Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 237899 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I have mixed feelings about this. I'd rather see Mary face justice in the courtroom, more than Davey's justice.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 19:07 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
I just got word from a very reliable source that Mary Rieser has been at Flag in Clearwater for several weeks and no sign of her immediate return.  I'm assuming she is getting sec-checked within and inch of her life ...

Lucas:  Do you happen to have any intel or good ideas about whether Rena Weinberg is alive, where she is, or why she was disappeared?  Thanks!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I have mixed feelings about this. I'd rather see Mary face justice in the courtroom, rather than Davey's justice.

Oh, I think she'll still get the courtroom justice, if she survives Flag.  She is, after all, still the one who was executive director when Patrick died, and when the case was filed.

I'm with snippy.  I hope she will be ok.  I may not like her much, and I hate what she's done and said, but she really needs to smarten up and start telling the truth.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Lucas:  Do you happen to have any intel or good ideas about whether Rena Weinberg is alive, where she is, or why she was disappeared?  Thanks!

I don't as of yet, but I wish I did.  Her disappearance was a big factor for my continuing to search for answers.  The last I have is that she was still at Int Base in Hemet, CA, as was mentioned by Tony Ortega this summer.  I'd certainly like to talk to her.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
I just got word from a very reliable source that Mary Rieser has been at Flag in Clearwater for several weeks and no sign of her immediate return.  I'm assuming she is getting sec-checked within and inch of her life and to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars at her expense and also getting her Committee of Evidence.  She was summoned there after the WSB series ran, I believe prior to the protest and the sanctions being announced.

She may have her license stripped from her for being caught lying publicly (apparently they only think its bad if you get caught) and bankrupting NN GA - because the church, ABLE and Narconon all need a scapegoat and she's it for this tragedy.  It enables the higher organizations to not have to be responsible to pin it all on her.  I'd be very surprised if NN GA as it is still exists in six months, and I bet they try to do a new corporation/ restructuring with a different executive director and board of directors.  If Mary was smart (which she is not), then she should run now and tell all she can before they completely waste her like a snotty tissue.

Wow! Where would she get the money for all the sec-checking? For that matter how does anyone handle having their brain messed with via said actions? After what happens to her in Clearwater, how on earth will she be able to act or react like a normal individual when put on the stand during trial? We have already read how she acted within the depositions, I cannot fathom what her next appearance will be like. CL, in your opinion will the N of G board of directors be getting sec-checked also? I mean they had to know what was going on @ N of G that has led us to this point in time. They too lied.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Here's hoping the Desmond's attorneys don't lose sight of the fact NN GA is in fact controlled by NN Int and ABLE. And according to ABLE's 990 they're sitting on $5 million+ in CD's.

If criminal charges are filed regarding the reported insurance fraud I wonder if MR will return to GA, or will she suddenly find herself needed at an overseas narCONon??

BigBeard

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Here's hoping the Desmond's attorneys don't lose sight of the fact NN GA is in fact controlled by NN Int and ABLE. And according to ABLE's 990 they're sitting on $5 million+ in CD's. ...

I believe the hearing for sanctions against NN INT is scheduled for tomorrow, so it seems a safe bet they will not be forgotten! :-OP|

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
wynot,
I think that hearing is next month:
Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     ORDER FILED
Docket Filing Date     15-NOV-2012
Associated Party     None
Text     
    COUNSEL FOR THE PARTIES IN THIS CASE APPEAR FOR A HEARING ON PLTF'S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY SANCTIONS AGST NARCONON INTERNATIONAL ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH, 2013 AT 1:00 P.M. - TYD

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
There's been quite a bit of activity on the Desmond v NN GA, NN INT case docket recently, including the addition of new lawyers for NN INT:

Case ID: 10A28641

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
    06-DEC-2012     OF ATTY JAY D BENNETT, ATTY WIILLIAM R MITCHELSON JR & ATTY DANIEL F DIFFLEY AS COUNSELS FOR DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL

MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON PLEADNG     06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNTAIONAL'S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT ON ALL CLAIMS& MOTION TO DISMISS FOR LACK OF PERSONAL JURISDICTION

BRIEF IN SUPPORT     06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S BRIEF IN SUPPORT OFITS MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT ON ALL CLAIMS & MOTION TO DISMISS FORLACK OF PERSONAL JURISDICTION

STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS
    06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS AS TO WHICH THERE IS NO GENUINE ISSUE TO BE TRIED

STMNT OF THEORY OF RECOVERY     06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S STATEMENT OF THEORIES OF PLTFS NON-RECOVERY

AFFIDAVIT     06-DEC-2012     OF MARIA E DELGADO-WEBB    

AFFIDAVIT
    06-DEC-2012     OF CLARK CARR    

REQUEST FOR ORAL ARGUMENT
    06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S REQT FOR ORAL ARGUMENT    

BRIEF IN OPPOSITION     05-DEC-2012     NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S BRIEF IN OPPOSITION TO PLTFS MOTION FOR DISCOVERY SANCTIONS

MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON PLEADNG     04-DEC-2012     NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S MOTION FOR JUDGMNT ON THE PLEADINGS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT OR PARTIAL SUMMARY JUDGMENT

MEMORANDUM     04-DEC-2012        NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF ITS MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADING, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT OR PARTIAL SUMMARY JUDGMENT

STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS     04-DEC-2012     NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS AS TO WHICH THERE IS NO GENUINE ISSUE TO BE TRIED

REQUEST     04-DEC-2012     TO DEF NNGA'S REQTS FOR ADMISSIONS TO PLTFS, DEPOSITION OF ALLISON RIEPE, DEPOSITION OF BRADLEY TAYLOR AND DEPOSITION OF B O TAKEN OCT 21,2011

STMNT OF THEORY OF RECOVERY     04-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S STATEMENT OF THEORIES OF RECOVERY    

REQUEST     04-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S REQT FOR ORAL HEARING

http://www.ojs.dekalbga.org/servlet/page?_pageid=54,301&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
wynot,
I think that hearing is next month:
Docket Text Details

Case ID     10A28641
Description     ORDER FILED
Docket Filing Date     15-NOV-2012
Associated Party     None
Text     
    COUNSEL FOR THE PARTIES IN THIS CASE APPEAR FOR A HEARING ON PLTF'S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY SANCTIONS AGST NARCONON INTERNATIONAL ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH, 2013 AT 1:00 P.M. - TYD

Oops; I wonder how I got that far off the timeline; must be those damned bodythetans! More Auditine(TM), please!

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
It appears that NN Ga and Int are desperate to avoid a jury trial, where their crimes are much harder to hide from the world. _[:o

'til next time;
wynot

Jacob Riis

Offline Albion

• Met Xenu
Another post up on Narconon at Infinite Complacency. Parking it here, as I'm
not quite sure where to put it on the site. Feel free to tow it away to somewhere
more appropriate.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2012/12/narconon-is-casualty-contact.html

Narconon is a variation on “casualty contact”, a recruitment
policy Hubbard developed for Scientology in the 1950s, as
internal documents make clear.

Still working on the background before trying to tackle individual cases.

Jonny J.

Offline loriisbored

• On the path to knowledge
"Go to Narconon. Go directly to Narconon. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200."

i have never read truer words spoke...

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Another post up on Narconon at Infinite Complacency. Parking it here, as I'm
not quite sure where to put it on the site. Feel free to tow it away to somewhere
more appropriate.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2012/12/narconon-is-casualty-contact.html

Narconon is a variation on “casualty contact”, a recruitment
policy Hubbard developed for Scientology in the 1950s, as
internal documents make clear.

Still working on the background before trying to tackle individual cases.

Jonny J.
Excellent article and research! Much appreciated

We have seen how, with Casualty Contact and the Illness Research, Hubbard was perfectly ready to stoop to ambulance chasing in the hunt for new recruits.

Narconon should be seen at the logical evolution of this approach.

For with Narconon, Scientologists no longer had to go looking for the sick; now, the sick came to Scientology – or rather its pseudo-medical alter ego.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:04 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
There's been quite a bit of activity on the Desmond v NN GA, NN INT case docket recently, including the addition of new lawyers for NN INT:

Case ID: 10A28641

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
    06-DEC-2012     OF ATTY JAY D BENNETT, ATTY WIILLIAM R MITCHELSON JR & ATTY DANIEL F DIFFLEY AS COUNSELS FOR DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL

MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON PLEADNG     06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNTAIONAL'S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT ON ALL CLAIMS& MOTION TO DISMISS FOR LACK OF PERSONAL JURISDICTION

BRIEF IN SUPPORT     06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S BRIEF IN SUPPORT OFITS MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT ON ALL CLAIMS & MOTION TO DISMISS FORLACK OF PERSONAL JURISDICTION

STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS
    06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS AS TO WHICH THERE IS NO GENUINE ISSUE TO BE TRIED

STMNT OF THEORY OF RECOVERY     06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S STATEMENT OF THEORIES OF PLTFS NON-RECOVERY

AFFIDAVIT     06-DEC-2012     OF MARIA E DELGADO-WEBB    

AFFIDAVIT
    06-DEC-2012     OF CLARK CARR    

REQUEST FOR ORAL ARGUMENT
    06-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S REQT FOR ORAL ARGUMENT    

BRIEF IN OPPOSITION     05-DEC-2012     NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S BRIEF IN OPPOSITION TO PLTFS MOTION FOR DISCOVERY SANCTIONS

MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON PLEADNG     04-DEC-2012     NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S MOTION FOR JUDGMNT ON THE PLEADINGS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT OR PARTIAL SUMMARY JUDGMENT

MEMORANDUM     04-DEC-2012        NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF ITS MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADING, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT OR PARTIAL SUMMARY JUDGMENT

STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS     04-DEC-2012     NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S STATEMENT OF MATERIAL FACTS AS TO WHICH THERE IS NO GENUINE ISSUE TO BE TRIED

REQUEST     04-DEC-2012     TO DEF NNGA'S REQTS FOR ADMISSIONS TO PLTFS, DEPOSITION OF ALLISON RIEPE, DEPOSITION OF BRADLEY TAYLOR AND DEPOSITION OF B O TAKEN OCT 21,2011

STMNT OF THEORY OF RECOVERY     04-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S STATEMENT OF THEORIES OF RECOVERY    

REQUEST     04-DEC-2012     DEF NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC'S REQT FOR ORAL HEARING

http://www.ojs.dekalbga.org/servlet/page?_pageid=54,301&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30

Lots of dox flying recently. Wonder what NN Int's excuses are, lol

BTW, That link ( BOLDED ) doesn't work because one has to log in as individual first before accessing a page.  People can go here 
http://www.ojs.dekalbga.org
or here:
http://www.ojs.dekalbga.org/servlet/page?_pageid=60&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30

search for case # 10A28641
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Oh, more from the docket.

OBJECTION     12-DEC-2012     JNW-- NON PARTY CHUCK CLARKE'S OBJECTION TO AND MOTION TO QUASH PENDING SUBPOENA AND BRIEF IN SUPPORT

NOTICE     11-DEC-2012     NOTICE OF HEARING - THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2013 AT 10:00 A.M./TYD

Curious about who Chuck Clarke is and if he's the person pending being subpoened and why who ever is wanting to Quash it, lol
Perhaps it's Deb Danos from the church. She was the last to be subpoened
Docket Text Details

Case ID      10A28641
Description      RULE 5.2 CERTIFICATE
Docket Filing Date      21-SEP-2012
Associated Party      JEFFREY R HARRIS
Text      
     AT / PLTF NOTICE TO TAKE DEPO DUCES TECUM OF DEB DANOS

Docket Text Details

Case ID      10A28641
Description      RESPONSE TO MOTION
Docket Filing Date      03-DEC-2012
Associated Party      None
Text      
     AADINO - OF DEB DANOS TO PLTFS MOTION TO COMPEL AGAINST A NON-PARTY

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
OPPOSITION 21-DEC-2012 JNW-- DEFENDANT NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S OPPOSITION TO PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER REGARDING PLAINTIFFS' DEPOSITIONS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE PLAINTIFFS' FROM TESTIFYING IN SUPPORT OF THEIR FIRST AMENDED COMPLAINT AT THE TIME OF TRIAL and/or FOR TRIAL CONTINUANCE
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
OPPOSITION 21-DEC-2012 JNW-- DEFENDANT NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S OPPOSITION TO PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER REGARDING PLAINTIFFS' DEPOSITIONS, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE PLAINTIFFS' FROM TESTIFYING IN SUPPORT OF THEIR FIRST AMENDED COMPLAINT AT THE TIME OF TRIAL and/or FOR TRIAL CONTINUANCE

Looks like Narconon Int wants the depositions of the plaintiff's ( most recent ones called last month? or so since amended complaint was filed or the previous ones? ) to be open for use in trial instead of protected under a protective order because something in them is to their benefit?

And if they can't get the  judge to deny the plaintiff's Protective Order , in the alternative, they want the judge to prevent the plaintifffs from testifying at trial in support of their amended complaint.

Can't wait to see this document and the plaintiff's motion for protective order. And the exhibits attached that explain the whys.

Thanks for update, mefree :)

Protective order
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
#REDIRECT Injunction

Injunction
  (Redirected from Protective order)

For restraining or protective orders (family law & harassment), see Restraining order.

An injunction is an equitable remedy in the form of a court order that requires a party to do or refrain from doing specific acts. A party that fails to comply with an injunction faces criminal or civil penalties and may have to pay damages or accept sanctions. In some cases, breaches of injunctions are considered serious criminal offenses that merit arrest and possible prison sentences.

Motion in limine

In U.S. law, a motion in limine (Latin: "at the start") (pronounced \in-ˈlē-mi-ˌne\) is a written "request" or motion to a judge that can be used for civil or criminal proceedings, and at the State or Federal level. A frequent use is at a pre-trial hearing or during an actual trial, requesting that the judge rule that certain testimony regarding evidence or information may be included or excluded. The motion is always discussed outside the presence of the jury and is always decided by a judge. The reasons for the motions are wide and varied, but probably the most frequent use of the motion in limine in a criminal trial is to shield the jury from information concerning the defendant that could possibly be unfairly prejudicial to him if heard at trial.[1] Some others arise under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for failure to comply with discovery.[2][3][4]

A motion in limine is used to get a ruling to allow for the inclusion of evidence, not only to get a ruling as to whether or not evidence will be precluded from trial.

Such a motion or order is said to be "in limine", which one commentary states is Latin for "at the outset" They are made "preliminary", and it is presented for consideration of the judge (or arbitrator or hearing officer) to be decided without before the merits are reached.[5]:791
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_in_limine

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Martin Cohen was listed at one time as the registered agent and CEO for Pur-o-Cleanse (NNGA sauna). He's next in line for a video deposition.
CERTIF OF SVC AS TO DISCOVER     26-DEC-2012     MB- PLTFS NOTICE TO TAKE VIDEOTAPE DEPOSITION OF MARTIN COHEN
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Martin Cohen was listed at one time as the registered agent and CEO for Pur-o-Cleanse (NNGA sauna). He's next in line for a video deposition.
CERTIF OF SVC AS TO DISCOVER     26-DEC-2012     MB- PLTFS NOTICE TO TAKE VIDEOTAPE DEPOSITION OF MARTIN COHEN

ooo}  This should be fun. He's Jamie Thompson's uncle! He also was mentioned in her depo. And Mary's I believe. Narconon owed him money for the housing and he resorted to certified letters in order to get it. Mary accused hm of extortion, lol. What a joke. Calling people criminal because they ask for what they are owe. So predictable.

Can't wait to see what dox Cohen's got!