Author Topic: [Yahoo] John Travolta Slammed For Supporting Scientology Rehab Program At Center Of Wrongful Death L  (Read 2465 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
John Travolta Slammed For Supporting Scientology Rehab Program At Center Of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
5 December 2012, 6:41 am

By Radar Staff Scientology power couple John Travolta and Kelly Preston have been dragged into the controversy surrounding a wrong­ful death lawsuit that has been filed against the controversial Scientology associated drug rehab program, Narcanon. The two stars, along with other high profile Hollywood Scientologists, including Kirstie Alley and Tom Cruise , have publicly given strong support ...

More at
http://m.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/12/scientology-narcanon-rehab-center-wrongful-death-lawsuit-relatives-john-travolta
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 17:33 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
News Thetan gave us the mobile link.  Here's a nicer looking version of the story:
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/12/scientology-narcanon-rehab-center-wrongful-death-lawsuit-relatives-john-travolta

(And yet again, someone spelled it narcAnon - it is narCONon.)

Lucas Catton, the former president of the facility, along with relatives of those who died during treatment, have slammed Travolta for offering his support and finances to Narcanon, according to an exclusive report in the new issue of the National Enquirer, and RadarOnline.com has the details.
A representative for the Church of Scientology did not deny that Narcanon is associated with the Organization, but said that the rehab facil­ity in Oklahoma was not, and is not managed or controlled by the Church.

He added: “There was nothing that the Church of Scientology did, or failed to do, which caused or contributed to the fatalities at Narconon Arrowhead.”

The spokes­man also said that doctor/patient privacy laws prevented him from commenting on individual cases.

Luke, were you interviewed by the National Enquirer?  If you were, I might have to break down and get a copy.

Good comment there by Derek Bloch, who by the way, was raised in scientology and has recently done a Through the Door interview:

First of all, thank you Jesus, someone is finally holding these people accountable.

It says that a spokesman for the church said that Narconon Arrowhead has no affiliation with the church and was not managed by Scientology, even though he did not deny that the program itself was affiliated with Scientology.

In the same breath he says he cannot comment on individual cases because of doctor/patient privilege. If the person being interviewed had no affiliation with Narconon, how would he have that much information that he had to worry about revealing too much info?

He shouldn't even have that much info if he is not affiliated with Narconon.

Also how is it that his relationship with the deceased was a "doctor/patient" relationship if he has no affiliation with Narconon?
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Yes, I spoke several times with a reporter for American Media, Inc. The company owns several magazines, and at first I didn't know it was going to be the Enquirer.  Apparently there were more than one reporters working on the story, and I may have been misquoted, but will hold my comments until after I read it.  I'm hoping it's not complete trash!  Every now and then the Enquirer comes up with a gem, so who knows...

As for Derek, he's a smart guy.  His story is hear breaking, like so many others.  Ex-Sea Org staff I think have the most difficult time, and hats off to him for his perseverance.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Yes, I spoke several times with a reporter for American Media, Inc. The company owns several magazines, and at first I didn't know it was going to be the Enquirer.  Apparently there were more than one reporters working on the story, and I may have been misquoted, but will hold my comments until after I read it.  I'm hoping it's not complete trash!

I've only been quoted in articles a few times, but those few times, they chose one sentence from a whole conversation, didn't print the surrounding context, and the comment just didn't have the same meaning it did originally when I said it.  I've never had my words actually changed, but the effect was the same.  I can understand perfectly why PR people feel they must "prepare a statement".  I hope you'll be quoted accurately and that you'll be happy with what they quoted.  (I guess the article is out now, but I'm behind on many things and having trouble keeping up.  I still need to listen to your recent interview by Radio Paul also.)

Every now and then the Enquirer comes up with a gem, so who knows...

The good thing about it being in the Enquirer is that it's pervasive in reaching an audience all the other stories don't.  Grocery lines, hair salons, doctors' offices; it will get eyes that all the forums, websites, and newpapers don't.

As for Derek, he's a smart guy.  His story is hear breaking, like so many others.  Ex-Sea Org staff I think have the most difficult time, and hats off to him for his perseverance.

Yes, he's very lucid, and he hasn't been out that long, since April 2012.  He quit believing, if he ever truly did believe, long before he left.  Another victim of disconnection, but not really as much a victim now, I think, as he is a survivor.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
 (:E(

For what its worth,when in the check out line at the local super market, the NE is always very visible. So from a PR perspective,I,d have to say this is a good thing in regard to visually peeking the consumers interest,then tying the mags recent cover material to "Scientology and NarCONon " as being fringe looney tunes groups best avoided like the plague.

Then again,I can remember as a little boy reading the NE. The stuff between its pages was better than any comic book out at the time! JFK is still alive and living with Elvis in a top secret location!

:-D^\^\

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The Sun used to have the wackiest headlines. I think someone on WWP has it right. Between National Enquirer and his video with Olivia Newton-John circulating, Travolta has become the new Batboy.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
The Sun used to have the wackiest headlines. I think someone on WWP has it right. Between National Enquirer and his video with Olivia Newton-John circulating, Travolta has become the new Batboy.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
 After watching that video, I think Bart Simpson says it best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnZQF-3UHag

Now about Johns appearance, as in visual. That is the worst hair dye job I have ever seen,that and his face looks like its made of plastic.