Author Topic: [Blog] Narconon Physician Integrity – Ethics Questioned  (Read 1172 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Narconon Physician Integrity – Ethics Questioned
25 December 2012, 5:08 pm

Narconon Arrowhead medical director, Dr. Gerald Wootan [left in photo], has faced numerous civil court proceedings in past years, but none like the wrongul death lawsuits he is up against now in Oklahoma.

Montreal Dr. Pierre Labonte, Narconon Trois-Rivieres medical manager [center in photo], was invesitigated by the Quebec College of Physicians recently and was found guilty - – “ in breach of several of his ethical obligations by associating himself with a drug detoxification center administering treatment not recognized in current medical literature…”

Following the Health agency closing down Narconon Trois-Rivieres mid 2012 after a lengthy investigation, five Trois-Rivieres [right in photo], spoke to media concerning the ethics and integrity of Narconon’s operations. Sylvain Bérard, the Ethics Officer, said that Narconon had already been experiencing financial problems for some time, to such an extent that, in recent months, the organization had even been admitting clients with more serious problems of a psychiatric nature.

“Some of these cases weren’t admissible to the program because it requires cutting off their medication. But the administration chose to keep them anyway. There were several instances of attempted suicide during the past few months. By law, immediate medical assistance should have been provided, but management decided to keep these persons without calling for an ambulance,” says the former employee.

Sylvain Girard “…states it was time for the government to close down Narconon Trois-Rivières because psychiatric cases are out of line with our capabilities. The situation had become dangerous,” said Mr. Bérard. “We’re playing with people’s lives,” adds Julie Ann Pagé.”

Narconon websites promise unrealistic success rates of 70-90% and states they have qualified staff, including certified counsellors. The fact is, these so-called counsellors in most cases, are recent Narconon program graduates and have only received a short Scientology course to receive their certificate to counsel patients.

More imortantly, when a desperate person calls for information about Narconon, the intake counsellor or register, will insist Narconon has a doctor on staff 7 days a week, ready to treat the patient. Empty promises, with dire consequences.

The Trois-Rivieres Narconon physician, Dr. Labonte, was a one and half hour drive to Montreal and patients were taken in a van on Wednesdays only; no matter when they arrived at the center.

Dr. Gerald Wootan was also promoted as being at Narconon Arrowhead 7 days a week, but in reality, only there once per week.

The following are court documents concerning Dr. Wootan and a College of Physicians decision concerning Dr. Labonte:

========================================================================

=========================================================================

=======================================================================

=======================================================================

Source: Narconon Industry of Death

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: [Blog] Narconon Physician Integrity – Ethics Questioned
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:39 »
So, it is "Go thou, and sin no more!"? I started to get a little upset about that, but then I thought of the big pile of unearned and easy cult-money Dr. Labonte will not put in the bank any more, and I felt a whole lot better!

And then I remembered the lawsuit, and decided the College des Medicines had provided a lovely little bitchslap for the greedy Dr. Labonte!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis