Author Topic: Narconon support group for former "students"  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Stacy

• New Around Here
Narconon support group for former "students"
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:49 »
Are there any online support groups for those who were subjected to the Narconon program?

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
Re: Narconon support group for former "students"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:12 »
Nothing formal that I'm aware of.  However, I've seen many people be able to gain some support here at this message board.

It provides an opportunity to talk about the experiences, get feedback and advice, and sometimes just vent.

Also, Narcononreviews.net has a page dedicated to those who are former clients/students.

http://narcononreviews.net/resources/for-former-clients/

If you are open to it, a good first step would be to talk/write about your experiences.  How you chose Narconon.  What happened while there.  Those kind of things.  It really depends on what you hope to gain.  If you want some relief by sharing your experiences, writing here would be good.  If you are looking to prevent someone else from experiencing the same things that you did (assuming they're bad) then some people fill out the Narconon Former Student Surveys or even go on Ripoff Report and file a complaint there.

In addition, if you felt you were defrauded in any way, there are some class action lawsuits going on right now.

I, and many others, are probably hoping to hear back from you.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 18:56 »
Are there any online support groups for those who were subjected to the Narconon program?

It's a great idea, but I don't know of any currently. We could provide a private group here. That wouldn't quite be the same as a real support group. At the same time, I certainly don't want to diminish the importance of professional help.

Let a few of us knock our heads together and do some research and get back to you,
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 19:53 »
Ill talk to any person who wants help.  We can set up a group video chat probably or you can email me, whatever.  This is a huge part of what needs to be done to clean up their wreckage and get people real help.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 20:23 »

There are several Facebook groups and pages that may be of help:

Casualties of Narconon - Open Group - fairly new - 8 members
For anyone who wasted 30 grand, survived TR's and sauna, or wants to know what's really going on
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5347605858

Narconon Graduates Bitches!! Private Group  123 members
"This is a group for Narconon Graduates so we can all stay in touch!! Talking shit about Narchewitz is welcome, as is expressing gratitude and sharing our success stories (LOL). We've all done something, together, that not a lot of people know about or would be able to relate to. So I for one think its important that we continue to support each other, and stay in touch!! I made some of my best friends at Narconon, had some of the best laughs, and am truly grateful to the program, even though I went crazy AWOL and shit..."  https://www.facebook.com/groups/119363001570816

Narconon Exposed - page with many former students contributing
https://www.facebook.com/BuyerBeware

Narconon Reviews .net page.
https://www.facebook.com/NarcononReviews4U

I hope this helps.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 20:50 »
If you feel you need some private support, don't hesitate to PM me.

By the way, if you need help finding your son some recovery assistance, please PM me and I can find some resources local to you for him.

Best wishes,

Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 21:20 »
Personally, I'm not too crazy about facebook groups for this sort of thing, but maybe it would work. I'm available by PM as well.

ethercat and I are discussing a private group on Tipping Point.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 21:39 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama