Author Topic: Surprise! SS Ideal Org Flash Raid!  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
Surprise! SS Ideal Org Flash Raid!
« on: May 01, 2010, 20:44 »
So I emerge to do my grocery shopping and what do I see but a yellow tent in the parking lot and two kids waving Dianetics books in the driveway of my local Ideal Org?

Called for backup, got a couple of Anons to join me and many pictures were taken and much fun was had.

More details soon.  Need to recover from the margaritas that followed.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: Surprise! SS Ideal Org Flash Raid!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 20:53 »
So I emerge to do my grocery shopping and what do I see but a yellow tent in the parking lot and two kids waving Dianetics books in the driveway of my local Ideal Org?

Called for backup, got a couple of Anons to join me and many pictures were taken and much fun was had.

More details soon.  Need to recover from the margaritas that followed.

So, were the individuals plying their wares doing this on a public side walk?

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 20:55 »

At one point they had a sign and such on the sidewalk, yes. A very large sign.

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 20:57 »

Did they have a permit to do this ?

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 20:59 »

From your observations, were these individuals on the sidewalk from the so called church of scientology?

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 21:11 »
It has begun. Good job folks.bwah tech/private property tech seems to have failed once again. ;D Photos look very nice. To bad the big bad boogie man does not even know where David Miscaviges property ends and Sandy Springs public property begins. :D

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 21:26 »
Erm ... I didn't realize that while I was typing the other, that someone was makign this thread. So I'll save the mods some time and copy over xD

The Intel department notified me that a given fellow protester had spotted a yellow tent in the Ideal Org parking lot.  I immediately leapt into action! I loaded some signs and materials to make more into my car and hit the highway. 

When I arrived, indeed the tent was there. There were three vehicles, and three men looking very bored.  So I decided it was time to spice things up for them, and I started snapping some photographs.

They finally noticed me, and they weren't happy at all.  See? One guy even got on the phone immediately.

So when I was bored of standing there photographing the bored Scientologists, I took a stroll around the building to see if anything looked better at all ... at ALL.  And the answer is no.

Nope ....

nuh uh.

Hmm mmm.

The opposite of yes.

The rotting base on this column, next to a small sign (back door) about the sales office says "Nothing is better! Please help me before I collapse!"

Of course, I could go on and on about how the building looks like an abandoned rubbish heap, but I'll move on.

After I took a photo of the weather vane that looks like a dollar sign, I took a walk around the front of the building to see exactly how many people were there.

In the front, I met up with another protester and we stood vigil.  But we didn't have a sign yet, so I went to my car to get one.  "Doug," as he called himself, was waiting for me.

(Me) "Hi! How are ya?"
(Him) "What are you doing here?"
(Me) "Walking around, taking a few pictures."
(Him)"What's your name?"
(Me) I'm not giving you my name."
(Him) "My name's Doug. What's yours?"
(Me) "I'm not giving you my name."
(Him) "Verrryyy intretstinnngggg! VEERRYYY interestingggg!"
(Me) "Yeah. It's because I know about your Fair Game policy, which was supposedly rescinded, but the order to cancel fair game states that the treatment of SPs should remain the same as the original order."
(Him) "Who do you work for?"
(Me) "Big pharma and the German government."
(Him) "You wish." (lol did he think I tried to convince him?!)
(Me) "Uh huh. Everything that Hubbard hates."
(Him) .......
** I get the sign, and he's still lulling around the rear entrance of their property **
(Me) "By the way, how's the law suit against the city going? You know, for not being allowed to get special treatment and close the basement?"
(Him) ....
** I step on the grass just inside the sidewalk on my way past **
(Him)
"Get off our property!"
(me) I'm not ON your property! (It was hard not to laugh)
(Him) "Get OFF the property! I'm alling the police! Get off the property!"
(Me) I was never ON the property. Go ahead and call them"

While we wait for the police to show up, the person in the blue Kia -- the same who photographed us with flash from about 500 feet -- drove through their lot, and Doug spoke with the driver for a bit.

Our license plate numbers were taken, and eventually the police did show up.  The officer stopped, and advised us to stay off their property. He sounded a mix between annoyed at such a benign call, and sarcastic because he knew what happened (Doug had overreacted).  We assured the officer we had not been on their property. His response? "I know." He said he told them that we were expressing our first amendment rights, and we were being peaceful. Also something along the lines of "I gave them your side and I have to give you theirs." Basically, be sure we don't go onto their property.

So we laughed, and held signs, and people would stop to ask "Scientology is THERE?!" So we handed out a couple fliers, informed a few motorists, and saw more than one pissed off because they didn't know Scientology was moving in.  Books sold to non-Scientologists during that time? Zero.

Eventually the Scilons decided to move the tent. We thought they were taking it down, but no. 

We also thought they were maybe trying to make the claim of having sold books in two locations. But no such lulz were to be had.

Several more cars pulled up, people started exiting the building (lol what? Why were they all hiding in there?!) and they set up for a good ol' beans and rice cookout.  Kidding, OSA. I know someone could have sprung for actual meat and bread for once.

The put the flaps down on the tent, blocking any view from the road, and we drove off to a happy dinner at some place while they ate and pressured each other into buying yet more copies of Dianetics to get their numbers up.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 22:08 by Stutroup »

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 21:29 »
Who do YOU work for.LOL ;D Good stuff!

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 21:32 »
 Please excuse me for a moment. I'm on the floor LMAO on you're conv with Dougy! looks like our Blue Kia friend likes license plates.LOL ;D

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 21:46 »
Quick work with the pics and very interesting conversation you had there.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 00:52 »
Thanks for getting out there so fast!  I'll see what I can dig up with the property line on it.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42 »
What happened to the thread OP? Pic,s???

• High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 11:50 »
 I hope some concerned citizen took photos of scientology members soliciting/advertising on the sidewalk.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 12:50 »
What happened to the thread OP? Pic,s???

It was started as a separate thread.  While the OP was typing, this one was going, and when the OP realized, sent a moderator alert to ask that it be merged into this thread.  Mod was busy with something else at the time, and so OP copied the post into this one, and asked for the original to be deleted.  Look up for the pics.  Nothing is missing.

Erm ... I didn't realize that while I was typing the other, that someone was makign this thread. So I'll save the mods some time and copy over xD
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 09:24 »
Here is a large drawing of the property in PDF: http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/RoswellRd.pdf
This was submitted to Sandy Springs early in the rezoning application process.  It pretty clearly shows what is Fulton County and Post Office property.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 03:09 »
Good job on the immediate response to Scilon douchebaggery. I thought they were told not to set up tents for tests or sales in the parking lot already. No?
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 19:59 »
Good job on the immediate response to Scilon douchebaggery. I thought they were told not to set up tents for tests or sales in the parking lot already. No?

But bu but but but but but but but but ...

That would be discrimination!