Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 202955 times)

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
I havent spent much time on the west coast so cant speak  of their operstions.  I do know they are probably the ones to be able to finance it though. 
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Ok, so y'all may be right about the phones not being tapped. But I was asked it I was a reporter. And then later on, in the middle of me talking about my drug use they throw in "are you an undercover agent here to exposes narcanon?" Very suspicious. And I did and still find it funny. Especially now that would love to expose and shut them down.

And honestly I wouldn't be suprised if it was someones job there to listen to all the recorded calls while sending 'public service announcements' to newspapers and radio stations.

And trust me, the laws mean nothing to them. From the time I was there no one to get a single valid tb test, because you had to return to the clinic in 48 hours for the results to be read to you. No one ever returned. I think they manage to get around that because the tb shots are done at walgreens, and everything else was done at locharini's office.

Also the strange circumstances included the fact that he was missing for days, and narcanon seemingly not caring.

Why does this not surprise me?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I think the answer to the phone tapping question might be found in whether they are using cell or land line phones.  Traditional copper wire phones are significantly easier to "tap" (not legally, but physically) than cell phones, especially if you have unfettered access to the wires.

In the depositions, it was mentioned that there were cell phones in the One Sovereign Place apartments for the "students'" use.  These phone numbers from Anywho would lead me to think Discovery is using land lines; perhaps loriisbored can clarify for us:

http://anywhoyp.yellowpages.com/georgia/narconon?q=Narconon

Narconon of Georgia
2007 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (770) 674-4731

Narconon of Georgia
2010 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (770) 557-1243

Narconon of Georgia
2010 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (678) 395-4749

Narconon of Georgia
1510 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (678) 580-5939

Summerchase Drive in Duluth is where the Berkley Landing Apartments are located.

lori?  Were they cell phones or corded phones?
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
or any of these?

whitepages.com

Darrell Hall
(770) 559-0550
2310 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-4834

10 Results for Darrell Hall in Duluth, GA

Darrell Hall
(770) 558-1033
2005 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-8018

Darrell Hall
(678) 691-7643
2003 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-8018

Darrell J Hall
(678) 691-8004
1710 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-4830

Darrell Hall
(770) 559-0550
2310 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-4834

Darrell Hall
(770) 674-5680
1501 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-8015

Darrell Hall
(678) 691-2459
1401 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-8014

Darrell Hall
(770) 676-7050
2309 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-4834

Darrell Hall
(678) 691-5033
1302 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-4827

Associated:  Thomas R Hill, Elizabeth A Hall, Frances V Hill, Rick Hill

Darrell Hall
(678) 694-1478
1502 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-8015

Darrell Hall
(770) 710-0660
2008 Summerchase Dr
Duluth, GA 30096-4832

--------------

Discovery Course Yellowpages.com

Discovery Course
2007 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 674-4731

Discovery Course
2010 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map
(678) 395-4749

Discovery Course
2009 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map
(770) 557-1243

Discovery Course
1510 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map
(678) 580-5939

http://www.yellowpages.com/duluth-ga/discovery

Edit: Mary, I hope you don't mind that took out some line breaks to make it more legible.  --ec
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 13:38 by ethercat »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BMF

I had a chance to reread claudias depo.  I must say i wish i would have been in the room when she was being grilled.  Its easy to disprove her lies about not knowing what a blow is.  Shes done the student hat or the nn equivalent.  She has been tested and attested to knowing the materials.  She either false attested, which is a big no no and should be reported to her church or she is lying.  Either way she screwed herself by saying that. 

The thing to establish is that nn int is in the business of running the centers.  She keeps saying that her actions are just to make sure licensing standards are met.  Ok, she takes action from california to help a center to run better or be in compliance with the laws.  It would be easy to convince a jury that that alone is running the centers.  The facts seems to be getting lost in the translation from scientologese to regular business practices.  Fact is she had a program she was running, she does this with many other centers as well.  If thats not being involved in the day to day then i dont know what is.  Companies all over the world have subsidiaries in differnt parts of the world, are we to believe they arr all wholly independent and the parent company is not responsible? Nah.

The lawyers just need to make it easily understandable to the jury or judge as theword plays they use are designed to be confusing and vague.

NN Int is absolutely in the business of running the centers.  Them saying they are just enforcing the licensing is BS.  They have conducted B of I's, Comm Ev's been involved with who gets hired and fired at many different centers that I worked at. 

I will post more specifics on the lies in the depositions shortly....

Claudia Arcabascio's deposition makes that plain.  It's frustrating to read because she (pretends she) doesn't understand English (or Scientologese) very well, but she is led into discussing Narconon Int's involvement with the housing situation.  The deposition even goes into how Narconon International wanted Narconon of Georgia to "get rid of Maria Delgado" and that Mary Rieser couldn't afford to start up a new housing setup because it would involve a new corporate registration, etc., and that perhaps she could afford to buy furniture, but didn't have the money to start a new housing.  There's something in there, too, that I need to reread, about her not wanting to pay Maria (?) for a company she started...  If that's not proof that NNGa and NNInt were deeply involved in running the housing, I don't know what is.

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-07-10-DepositionOfClaudiaArcabascio.pdf

I'd love to have your input on this depo, BMF. 

By the way, "Keep On Keeping ON", welcome to TP.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Who knows how many apartments they have rented now?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I had a chance to reread claudias depo.  I must say i wish i would have been in the room when she was being grilled.  Its easy to disprove her lies about not knowing what a blow is.  Shes done the student hat or the nn equivalent.  She has been tested and attested to knowing the materials.  She either false attested, which is a big no no and should be reported to her church or she is lying.  Either way she screwed herself by saying that. 

The thing to establish is that nn int is in the business of running the centers.  She keeps saying that her actions are just to make sure licensing standards are met.  Ok, she takes action from california to help a center to run better or be in compliance with the laws.  It would be easy to convince a jury that that alone is running the centers.  The facts seems to be getting lost in the translation from scientologese to regular business practices.  Fact is she had a program she was running, she does this with many other centers as well.  If thats not being involved in the day to day then i dont know what is.  Companies all over the world have subsidiaries in differnt parts of the world, are we to believe they arr all wholly independent and the parent company is not responsible? Nah.

The lawyers just need to make it easily understandable to the jury or judge as theword plays they use are designed to be confusing and vague.

NN Int is absolutely in the business of running the centers.  Them saying they are just enforcing the licensing is BS.  They have conducted B of I's, Comm Ev's been involved with who gets hired and fired at many different centers that I worked at. 

I will post more specifics on the lies in the depositions shortly....

Claudia Arcabascio's deposition makes that plain.  It's frustrating to read because she (pretends she) doesn't understand English (or Scientologese) very well, but she is led into discussing Narconon Int's involvement with the housing situation.  The deposition even goes into how Narconon International wanted Narconon of Georgia to "get rid of Maria Delgado" and that Mary Rieser couldn't afford to start up a new housing setup because it would involve a new corporate registration, etc., and that perhaps she could afford to buy furniture, but didn't have the money to start a new housing.  There's something in there, too, that I need to reread, about her not wanting to pay Maria (?) for a company she started...  If that's not proof that NNGa and NNInt were deeply involved in running the housing, I don't know what is.

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-07-10-DepositionOfClaudiaArcabascio.pdf

I'd love to have your input on this depo, BMF. 

By the way, "Keep On Keeping ON", welcome to TP.

Claudia is was on the Briefing Course in 2003. Not sure what level or if she complated it but she was on it when she married here husband  Steve. More info here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28656-Anyone-know-Claudia-Arcabascio-%28-aka-Tagliaferro-%29-SHSBC-ASHO
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
or any of these?
snip...

LOL, how many places can Darrell Hall live at once?  Is this an indication that he has "a split personality"?   3((:
   Narconon Reviews

Offline BMF

Student Hat is a prerequisite for the BC.  Its quite obvious she is dancing here.  Looks to me like a messed up Roger Rabbit/Running Man/Sprinkler combo.

To quote LRH, "Lying becomes alter-isness, becomes stupidity."  Something like that anywho. 

To get more truth they need Isaac Zrihen's testimony.  Knowing him and how he doesnt like how Int operates I would bet he would actually tell the truth.  Yvonne also.  She's not gonna risk being fined or slapped with perjury and risk going to jail.  She has two younger kids.  These are the people who can establish Ints hand in running the centers.  Along with the West Coast ED and Ops Sup.

"Claudia is was on the Briefing Course in 2003. Not sure what level or if she complated it but she was on it when she married here husband  Steve. More info here:"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28656-Anyone-know-Claudia-Arcabascio-%28-aka-Tagliaferro-%29-SHSBC-ASHO
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Student Hat is a prerequisite for the BC.  Its quite obvious she is dancing here.  Looks to me like a messed up Roger Rabbit/Running Man/Sprinkler combo.

To quote LRH, "Lying becomes alter-isness, becomes stupidity."  Something like that anywho. 

To get more truth they need Isaac Zrihen's testimony.  Knowing him and how he doesnt like how Int operates I would bet he would actually tell the truth.  Yvonne also.  She's not gonna risk being fined or slapped with perjury and risk going to jail.  She has two younger kids.  These are the people who can establish Ints hand in running the centers.  Along with the West Coast ED and Ops Sup.

"Claudia is was on the Briefing Course in 2003. Not sure what level or if she complated it but she was on it when she married here husband  Steve. More info here:"

Interesting. Where is Isaac Zrihen these days? Is he still working for NN EUS?
Are Yvonne and Isaac contracted staff or Sea Org or both?

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
If they're saying NN Int has nothing to do with operating NN Ga, then apparently they lied to the IRS about the organization of NN Int. From the IRS Exempt Organization listing:

"EIN","LEGAL NAME","ADDRESS","GEN","TYPE","AFFILIATE","DBA"
"952769582","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","4652 HOLLYWD BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408","2595","03","6"
"042606410","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","76 WINN ST STE 2C WOBURN MA 01801-2868","2595","03","9","NARCONON BOSTON"
"731690918","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","611 S FT HARISN AVE CLEARWATER FL 33756-5301","2595","03","9","NARCONON EASTERN UNITED STATES"
"593035096","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","22073 US HIGHWAY 19 N CLEARWATER FL 33765-2364","2595","03","9","NARCONON FLORIDA"
"421534941","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","5688 PEACHTREE PKWY NORCROSS GA 30092-2848","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF GEORGIA"
"731589280","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","69 ARROWHEAD LOOP CANADIAN OK 74425-5012","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF OKLAHOMA"
"954536141","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","622 E VILLA ST PASADENA CA 91101-1120","2595","03","9","FRIENDS OF NARCONON"
"954853440","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","13850 GRABER AVE SYLMAR CA 91342-2622","2595","03","9","NARCONON DRUG PREVENTION & EDUCATI"
"330911677","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE CA 91204-1331","2595","03","9","NARCONON FRESH START"
"651238009","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE CA 91204-1331","2595","03","9","NARCONON WESTERN UNITED STATES"
"770275827","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","262 GAFFEY RD WATSONVILLE CA 95076-9731","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA"
"550828683","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","4652 HOLLYWOOD BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF WEST HOLLYWOOD"

EIN: Employer Identification Number

GEN: Group Exemption Number
2595 if covered by the NN Int Group Exemption Letter

TYPE: Exemption Type
03 for a 501(c)3 exemption

AFFILIATE
6 - Group Controlling Organization
9 - Group Subordiante Organization

All of these Narconons are part of Narconon International per the Group Exemption Letter covered by Group Exemption Number 2595. "Narconon Georgia" is a DBA for Narconon International's Georgia operation. If they're saying something different they're lying through their teeth, either to Georgia or the IRS.
BigBeard

Offline BMF

we know they are lying, they know they are lying.  The judge and the jury need to know so they can rule in favor of the Desmonds.  If I were Jeff I would submit to evidence the "Fair Game" Policy and the TR-Lie drills that the GO and intelligence wing is hatted on.  This shit is what will make the jury go "hmmmmmm, they actually teach their parishoners and clergy to lie"
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline BMF

Ok.  So i just had a chance to review Clark Carrs deposition again.

On pg 130 or so he is asked about the studies to back up the claims on nn's success rate and validity of sauna program.  He mentions one done by FASE and is asked if it was funded by the church or anyone at int.  says no. 

That study was done in part by Marie Ceccini.  She is a scientologist and used to work for nn chilocco aka nn arrowhead.  I believe they paid her. 

I would say her religious affiliation and past work experience might be of interest. that is something that was known by int terminals and should have been disclosed there.

Next is pg 190 of deposition, he is being examined by his attorney and asked if int has anything to do with hiring or firing of nn georgia staff.  Says no...  Ive seen Int be involved with at least 7 cases of people getting hired or fired at several different centers.  From ED's to Withdrawal Speicalists. 

The bit about the ED reports not being required is a crock.  They send those forms to you and if you dont send them in on a weekly basis the world stops for them.  Its complete BS what he's saying.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 22:53 by BMF »
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline loriisbored

• On the path to knowledge
"Narconon of Georgia
1510 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (678) 580-5939"

that was my apartment and phone number. we all had land lines, no cell phones allowed. the unofficial story was that a student there around christmas of last year posted a picture on facebook that said "getting drunk at rehab" and his parents were pissed to high heavens. we also would hear a click everytime we would answer the phone or dial out.

the apartments there really werent that safe, before i left they wanted us to not lock our doors at night because there would be random bed checks. we only found this out after my roommate had a nightmare about it. if you've ever talked to darryll in person, then you would realize that multiple personality comment is not too far off...you can tell his mind is all over the place.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
"Narconon of Georgia

that was my apartment and phone number. we all had land lines, no cell phones allowed. the unofficial story was that a student there around christmas of last year posted a picture on facebook that said "getting drunk at rehab" and his parents were pissed to high heavens. we also would hear a click everytime we would answer the phone or dial out.

the apartments there really werent that safe, before i left they wanted us to not lock our doors at night because there would be random bed checks. we only found this out after my roommate had a nightmare about it. if you've ever talked to darryll in person, then you would realize that multiple personality comment is not too far off...you can tell his mind is all over the place.

This might be a good time to mention that Matthew Hines was found to be the registered agent for a new entity in May at the same address as his law office.

Business Name History
Name    Name Type
ATLAS SECURITY, LLC    Current Name
Limited Liability Company - Domestic - Information

Control No.:    12045024

Entity Creation Date:    5/28/2012

Jurisdiction:    GA
Principal Office Address:    5000 Austell-Powder Springs Road, St. 138
Austell GA 30106
Last Annual Registration Filed Date:   
Last Annual Registration Filed:   
Registered Agent

Agent Name:    Hines, Matt
Office Address:    5000 Austell-Powder Springs Road, St. 138
Austell GA 30106
Agent County:    Cobb

http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1902735

I have other updates that I will list later.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

The first ever inpatient outpatient center.  WTF?  "Leave your doors unlocked" so we can invade the privacy you dont have because you are at an inpatient outpatient center.  Inpatient if any parents ask.  Outpatient if the state asks.  NN Int isnt responsible for anything because they know nothing.  No one knows a thing.  Im a 15 year Scientologist and dont know what blow or emergency means.  Duhhhhh.....

"Narconon of Georgia

UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The first ever inpatient outpatient center.  WTF?  "Leave your doors unlocked" so we can invade the privacy you dont have because you are at an inpatient outpatient center.  Inpatient if any parents ask.  Outpatient if the state asks.  NN Int isnt responsible for anything because they know nothing.  No one knows a thing.  Im a 15 year Scientologist and dont know what blow or emergency means.  Duhhhhh.....

Yeah. Apparently, they operate as if the rules do not apply to them and it's perfectly acceptable to lie most of the time.

I remember one of our members mentioning when her sister was there, they duct-taped a door at the apartment.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Who knows how many apartments they have rented now?

More than what is listed within this thread!

If one really wants to effect change without much effort, One would be well advised to look into HOW Mr. Hall is working with Berkley Landing Apartment management in the sub-letting of the apartments. One would become very enlightened when talking to the city of Duluth and Gwinnett county about the legalities of this sub-letting arrangement Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia has with Mr. Hall.

A couple of phone calls to the city of Duluth, Georgia could end what is transpiring @ Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:46 by SocialTransparency »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
More than what is listed within this thread!

If one really wants to effect change without much effort, One would be well advised to look into HOW Mr. Hall is working with Berkley Landing Apartment management in the sub-letting of the apartments. One would become very enlightened when talking to the city of Duluth and Gwinnett county about the legalities of this sub-letting arrangement Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia has with Mr. Hall.

A couple of phone calls to the city of Duluth, Georgia could end what is transpiring @ Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia.

It seems like it would be preferable for the calls to come from people who live in the apartment complex. However, I wouldn't discourage anyone from calling......
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Ok.  So i just had a chance to review Clark Carrs deposition again.

On pg 130 or so he is asked about the studies to back up the claims on nn's success rate and validity of sauna program.  He mentions one done by FASE and is asked if it was funded by the church or anyone at int.  says no. 

That study was done in part by Marie Ceccini.  She is a scientologist and used to work for nn chilocco aka nn arrowhead.  I believe they paid her.  I had lunch with her and remember her telling me about working on it.  Never saw check stubs but do remember gary smith saying something about the cost of it.

I would say her religious affiliation and past work experience might be of interest. that is something that was known by int terminals and should have been disclosed there.

Next is pg 190 of deposition, he is being examined by his attorney and asked if int has anything to do with hiring or firing of nn georgia staff.  Says no...  Ive seen Int be involved with at least 7 cases of people getting hired or fired at several different centers.  From ED's to Withdrawal Speicalists. 

The bit about the ED reports not being required is a crock.  They send those forms to you and if you dont send them in on a weekly basis the world stops for them.  Its complete BS what he's saying.

Too bad you weren't conducting the depositions, BMF.  I think the Plaintiffs' attorneys have done an excellent job of getting up to speed on this subject, considering that they knew basically nothing about it when they started, but your spilling of insider knowledge is fantastic.  Future cases will be richer for having all the information that's been coming out lately, in the Desmond case, and from former insiders like you, Luke, and David.  Please keep talking! 

:-thanks-:
   Narconon Reviews