Author Topic: Photo Update: Georgia - Atlanta Ideal Org  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Photo Update: Georgia - Atlanta Ideal Org
« on: November 19, 2014, 20:51 »
A friend of the forum sent some photos to me at Facebook to share here if I wanted them for the forum. He took these when he drove by the Church of Scientology of Georgia Ideal Org today. They speak for themselves!

He had posted this on Facebook:

Given how much effort the "church" of $cientology spends hiding Travolta and Cruise's love of men, you'd think they'd have picked someone other than GAY construction to renovate their Sandy Springs facility.

Here are rest of what he sent me. Although there is some kind of construction work going on, the place is still in terrible shape... all these years and this is all they managed to accomplish. Here are some other pics:

He said  "I hope this is the beginning of them going bankrupt."

Me, too!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 21:00 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: Photo Update: Georgia - Atlanta Ideal Org
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 21:02 »
Photos of a Fundraising flyer sent out recently, which was posted at The Bunker. Notice anyone familiar? Hehe!

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 21:26 »
I wonder how much $$O$$ this same group has donated over the years. How many are over their heads in debt?

A re-run from the Ask the Scientologist blog - Scientologists Have You Been Scammed? 

A few blogposts from Mike Rinder on the Idle Org scam - http://www.mikerindersblog.org/sunday-redux-the-big-ideal-org-lie/

Thanks for the pics, Mary.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 21:57 »
You're welcome :)

Thanks for the info and links!

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 00:07 »
What's with the "DEMO" signs in the pics? I thought they were renovating, not tearing down.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 06:01 »
What's with the "DEMO" signs in the pics? I thought they were renovating, not tearing down.

I have no idea... my first thought was, in seeing the papers posted on on one, in one of the shots, was that it was an out of the course room type 'demo' of the job they are doing.

A Scientology study tech term for the process of demonstration used in training students.  There are demo kits, and  'clay demos' . These are supposed to add 'mass' to theory. To demonstrate theory.

Refs
How Scientology’s “Study Tech” Turns Schoolwork Into Conditioning
http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/09/basic-study-manual/

But it's probably just a bin for demolition remains. In the Sea Org entry process called Estates Project Force, one of the tasks a worker does, if needed, is demolition, which includes taking down walls with sledge hammers. I, myself, did such work for a brief period of time before I got smart and found a way out of my billion year contract

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:22 »
The building is being gutted. Hence the "demo" as in demolition! The building has been unoccupied since 2005 with the exception of small photo op events put on by the local scientologists within the building's main entry way which has a spiral staircase that is part of the building original structure.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 19:10 »
Hopefully state/local safety folks are making sure no untrained Sea Ogres with improper safety equipment are "assisting" the real contractors. Hate to see anyone get hurt doing work they're not qualified to be doing.
BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:49 »
The building is being gutted. Hence the "demo" as in demolition! The building has been unoccupied since 2005 with the exception of small photo op events put on by the local scientologists within the building's main entry way which has a spiral staircase that is part of the building original structure.

You forgot the part about the bad roof.   ;)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 21:30 »
Is Mary Reiser still involved in the local OT Committee?  Inquiring minds want to know.
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 12:21 »
Her status is unknown.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 02:55 »
She was in a video (slideshow) posted at the Bunker promoting the Atlanta Org contest. She may have been shooped in.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 22:57 »
She was in a video (slideshow) posted at the Bunker promoting the Atlanta Org contest. She may have been shooped in.

Hi snippy! Nice to hear from you  :)

Do you have a time frame of when this slide show was made... and or link to this article?

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 14:23 »

Hi snippy! Nice to hear from you  :)

Do you have a time frame of when this slide show was made... and or link to this article?
No time frame as to when the still was taken,but I do see her in the below video @ the 4:22 mark far lower left.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/08/28/ladies-and-gentlemen-the-greatest-scientology-video-in-the-history-of-scientology-videos/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 14:44 by SocialTransparency »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 15:32 »
Mary - I don't know the date of this event either, but Tony posted the video Aug. 28, 2014.
Here is the screenshot of Reiser:

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 09:48 »
That ceiling! I wish we knew where this picture was taken; if the new org still looks like this, somebody there must be wondering where all their donations have gone. And if this is the Winter's Chapel org it is likely a good thing to keep the public away! I certainly wouldn't be inclined to put my trust people who claimed to be able to give me superpowers, but couldn't fix the ceiling in their own church, would you? Those panels don't cost much, and the only tool you need to change them out is a stepladder!

'til next time!
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 17:29 »
That ceiling! I wish we knew where this picture was taken; if the new org still looks like this, somebody there must be wondering where all their donations have gone. And if this is the Winter's Chapel org it is likely a good thing to keep the public away! I certainly wouldn't be inclined to put my trust people who claimed to be able to give me superpowers, but couldn't fix the ceiling in their own church, would you? Those panels don't cost much, and the only tool you need to change them out is a stepladder!

'til next time!
wynot

Ain't that the truth!

Mary is later pictured in the video with short hair at 5:42. I think both stills of her are from a much earlier time period.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 19:17 »
That ceiling in the picture looks like it's in someones basement that's way over due for remodeling.

BigBeard

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 00:09 »
Mary is later pictured in the video with short hair at 5:42. I think both stills of her are from a much earlier time period.

So that's what they did! They went back in time to get pictures of a room full of Scientologists.
 :-D^\^\

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 20:49 »
 ;)
-Dalai Lama