Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 226892 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
This ^^^ means Judge Tracey refused to grant NN et al. an evenue of Appeal???

Stacey.  Judge Stacey Hydrick.  A true hero.

If YES, this ^^^ just keeps widening my smiles :)

Mine too!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Glad you corrected that :) I thought another judge was petitioned, lol
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
:-(8/  Hi to Barbara Marschalk (Narconon's attorney of Drew Eckl & Farnham)
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
:-(8/  Hi to Barbara Marschalk (Narconon's attorney of Drew Eckl & Farnham)

You're so bad!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I think ethercat's got it. I'd love to see them trying to appeal having a bunch of lies admitted on appeal after the case is done. :)
BigBeard

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
IMO, I think everyone on Tipping Point has done, and doing an AWESOME job of updating Narconon News as it happens (better than any CNN reporter could do), and ya'-all' should be very proud of yourselves in working towards the safety and protection of desperate, suffering victims.

It is incredibly AMAZING how so many people all over the internet work towards this ^^^ goal of awareness with no Leader, no real organization - - just because we care.

“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

||O||

*S*(*oo
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
With what's going on these days regarding law suits, and subsequent negative publicity, against NN these days, I'm a little surprised the "1-800-XXX-XXXX" class action law sharks you see all over TV haven't jumped all over narCONon yet.

BigBeard

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
With what's going on these days regarding law suits, and subsequent negative publicity, against NN these days, I'm a little surprised the "1-800-XXX-XXXX" class action law sharks you see all over TV haven't jumped all over narCONon yet.

Yes, me too. There are issues of 'Statute of limitations', but in many cases, it is not from the time a Victim "leaves" Narconon, but when the "Psycological" or "Physical" harm is diagnosed or potential therein. This could be in the form of PTSD or blood tests indication liver damage, high liver enzyme counts. The difficulty in the physical cases, is proving it is related to Narconon. Very complex, but attainable. The other issue is, many (as high as 90%), have relapsed soon after leaving Narconon and finding them is difficult, proving harm is not related to relapse; and also them being willing to participate in a Class Action? However, it most probably, would be much easier to move forward with a Class Action by the Parents of addicts or "Sponsors" who were duped, conned etc, through online fraud and misrepresentation. The latter is the direction I would go if I were a Lawyer - - and I thak God I'm not :)
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
IMO, I think everyone on Tipping Point has done, and doing an AWESOME job of updating Narconon News as it happens (better than any CNN reporter could do), and ya'-all' should be very proud of yourselves in working towards the safety and protection of desperate, suffering victims.

It is incredibly AMAZING how so many people all over the internet work towards this ^^^ goal of awareness with no Leader, no real organization - - just because we care.

“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

||O||

*S*(*oo

Thanks! We admire your efforts too :-)
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
||O||

*S*(*oo

Wow, thank you David!  That is so nice of you to say.   :OV--*
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
The way I understand it (that is, just barely, but perhaps someone else here understands it better than me) is that the judge won't let them interrupt the case in the middle to appeal, but they still have the right of appeal after the case is over.

Yes, after the trial and entry of a final judgment, the losing parties have a right to pursue a direct appeal to the GA Court of Appeals. 

Judge Stacy Hydrick declined to sign off on a certificate for immediate review, which was a prequiste for NNGA then being able to file a request for interlocutory appeal.  The Court of Appeals would have had discretionary authority to either allow or decline the request for interlocutory appeal, but Judge Hydrick's saying No to the certificate for immediate review ended the matter.

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
The way I understand it (that is, just barely, but perhaps someone else here understands it better than me) is that the judge won't let them interrupt the case in the middle to appeal, but they still have the right of appeal after the case is over.

Yes, after the trial and entry of a final judgment, the losing parties have a right to pursue a direct appeal to the GA Court of Appeals. 

Judge Stacy Hydrick declined to sign off on a certificate for immediate review, which was a prequiste for NNGA then being able to file a request for interlocutory appeal.  The Court of Appeals would have had discretionary authority to either allow or decline the request for interlocutory appeal, but Judge Hydrick's saying No to the certificate for immediate review ended the matter.

This ^^^ is so much VERY GOOD NEWS :)
An Ol' Irish Quote:

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
 8:O8P|()  says no no no!

Thank you, Witnessman. 
   Narconon Reviews

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
It is still tough to fight NN because they lie and use the legal system to cost plaintiffs as much time and money as possible. I think that will change somewhat with all of the proof of these antics becoming so readily available.

I totally love this site because in the past, if a person (such as myself) had a some information or had found something of interest on-line, they did not have good places to share with those who might benefit from that information. Because of this site information can be gathered and stored so that it is accessible to those who can make good use of the information and are fighting the con.

THANK YOU to those who keep this site running!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
^^^^
Thanks for participating here!
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I totally love this site because in the past, if a person (such as myself) had a some information or had found something of interest on-line, they did not have good places to share with those who might benefit from that information. Because of this site information can be gathered and stored so that it is accessible to those who can make good use of the information and are fighting the con.

THANK YOU to those who keep this site running!

Oh, wow, that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about us!  Thank you!  But really, it's everyone who participates who make the site what it is.  I'm really thankful to have the members we do, and glad to have the kind of focused conversations we have here. 

:OV--*
   Narconon Reviews

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     ORDER FILED
Docket Filing Date     15-NOV-2012
Associated Party     None
Text     
    COUNSEL FOR THE PARTIES IN THIS CASE APPEAR FOR A HEARING ON PLTF'S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY SANCTIONS AGST NARCONON INTERNATIONAL ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH, 2013 AT 1:00 P.M. - TYD

Nice way to start the new year! 8-^*

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
Thanks for the info.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
    Description     ORDER FILED
    Docket Filing Date     15-NOV-2012
    Associated Party     None
    Text     
        COUNSEL FOR THE PARTIES IN THIS CASE APPEAR FOR A HEARING ON PLTF'S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY SANCTIONS AGST NARCONON INTERNATIONAL ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH, 2013 AT 1:00 P.M. - TYD

I though the motion would come sooner  :(   

Narconon Int must be dragging this out.  ::)

Desperate measures for a desperate organization  ;D