Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 226509 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I can't wait to "See what happened when we grilled the head of the Department of Community Health about it, and why he's now decided to open a new investigation, Tuesday at 5."  ;D
They brushed complaints aside and hopefully have learned the errors of their ways (publicity hurts when you are not doing a good job).

;D  I'm very excited about seeing that too, and curious what the AJC will have. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline loriisbored

• On the path to knowledge
I just watched a few of those videos, and i recognized at least a one person shown anonymously. (did anyone else catch the guy in the corner of the sauna hiding his face?)

"These are not the most truthful people." mary is such a lying bitch. I would guarentee unless that was a suprise visit, that the students were coached on what to say. and i would also be willing to bet that mary "forgot" to mention the part about how she told each one of them that they were promised an inpatient facility.

mary needs to learn how to "confront"...her "buttons" sure were pushed in those interviews...she needs to review her bullbaiting trs! lol

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Mary needs to learn to add before she signs narCONon of Georgia's Form 990s. I just started looking at their 990 for 2010 and already found two significant (over $1,000) math errors on the first page. And I'm just an amatuer at this.

The Desmond's attorney may want to have a tax account look them over for the past few years to see if they're trying to hide any assests.

BigBeard

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
I just watched a few of those videos, and i recognized at least a one person shown anonymously. (did anyone else catch the guy in the corner of the sauna hiding his face?)

Interesting. I thought that sauna footage may have just been generic Narconon International footage. I did not know the sauna in Doraville were that large. Aren't there 2 dry sauna,s at that location?

• High Value Target
Mary needs to learn to add before she signs narCONon of Georgia's Form 990s. I just started looking at their 990 for 2010 and already found two significant (over $1,000) math errors on the first page. And I'm just an amatuer at this.

The Desmond's attorney may want to have a tax account look them over for the past few years to see if they're trying to hide any assests.
Y--O-||

Offline loriisbored

• On the path to knowledge

Interesting. I thought that sauna footage may have just been generic Narconon International footage. I did not know the sauna in Doraville were that large. Aren't there 2 dry sauna,s at that location?

well, the one i knew of for sure (by his posture) was in the shot where the two guys were walking towards the classroom building at Norcross. and the shot from the sauna may have been stock footage, but the guy in the corner looked very familiar to me. also, before i made it to sauna(around late february) they upgraded the "small box" to be about the same size as the other box(15 max people per a box which equals everyone sweating on eachother). but, by the time i was almost done with sauna there were so many students that they sent us in two different shifts. the smart thing to have done would have been to rent/buy the empty space on either side and combined it into a 4 box sauna. but of course that could not happen. mary needs her louis vitton purses.

on a side note, when someone never blinks, is that a scientology thing or a pathological liar thing? because i honestly cant remember mary blinking once...

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot

on a side note, when someone never blinks, is that a scientology thing or a pathological liar thing? because i honestly cant remember mary blinking once...

Both. TR1, if I remember aright...

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline anonysamvines

• New Around Here
hi finally spotted the hint hint to me   ;)
am limited in what i can do but finally made it

also wanted to cross post this to see what you thought

would be quite profitable if we could find out which other students were also sentenced to inpatient rehab and thus which other courts na ga has deceived like it did the Florida one - and then some kindly soul tipped them off!
I sure wouldn't be surprised to find there are many - including many after this time and after Mary was questioned about it!

The courts may not be happy with NA then at all - not a good position for them to be in I suspect lol
I dare say the meeja would be interested too

Wonder if Alison Rieper (sp?) or any other whistle blower would be happy to help? Perhaps tipping point may have contacts in this regard.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
The courts may not be happy with NA then at all

NA is Narcotics Anonymous, a 12 step program totally seperate from, and having absolutely nothing to do with narCONon.

It's widely believed narCONon uses that name to deliberately cause confusion in peoples minds with NA.

BigBeard

• High Value Target

well, the one i knew of for sure (by his posture) was in the shot where the two guys were walking towards the classroom building at Norcross. and the shot from the sauna may have been stock footage, but the guy in the corner looked very familiar to me. also, before i made it to sauna(around late february) they upgraded the "small box" to be about the same size as the other box(15 max people per a box which equals everyone sweating on eachother). but, by the time i was almost done with sauna there were so many students that they sent us in two different shifts. the smart thing to have done would have been to rent/buy the empty space on either side and combined it into a 4 box sauna. but of course that could not happen. mary needs her louis vitton purses.

Super freaky stuff that non blnking thingie. Now you know a girl just HAS to have a nice hand bag n stuff.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
hi finally spotted the hint hint to me   ;)
am limited in what i can do but finally made it

Welcome to TP, anonysamvines!  I was particularly impressed with your comments about the depositions over on WWP.  Glad to have you here.   ;D

also wanted to cross post this to see what you thought

would be quite profitable if we could find out which other students were also sentenced to inpatient rehab and thus which other courts na ga has deceived like it did the Florida one - and then some kindly soul tipped them off!
I sure wouldn't be surprised to find there are many - including many after this time and after Mary was questioned about it!

The courts may not be happy with NA then at all - not a good position for them to be in I suspect lol

I, and I am sure some others here also, have a LOT of interest in finding out which courts are sending clients to Narconon, or allowing them to go (as was the case for the Desmonds).  We did a Georgia sheriffs innoculation project, but that was before the deaths in Oklahoma, and before the Desmond case went into overdrive, (looking back, it was before the Desmond case was even filed).  Don't know if it had any impact, though.

It would be good to warn the drug courts now that there are so many utterly damning court documents that have come out.

I dare say the meeja would be interested too

The meeja?

Wonder if Alison Rieper (sp?) or any other whistle blower would be happy to help? Perhaps tipping point may have contacts in this regard.

It would be great to have Allison Riepe on here.  Maybe she'll google her name and find us.

I've got a little bit of information about the drug courts.  I wonder if Luke and BMF have any info about them.  I'll dig up what I know about over the next day or two and start a thread about it, or feel free to start a thread yourself if you'd like.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

Wow, BigBeard, that's pretty significant.

Aren't those two things really one in the same?   :D
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Welcome, all new members. Your participation here is appreciated!

:w:e:l:c:o:m:e:

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Here's a video of Gordy Weinand at the State Capitol in 2010.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dq38ovcsU&feature=youtu.be
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
 Not my intention to derail,but with both documents coming to light in this case and first hand experiences with a state of Georgia agency,I serious wonder if this whole affair needs to be looked at by an agency with the knowledge and expertise that would be unbiased as to the outcome. I personally feel it is time to let those with that knowledge,expertise and resources do what they do best.

http://www.fbi.gov/atlanta/

Criminal Priorities

4. Combat public corruption at all levels

Corruption in government threatens our country’s democracy and national security, impacting everything from how well our borders are secured and our neighborhoods protected…to verdicts handed down in courts…to the quality of our roads and schools. And it takes a significant toll on our pocketbooks, too, wasting billions of tax dollars every year.

Our investigations in Atlanta focus on violations of federal law by public officials in local, state, and federal government—such as bribery, contract and procurement fraud, antitrust, environmental crimes, and election fraud, as well as violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

For more information on the FBI’s national efforts, see our Public Corruption webpage. And see our Press Room for current cases and our Atlanta History page for past investigations.

7. Combat major white-collar crime

Fraud—the art of deliberate deception for unlawful gain—is as old as history; the term “white-collar crime” was reportedly coined in 1939 and has since become synonymous with the full range of frauds committed by business and government professionals. Today’s financial criminals and con artists are more savvy and sophisticated than ever, engineering everything from complex stock and health care frauds and intellectual property rip-offs.

We have numerous investigators dedicated to fighting white-collar crime in the Atlanta Division. These investigators focus on mortgage fraud, health care fraud, corporate fraud, securities and commodities fraud, insurance fraud, asset forfeiture/money laundering, bankruptcy fraud, government fraud, and hedge fund fraud.

For more information, see our White-Collar Crime webpage. And see our Press Room for current cases and our Atlanta History page for past investigations.

Offline anonysamvines

• New Around Here

Welcome to TP, anonysamvines!  I was particularly impressed with your comments about the depositions over on WWP.  Glad to have you here.   ;D

thank you  :)  hope to get some more covered soon (health and onscreen keyboard usage allowing)

I, and I am sure some others here also, have a LOT of interest in finding out which courts are sending clients to Narconon, or allowing them to go (as was the case for the Desmonds).  We did a Georgia sheriffs innoculation project, but that was before the deaths in Oklahoma, and before the Desmond case went into overdrive, (looking back, it was before the Desmond case was even filed).  Don't know if it had any impact, though.

It would be good to warn the drug courts now that there are so many utterly damning court documents that have come out.
that is exactly the kind of thing i was thinking of, unfortunately i am in the uk (would be happy to contribute to the costs as funds allow though).  That campaign was brilliant.  No chance of them saying we didn't know/had no way of knowing!

That kind of thing sent to the drug courts would give them a heads up, for which they should be appreciative, and if not then if anything similar happens in their jurisdiction they cannot use the "we didn't know" defence in the media - as some nice caring soul could point out .....

With the drug courts it would be most profitable to include a copy of Lisa Mooty's deposition (possibly the probation officer's and relevant parts of Allison's too) !!  I am sure they would not wish to be in the same position and would double check any previous and current clients and paperwork.  And also be very wary of any future referrals.

If any further occurrences of deception were to be found they may also be helpful to teh awesome Jeff and Rebecca lawfag team in proving beyond any (un)reasonable doubt that it was not only deliberate policy of Mary but also NN Int.

The meeja?
oops will try harder at the typing - media, can you imagine the shit storm if some could be found?

I've got a little bit of information about the drug courts.  I wonder if Luke and BMF have any info about them.  I'll dig up what I know about over the next day or two and start a thread about it, or feel free to start a thread yourself if you'd like.
Lisa Mooty may also be a good place to try for drug court info too. She really seemed concerned. She mentioned that all the Florida drug courts have some sort of association (and i bet/hope NN won't be getting any more approvals there), they may possibly have contacts in other states too.

I would also like to add that should anyone be contacting anyone about more stringent legislation for rehabs,  PLEASE PLEASE be sure to add the need for regulations for the advertising and referral system.  These "advisors" are equally as complicit and dangerous!!
This is one of many threads, and a good resource on why
https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/informed-treatment-rehabwatcher-beau-griffis-mega-thread.104076/

Offline anonysamvines

• New Around Here

I finally got round to checking Jeff's firm's site, they do have a   forensic accountant on staff. http://www.hpllegal.com/overview/other-professionals/brian-bradley

I wonder if he has contact with anyone as knowledgeable as you on Co$ and their standard, across the whole spectrum of companies, accounting tricks. 

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
The official transcript of the July 19, 2012 hearing before Judge Hydrick on the Desmonds' Motion for Sanctions was filed today.

Should be an intertaining read.

Also, an Order dropping the hammer on Narconon of GA should be forthcoming soon.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The official transcript of the July 19, 2012 hearing before Judge Hydrick on the Desmonds' Motion for Sanctions was filed today.

Should be an intertaining read.

Also, an Order dropping the hammer on Narconon of GA should be forthcoming soon.

Thanks for the info, Witnessman.
-Dalai Lama