Author Topic: Narconon Oklahoma Multiple Deaths (Was Re: Narconon Deaths)  (Read 34922 times)

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
Narconon Oklahoma Multiple Deaths (Was Re: Narconon Deaths)
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 19:03 »
I was walking through a local antique store and came upon this ashtrays. Try as I may, I could not get a rise out of any of them! No money was exchanged,so I think that may have been the problem ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKJyQqZuu5c

An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 19:06 »
hehe... 3((:
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 19:09 »
FUNNY!!!! Good one... :D
Respectfully,
CH

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 19:15 »
We have some more doozies, but saving them for the QHRC Hearings - LOl
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 19:17 »
I haven't heard them named - maybe Colin might know.  Paging Colin Henderson...
I don't have the names, but I have been in contact with one of them. She was the security guard that checked Stacy Murphy upon returning to NN AH after her pass. She was forced to fill out a statement at NN AH to say that she didn't preform a cavity search, once she signed it NN AH fired her. I am still working with her, trying to engorge her to go to the authorities. Its a work in progress.
Respectfully,
CH

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 19:34 »
I don't have the names, but I have been in contact with one of them. She was the security guard that checked Stacy Murphy upon returning to NN AH after her pass. She was forced to fill out a statement at NN AH to say that she didn't preform a cavity search, once she signed it NN AH fired her. I am still working with her, trying to engorge her to go to the authorities. Its a work in progress.

Tell her to go to the Dept of Labor and file a complaint.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 19:35 »
We have some more doozies, but saving them for the QHRC Hearings - LOl

ooo}

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 19:42 »
I'll try, she is very skiddish right now.

Tell her to go to the Dept of Labor and file a complaint.
Respectfully,
CH

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 19:46 »

Thanks, Colin.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 17:40 »

No engorging, LOL.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Deaths At Scientology-Linked Rehab Center Spur Investigation
15 August 2012, 8:07 am

By Radar Staff An Oklahoma rehabilitation center with a controversial regimen -- and ties to Scientology -- is at the center of an investigation after three young patients died there within the last nine months. Deaths at the non-profit, non-medical Narconon Arrowhead , which was founded by Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard , include 20-year-old Stacy Murphy , 21-year-old Hillary Holton , and ...

Source: narconon - Yahoo! News Search Results

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
Reeling from series of controversies, Scientology is under fire for Narconon ... - Tampabay.com
15 August 2012, 7:56 pm
By Joe Childs and Thomas C. Tobin, Times Staff Writers

Already shaken by a series of high-level defections, accounts of abuse among its staffers, and the high-profile breakup of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the Church of Scientology now faces scrutiny over its controversial drug treatment program, Narconon.

Four deaths at Narconon's signature treatment facility in eastern Oklahoma have prompted local law enforcement and health officials to investigate the center and its program.

The inquiry began after Stacy Dawn Murphy, 20, was found dead in her room on July 19 after returning to the facility from a one-day leave. The cause of death is under investigation.

Two other clients died within the previous nine months. Another died in 2009. In two of those cases, serious health issues were cited; the cause of the other death is unclear.

In April, authorities in Quebec shut down a Narconon facility in the city of Trois Rivieres, saying certain treatment procedures "may represent a health risk.''

Church of Scientology public affairs director Karin Pouw said there is no suggestion the two investigations "have anything to do with Narconon's methods of drug rehabilitation.''

She said media have misrepresented facts about the Oklahoma investigation, but offered no specifics.

As for recent incidents that generated unfavorable publicity for Scientology, Pouw said: "There is no relationship to any of these things, other than the continued growth of the Church and its social and humanitarian programs.''

more at http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/reeling-from-series-of-controversies-scientology-is-under-fire-for/1246054
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 21:07 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
SCIENTOLOGY MYSTERY DEATHS INVESTIGATED (National Enquirer)
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 22:00 »
National Enquirer gets in on the act!

SCIENTOLOGY MYSTERY DEATHS INVESTIGATED

By NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

An Oklahoma rehabilitation center with a controversial regimen -- and ties to Scientology -- is at the center of an investigation after three young patients died there within the last nine months.

Deaths at the non-profit, non-medical Narconon Arrowhead,  which was founded by Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard, include 20-year-old Stacy Murphy, 21-year-old Hillary Holton, and 32-year-old Gabriel Graves.

more at http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/scientology-mystery-deaths-investigated
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: SCIENTOLOGY MYSTERY DEATHS INVESTIGATED (National Enquirer)
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 23:00 »
 (cOocO)9

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
Families question Scientology-linked drug rehab after recent deaths - NBCNews.com (blog)
16 August 2012, 7:44 am

Narconon's unconventional methods include spending up to five hours a day in a sauna for 30 straight days and taking up to 5000 milligrams of the vitamin Niacin daily. It is similar to Scientology's regimen called a "purification run-down," designed to ...

Deaths at Scientology drug treatment program Narconon bring investigationTampabay.com

Narconon Not Scientology? Then Why Is Its Leader in the Church's ...Village Voice (blog)

20-year-old cheerleader dies at Scientology linked Narconon facilityFilm Industry Network (blog)

New York Daily News -Daily Mail -Radar Online

all 10 news articles »

Source: narconon - Google News

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 13:26 by mefree »

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 17:33 »
From WWP:

Radio Paul

The Inspector General’s Office of the Department of Mental Health (Oklahoma) wants to hear from victims of Narconon Arrowhead.

They want firsthand accounts, in fact they need them. They will investigate any concerns you have and want to talk to you ASAP!

Local (405) 522-4058. Toll Free Number (877) 426-4058.

Please pass this along to other victims.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 19:14 »
Thanks, BigBeard./

Here's are some snippets of a terrific article and update from McAlester News Capital's Jeanne LeFlore

August 17, 2012

New item in Narconon death investigation-"Pillow with substance on it""
By Jeanne LeFlore
 Staff Writer The McAlester News-Capital

McALESTER — An attorney for the families of two people found dead at Narconon Arrowhead says he’s found items listed on an autopsy report that should be part of the investigation including a ‘pillow with a substance on it.’ “It would be my thought that the investigators would be chasing down these items,” said Tulsa Attorney Gary Richardson.

Richardson, a former United States Attorney and a former Tulsa District Attorney, said he’s representing the families of Stacy Dawn Murphy and Gabriel Graves.[..]

[..]Since her death, the investigation has expanded to include three other deaths; Hillary Holten, 21 of Carr who was found dead at Narconon Arrowhead in April, and Graves, 32, who died at the facility in October along with the 2009 death of Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28, according to Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns.

Richardson said while looking into the Narconon death cases he’s found disturbing information including some possible evidence listed on the  state medical examiner’s report.

He said the two items listed on the ME report were handed to Grave’s mother by the funeral home director. “She still has them in storage,” Richardson said.

“This needs to be part of the investigation.”
Friday afternoon Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns, said he was sending his investigator to collect the pillow and another item.[..]

Read more here:
http://mcalesternews.com/breakingnews/x543535059/New-item-in-Narconon-death-investigation-Pillow-with-substance-on-it

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2012, 07:58 »
Sadly, despite this person's complaint and others like it, very little has been done about Narconon across the U.S., until pressure was brought to bear by activists. More young people will die until they are shut down. The program is not medically sound, has little to no medical oversight, and  puts new clients in the hands of frequently relapsing, new graduates. It is no surprise, under these circumstances, that drug use at Narconon is rampant. The manner in which Narconon uses vitamins and sauna are extremely hazardous to your health!

Make sure you read the complaint linked in this article!

Letter recounts death at Narconon Arrowhead - Tulsa World
18 August 2012, 3:01 am
By Jarrel Wade

State Department of Mental Health officials received a five-page complaint in early December detailing illegal drug use between staff and "students" at a rehabilitation facility near McAlester and the October death of a 32-year-old Claremore man at the facility.

The letter's author, whose name was redacted from a copy supplied through a World open records request, said he was terrified by his month at Narconon Arrowhead, a rehab facility rooted in the teachings of Scientology on the shore of Lake Eufaula.

In his month there, he describes his observations about the death of fellow Narconon student Gabriel Graves.

"I saw the 'nurse' of the facility crying, walking out of (redacted) room with another staffer," the complainant said about his experience on Oct. 26, the day records show Graves died. "I stood there, shocked and scared. ... It was, however, hinted to us that he may have died of a drug overdose because we were told by one of the staff that came to brief us that we might 'end up like him.' "

Graves' autopsy report lists his cause and manner of death as undetermined and unknown, records show.

"It should be noted that while I was there the use and distribution of drugs by 'students' ... and staff was rampant," the complainant wrote to Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services officials.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120818_11_A1_StateD435534
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:10 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2012, 09:08 »
[..]
Make sure you read the complaint linked in this article!

Letter recounts death at Narconon Arrowhead - Tulsa World
18 August 2012, 3:01 am
By Jarrel Wade

State Department of Mental Health officials received a five-page complaint in early December detailing illegal drug use between staff and "students" at a rehabilitation facility near McAlester and the October death of a 32-year-old Claremore man at the facility.

The letter's author, whose name was redacted from a copy supplied through a World open records request, said he was terrified by his month at Narconon Arrowhead, a rehab facility rooted in the teachings of Scientology on the shore of Lake Eufaula.

In his month there, he describes his observations about the death of fellow Narconon student Gabriel Graves.

"I saw the 'nurse' of the facility crying, walking out of (redacted) room with another staffer," the complainant said about his experience on Oct. 26, the day records show Graves died. "I stood there, shocked and scared. ... It was, however, hinted to us that he may have died of a drug overdose because we were told by one of the staff that came to brief us that we might 'end up like him.' "

Graves' autopsy report lists his cause and manner of death as undetermined and unknown, records show.

"It should be noted that while I was there the use and distribution of drugs by 'students' ... and staff was rampant," the complainant wrote to Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services officials.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120818_11_A1_StateD435534

hehe, the sh*t is going to hit the fan now. That complaint, which I am familiar with. Notice that thee Inspector General received a copy of this at the time?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:28 by Mary_McConnell »