Author Topic: Surprise announcement from Sandy Springs City Council  (Read 1048 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
There seems to be a mass exodus from Sandy Springs City Council.

Surprise announcement: Sandy Springs Councilman Collins not running for another term
Dist. 3 Councilman Chip Collins

By Dan Whisenhunt | Reporter Newspapers

Sandy Springs City Councilman Chip Collins is calling it a day after one term as the District 3 representative on the Sandy Springs City Council.

Collins, who previously said he was likely to run again, said he has reconsidered because of his busy law practice and because of family.

“It is with a tinge of sadness that I report that I will not be running for re-election to the District 3 City Council seat,” Collins wrote in an email to constituents, sent on Aug. 18.  “Although I have long-assumed that I would run again, I have recently determined, after much consideration, that my focus for the next few years needs to be on my four school-age kids and my busy law practice at Burr & Forman.”

That makes Collins the second incumbent on the City Council to decide against running again. City Councilwoman Karen Meinzen McEnerny has decided not to run for her District 6 City Council seat.

Mayor Eva Galambos is stepping down as well.

(bold my emphasis)

more at http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2013/08/18/surprise-announcement-sandy-springs-councilman-collins-not-running-for-another-term/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama