Author Topic: Rally at the Australian Consulate  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
Rally at the Australian Consulate
« on: February 01, 2010, 13:06 »
So the vote was delayed till this month so it occurred to me that if we wanted to get out and do something it should be relatively soon. Dearest Alp and I tried working out a day a while back but rain and lack of support dissuaded us from actually showing up.

I'm sure weekends work better for everyone but since the consulate is only open M-F I think it would possibly be best if we go out during the week.

This week I have time available Friday and Saturday this week but as previously stated I honestly think a Friday would be better.  I have to work at 3 but anytime before that would work for me. We need no permit in the city of Atlanta to protest/rally but the rules are slightly different in relation to signs and such.  I have a list of the rules and guidelines if anyone would like to see them. We'll need some new signs and pamphlets specifically oriented to this but I already have a few set aside from our fail rally attempt.

I talked to Lolita vaguely about it and she seemed in other than not knowing who Xenophon was. :-/ Anyone else even vaguely interested? We can post something on the public boards if you guys want once we gets more of an idea of who'd like to come along. <3

EDIT: Oops. I suppose you want to know where the consulate is. Haha. It is near Lenox mall in buckhead.  Here is the website with the address and all.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/missions/countries/usat.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 13:10 by Sarcasm Pirate »

Offline Alp

• Joker and Degrader
Re: Rally at the Australian Consulate
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 13:27 »
I still want to do this.
Religion is free. Scientology is neither.

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 13:39 »
Then come. :-) I'll buy you some frozen yogurt. <3

Raven

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 17:30 »
I can do friday until about 3

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 17:35 »
Sadly, I cannot participate. I'm glad the idea resurfaced.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 17:54 »
I'll do my best to make it, as long as I know when xD  Google maps can help me get there.

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 20:22 »
I can't stay past really 2:30 anyway so that would be fine if you want to come Raven. :-)

Google maps can help you or if it is easier you can take MARTA.  Buckhead station is like a block away from the building I believe. Otherwise you'll have to park at the mall and walk I think.

I was thinking 11-12 possibly for time but idk. What works best for you guys who are interested?

Offline Alp

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 21:12 »
I second the idea for noon-ish. I would say 11, but my body would say "nope, stay asleep!"
Religion is free. Scientology is neither.

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 21:22 »
Alpaca (autocorrect and I'm keeping it. :-3) that is why we have coffee. :-D

I am fine with 12ish though if that is what everyone else would prefer.

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 08:54 »
My Friday's pretty open at the moment.  Noonish to threeish is doable.

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 20:47 »
Cool. So I'm thinking 12ish to 2ish with a trip into the mall for lunch before or after. (Y'all don't have to come but Sarcasm is a growing hungry girl and will require lunch. :-D)

I'm picking up sign making materials tomorrow to make a few new signs for this as well as to replace a few of our dead signs from last protest.

If anyone needs directions I suppose you can ask me. I am not good with road directions but I could probably aid you once you get in the perimeter.

Next question, do you guys think I should post this publicly too or just roll with a few people going?

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 21:56 »
Next question, do you guys think I should post this publicly too or just roll with a few people going?

I don't see why we shouldn't post it publicly.  Most people won't be able to make it anyway, and since we'll be at the Australian consulate and not at the org, it's not like the Sclions would be in much of a position to do much about it.

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 22:02 »
I don't see why we shouldn't post it publicly.  Most people won't be able to make it anyway, and since we'll be at the Australian consulate and not at the org, it's not like the Sclions would be in much of a position to do much about it.

Thank you ma'am. :-) I just wanted another opinion. I'm still learning my way around all this. I'll make some posts on WWP and ATL.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 09:46 »
Would it be alright if this thread is moved into the open Atlanta section on this forum? 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:00 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 09:48 »
I was actually just thinking that this morning EC. :-) I just wanted to have some coffee first before I posted so my thoughts were coherent and not zombie like.

Mods, please move this to the public section now. Thanks! :-D

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 09:48 »
Sounds go. Move it.

Raven

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 13:10 »
i won't have time to make up fliers or specific signs for this :(  Does anyone?  I can get stuff printed if someone makes it.

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 13:12 »
I'm making signs.  I bought some supplies today so I'll have that covered.  I'm just going to have to think of a way to carry a bunch on MARTA easily. :-/

I'm looking into the flyer thing right now.  I'll get back to you tonight about that and see if no one else volunteers.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 22:42 »
 Good luck and stay dry.

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 09:17 »
I've managed to fit Xenophon's speech onto two pages in teeny weeny eyestrain-o-vision, and I'll be making some two-sided copies to hand out if anybody asks why we're there.