Author Topic: April 24, 2010 Sandy Springs Ga protest  (Read 2546 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
April 24, 2010 Sandy Springs Ga protest
« on: April 24, 2010, 18:51 »
Sorry I missed it, but I was pinned to bed with a splintering headache so by the time it died down enough for me to pull on a raincoat and poke my head out, y'all had already gone home.  Think I may just go back to bed.

Sorry you couldn't make it before we were gone.  We left a little earlier than planned because of the weather.  If we'd had any inkling you might be interested, we could have called you to meet up with us for the after-meal.   :'( 

I had a sign that read "Scientology vs. Sandy Springs - Support the City!" on one side, and "Scientology makes a Bad Neighbor" on the other.  It went over pretty well and got thumb's ups and nods from a lot of the local citizens, and hopefully piqued the curiosity of the others who don't already know about the RLUIPA lawsuit.  I hope they will start asking some questions about what's going on.

Scientology called the police, to show the local force what a truly bad neighbor they can be.  There were 5 police cars that responded, but apparently we weren't much of a threat to them, because the police never came and talked to us, or asked to see our permit, or anything, though they did spend a while (maybe 20-30 minutes) talking to the lone scientologist parked in a difficult-to-see-but-not-completely-hidden spot who was taking pictures of us.  After the police left, the scientologist went over to the Post Office and started taking pictures of the cars parked there.  I hope none of the local Sandy Springs residents got tagged by mistake.   :o

It was a pretty good picket, considering the rain.  Scientologists were enturbulated; awareness was raised among the citizens.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 18:56 »
I'll just copy over what I wronte elsewhere xD

The weather was miserable! There was thunder, and rain ... and more rain ....... and more rain. But we had events!

Even though the cult is not yet occupying the building, they sent out someone to watch us and take pictures from the far end of the parking lot ... hiding behind their blue Kia SUV ... using their flash. They apparently called the police.

One police car parked in the middle turn lane across from the front parking entrance. Another police car parked behind the building (I think ... we didn't see it until the police were leaving), and the third drove a lap around the idle org, then talked with the Scilon in the Kia before they all left. As they left, some of them smiled and waved at us.

Eventually the Kia drove away. But first they drove to the post office lot and took pictures of several cars' plates, I guess hoping they were all our cars. Lol. Then they took a left on Glenridge and made an apparently very long loop back to Roswell Road. About five to ten minutes after leaving, they passed the front of the org and took our picture again ... with flash, inside their car. Luz! All they're getting is glare from that one!

A few minutes after that, another known Scientologist dove a lap through the parking lot.

Although the cult doesn't even yet have a sign up, people were honking, waving, giving us thumbs up, smiling, and pointing. Gee ... I guess Sandy Springs will be aware of Scientology's presence before they can even decide to call it a church or a Dianetics center.

One man stopped and yelled, "Are you protesting Scientology the religion?" Someone yelled back, "No! The corporation!" The guy gave a long, satisfied, "Ohhh!" and drove off.

Epic win, everyone. It was totally worth going out.

I'm sure I didn't cover everything so stand by for more!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 18:57 »
I will do the same.

Protest was wet!

I believe there was a total of 5 police cars. Kind of makes one wonder about the content of the initial call to police. To be honest, the police did not seem to be overly concerned about us. They didn't stop to talk to us or check our permit (of course we had one) and they waved good-bye. Nice.

We enjoyed much support in thumbs up, waves and honks from the Sandy Springs Community.

We are fairly accustomed to surreptitious photography by now, lol.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Sandy Springs Ga post protest photo's. 2/24/2010
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 18:59 »
 Rain,rain and more rain. It was great to see everyone. Lots of fun! I bet everyone has a different take on the day.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 19:05 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
Re: April 24, 2010 Sandy Springs Ga protest
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 20:19 »
Sorry you couldn't make it before we were gone.  We left a little earlier than planned because of the weather.  If we'd had any inkling you might be interested, we could have called you to meet up with us for the after-meal.   :'( 

I wouldn't have been very good company.  I was still a bit achy, but figured I should at least wave hello since y'all were in the neighborhood.  I thought about calling and asking where everybody was, but going back to bed and resting some more seemed to be a better option.

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 22:47 »

I wouldn't have been very good company.  I was still a bit achy, but figured I should at least wave hello since y'all were in the neighborhood.  I thought about calling and asking where everybody was, but going back to bed and resting some more seemed to be a better option.

Hope you feel better. There will be many more opportunities to come out and play!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 22:54 »
^^^
This! Hope you feel better soon. We missed you.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 16:11 »
  Dear Mr.Picture Taking Scientologist.

I was extremely disheartened to watch as you wasted both the city of Sandy Springs law enforcements time and the cities tax payer dollars. We are a very law abiding peaceful group of activists,as evident from our ongoing protests against your organization in Dunwoody Georgia.

You're so called church has in the past, attempted to lie its way into the good graces of the fine officers of the Dekalb County sheriffs department.

Fortunately the Dekalb County sheriffs department saw through your lame attempts @ labeling we activists as terrorists or members of a hate group, which both you and I know is not the case.

That being said, it is my opinion maybe you need to focus on the issues within the walls of your organization that bring we activists out to protest against scientology in the first place.

I for one will continue to exercise my 1 ST. amendment right to assemble and inform the general public of what your organization truly is all about! ;D

Offline 88 Champion Edition Turbo

• Met Xenu
  • Like the old 88, with hardly any difference!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 22:57 »
Damn, I always miss the good stuff. :/

Great job, guys!
Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.
-The Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 18:22 »
Thanks, 88!  I wish you would have been there.  I'll send you a reminder before the next one.

It was unpleasantly wet this time, though. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 18:40 »
^^^
This. I'm beginning to get confused about TC's ability to fly.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44 »
Hi AtlantaAnons! You all are real troopers!! Keep up the great work!
((HUGGS))

Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.