Author Topic: [Catholic Online] Scientology Responds to Haiti Volunteer Ministers Story  (Read 1579 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology Responds to Haiti Volunteer Ministers Story
11 February 2010, 6:57 pm

Scientology's spokesman, Tommy Davis, responds to a story in Catholic Online regarding their involvement in the Haiti disaster.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (Catholic Online) - [Editor's Note: On Tuesday I received a phone call from Tommy Davis, the official spokesman for Scientology, regarding the article we had run on the work of Volunteer Ministers in Haiti.

In part, he took issue with section from "Just Bill" in the story that stated, “The Church of Scientology provides no money towards the victims in Haiti. None. Not one penny. The church supplies no food, no water, no medicine, no building materials, no personnel, no expertise, nothing for Haiti.

“But they claim, in their press releases, that their Volunteer Ministers are "a major relief agency" helping in Haiti. If they do nothing, how can they claim this?

In response to that claim, Davis forwarded their report on Scientology's involvement in the recent disaster. That information follows.

more at http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=35405&wf=rsscol
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 21:12 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.