUDGE
Associated Party     None
Text     
    AADINO - FOR JOINT MOTION TO DISMISS BY PLTFS AND DEF DELGADO DEVELOPMENT INC

Looks like Delgado and their company settled

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Would a description of the settlement be at the courthouse?

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Probably not. Usually when I see things those last 2 docket entries, they only state that there is a mutual agreement satisfactory to both plaintiff and specific defendent, along with a request to dismiss sent in my the plaintiff stating this, which the judge has signed after verifying both parties have agreed..

Scientology and Narocnon are notorious for gag agreements - non disclosure agreements used in settlements . They don't want people knowing the terms of what they settled for or what poeople suing them settled for.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
OK, but I was ready to run over there and get the scoop.  #*|*#

• High Value Target

Probably not. Usually when I see things those last 2 docket entries, they only state that there is a mutual agreement satisfactory to both plaintiff and specific defendent, along with a request to dismiss sent in my the plaintiff stating this, which the judge has signed after verifying both parties have agreed..

Scientology and Narocnon are notorious for gag agreements - non disclosure agreements used in settlements . They don't want people knowing the terms of what they settled for or what poeople suing them settled for.

Would the settlement agreements from both Delgado Development and Dr. Robbins bolster the plaintiffs case against defendants Narconon of Georgia and Narconon International? I take a settlement as an admission of guilt ergo stopping the potential financial award that a jury could deem appropriate if in fact said defendants were found culpable if they in fact went to trial.

• High Value Target
OK, but I was ready to run over there and get the scoop.  #*|*#
That would be nice!

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
It looks like the case is closed. Delgado and Narconon.

NARCONON INTERNATIONAL     DEFENDANT     10A28641     State Civil Suits     State     Patrick C Desmond Vs Narconon Of Georgia Inc     19-MAY-2010     CLOSED

NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC     DEFENDANT     10A28641     State Civil Suits     State     Patrick C Desmond Vs Narconon Of Georgia Inc     19-MAY-2010     CLOSED

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I think that is a website glitch.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Seriously?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Seriously?

Maybe, accidentally on purpose?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
 Seperating the wheat from the chaff ;)

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Hope that's all it is. I can go check tomorrow.

• High Value Target
Seriously?

Tin foil to Lead foil.....Hmmmm. Did you know its hard to keep track of all this while posting from a 3 inch phone screen while mutli tasking for big pharma! ^^or__
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 17:23 by SocialTransparency »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Seriously?

Tin foil to Lead foil.....Hmmmm. Did you know its hard to keep track of all this while posting from a 3 inch phone screen while mutli tasking for big pharma! ^^or__

The foil, it multiplies. 3((:
-Dalai Lama