Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 238121 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
There is now a list of the more important files in this case (no Rule 5.2s, no Notices of Leaves of Absence, etc.) located here:
http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/desmond

I'll update the page as new documents come in.  Don't worry, though, I'll keep updating this thread too.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
There is now a list of the more important files in this case (no Rule 5.2s, no Notices of Leaves of Absence, etc.) located here:
http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/desmond

I'll update the page as new documents come in.  Don't worry, though, I'll keep updating this thread too.
Wow! Thats a lot of dox!  ||||9000||||
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Wow! Thats a lot of dox!  ||||9000||||

Yes.  There's nothing that hasn't been posted in this thread at one time or another, but it sure does look massive when they're listed all together, doesn't it.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
WSB Radio: Who Was Patrick Desmond?

Comment section is open on the WSB radio site.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Part 2 of Pete Combs' Atlanta Morning News radio show coming up @ 7:45am
http://www.wsbradio.com/s/narconon/

Then at 5pm, we have WSB TV NEWS Atlanta Channel 2 Action News Investigations reporting their a multipart story ( see teaser video here
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/2-investigates/lH8/  )

There, Investigative Reporter Jodie Fleisher will reveal  secrets the program fought to protect. Insiders blow the whistle on problems the state ignored for years.And the connection to the Church of Scientology.
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/2-investigates/lH8/

Additionally, there will be more this week from this multimedia investigation. Atlanta Journal and Constitution reports as well, and there will be nationwide CBS Radio broadcasts!

Tune in for Part 2 of Pete Combs' Atlanta Morning News radio show @ 7:45am
today.
http://www.wsbradio.com/s/narconon/
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

• High Value Target
 WSB radio audio on this story can be heard at the following link!

http://www.wsbradio.com/Player/101565291/

• High Value Target
THREE DOG NIGHT Liar (Live w / lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq5_pEO8a8U

Click on pic to enlarge.

Left to right- State Senator Vincent D. Fort, Executive Director of NarCONon of Georgia,s Mary Rieser, Sunshine Lewis and Alexander "Sandy" MacNabb, Esq.  Attorney for Narconon
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 14:58 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
On the left is State Senator Vincent D. Fort. Definitely.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
On the right is Alexander "Sandy" MacNabb, Esq.  Attorney for Narconon Arrowhead and also did work for Narconon International and Narconon Georgia.

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
Lucas, thank you for everything you are doing.  You are a true blue legitimate hero.

• High Value Target
On the right is Alexander "Sandy" MacNabb, Esq.  Attorney for Narconon Arrowhead and also did work for Narconon International and Narconon Georgia.
Thanks Brother for the info and what you are doing!!

Click on the pic to enlarge.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 15:54 by SocialTransparency »

• High Value Target
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/2-investigates-patient-death-georgia-narconon/nSQwp/

2 Investigates: Patient death at Georgia Narconon

State Inspections
During an unannounced inspection in March, eight out of eight patients interviewed by state inspectors said they were in Narconon's "residential program." During a follow-up inspection in April, 21 out of 28 patients told inspectors they were residential. Two of those patients were under court orders and most were from out of state.

Fleischer asked Rieser why those patients would tell state inspectors they were in a residential program, if they were not.

"I wasn't there when they answered the question," Rieser replied. "These are not the most truthful people here.But I can promise you, somebody comes in, they sign several times that they know we're an outpatient (program)."

Now, more than four years after Patrick Desmond's death, Narconon's own website, still refers to the Georgia program as a "long-term residential facility."

"It breaks my heart. You send your child for help, and you think he's going to be cared for. But he wasn't cared for. He was just left to his own devices," Colleen Desmond said. "I feel the whole place was a total fake scam."

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Right to the center of this scam! BAM!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

((HUGGS)) and thanks to Mrs. Desmond {O\O} for speaking out, painful as I know it must have been.

To Mary Rieser all I can say is ...

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Lucas, thank you for everything you are doing.  You are a true blue legitimate hero.

Not hardly, but thank you.  I'm only playing one tiny part in the whole scheme of trying to get the truth out there, after many years of having my own eyes and ears closed.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Not hardly, but thank you.  I'm only playing one tiny part in the whole scheme of trying to get the truth out there, after many years of having my own eyes and ears closed.

Well, you're doing it in a big way and we are all very grateful!
Same with Allison Riepe!!

• High Value Target
Yes YesYes!

WSB reporter to Mary Rieser, Ms Rieser have you ever claimed to be a "Residential treatment facility", then a computer screen grab of a Narconon of Georgia website stating that in fact yes, it claims to be a residential treatment facility.

Then a quick cut to Lisa Mooty of the Brevard Co, FLA drug courts and her video deposition. Quote Ms. Mooty. Yes, Mary Rieser stated that Narconon of Georgia is a "Residential treatment facility".

Then another quick cut to Randy Taylor of Tennessee whose son was also enrolled in Narconon of Georgia at the time Patrick Desmond passed. In a video deposition, Mr. Taylor stated that YES Mary Rieser claimed Narconon of Georgia was a "Residential treatment facility".

Who would YOU believe? A Scientologist incapable of telling the truth or a member of the courts or a private citizen looking for help with his sons addiction?

::)

I was very touched by Ms. Desmonds statements. Ms. Desmond you have my greatest respect! Then to watch as the executive director of Narconon of Georgia Mary Rieser belittle those that she claims to be helping.

I cannot wait to see the state of Georgia,s Department of Community Health taken to task over this whole sad affair. Had the DCH done its duty years ago, IMHO Patrick Desmond would still be with us today!

Though happy to finally see something happening here, PLEASE REMEMBER AT THIS VERY MOMENT MARY RIESER AND HER LITTLE GANG ARE HOUSING YOUNG VULNERABLE PEOPLE at the BERKLEY LANDING APARTMENT COMPLEX in DULUTH GEORGIA and the states DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE FACILITY REGULATIONS is FULLY AWARE OF THIS FACT AND DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

God only knows what horrors are transpiring there!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

Well, you're doing it in a big way and we are all very grateful!
Same with Allison Riepe!!

I agree, Luke!  And I wish Allison Riepe would come on the forum and talk to us, too!
   Narconon Reviews

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
I can't wait to "See what happened when we grilled the head of the Department of Community Health about it, and why he's now decided to open a new investigation, Tuesday at 5."  ;D
They brushed complaints aside and hopefully have learned the errors of their ways (publicity hurts when you are not doing a good job).