Author Topic: Dillard & Galloway  (Read 2024 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Dillard & Galloway
« on: May 24, 2010, 13:12 »

As many of you know, the law firm of Dillard & Galloway represents the Church of Scientology of Georgia in it's continuing efforts to have the city of Sandy Springs modify its zoning on the churches property on Roswell Rd.

Having not attained the desired approval by the city of Sandy Springs, Dillard & Galloway has on behalf of its client filed a lawsuit within the state and federal courts under the auspices of the 1st amendment and RIULPA law.

Recently, I had the opportunity to work for a large group of high end real estate brokers @ a meet and greet event here in Atlanta. Mr. Galloway was also in attendance. As Mr.Galloways forte is along the lines of zoning and real estate law, I can readily see why he would be in attendance. I do have respect for Mr.Galloway on a professional level, yet am hard pressed as to why an intelligent gentlemen as himself would represent the church of scientology of Georgia in this ongoing lawsuit.

Having discussed my personal though limited experiences with Mr.Galloway back in march of 2009 and continuing on through the remainder of that year with my peers, many questions have been left unanswered for me, both from a constitutional and moral level than anything else. Knowing from personal experience about scientology from an outside contractors POV and several years of involvement on the activism side of the coin, I do not understand how a gentleman like Mr.Galloway who attends one of the larger christian churches where one of my past clients, Andy Stanley does a live broadcast to in Buckhead can justify his representation of scientology.

As a fellow christian does Mr.Galloway not know his chosen churches current stance on cults? Does Mr. Galloway not vet a client before representation? As I search for the whys here, I cannot see how an individual on one hand can claim to be a christian on sunday and a cult rep during the rest of the week! Does Mr.Galloway have a moral obligation to the community? Does he understand the ramifications of his actions on said community? Or is this about money? This poster is hard pressed to believe this is a 1st amendment rights or RIULPA issue.

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: Dillard & Galloway
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 20:56 »
Bro, he is a lawyer; his highest ethic is, and must be, to protect and defend the legal rights of his client, no matter how vile and abhorrent he may personally find that client to be...

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:38 »
 I recall during multiple meetings concerning the zoning issues and related banter between C of S legal rep Woodson Galloway and Sandy Springs GA. Officials that the so called C of S of GA would have a book store open to the public within its purposed Sandy Springs locale.

I link this video so as concerned citizens can get an inside look @ one such "Open to the public scientology bookstore".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvFifB--0Q0

Though long in length and content, this is an interesting look into the mechanic,s of a so called bookstore run by scientology.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:22 »
That poor guy in the bookstore must be new. He seems to have a hard time answering any questions.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama