Author Topic: [Google] Church of Scientology buys building near Coors Field - Denver Post  (Read 1939 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Church of Scientology buys building near Coors Field - Denver Post
4 January 2011, 3:01 am
By Margaret Jackson

The building at 2300-2346 Blake Street had listed for $14 million when it went on the market in 2008. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

The Church of Scientology has paid $8.5 million in cash for a building in the Ballpark neighborhood formerly occupied by McClain Finlon Advertising.

Over the past five years, the Los Angeles-based church had considered numerous Denver locations, including the Colorado National Bank Building at 17th and Champa streets that is now slated for a hotel.

It bought the 44,679-square-foot Ballpark building at 2300-2346 Blake Street on Thursday.

The building was listed for $14 million in 2008, following a banner year in commercial real estate, said Kittie Hook, a broker with Cassidy Turley/Fuller Real Estate who represented seller Cathey Finlon.

The property also includes a 90-vehicle parking lot that could be developed.

The church, which has had a presence in Denver since 1971, has 9,200 members here and has outgrown its current space, said Karin Pouw, spokeswoman for the church, which has locations in Englewood, Boulder and Aurora.

The acquisition is part of the organization's program to establish new, expanded Scientology churches in major cities to provide a full spectrum of services to Scientology parishioners and the community, Pouw said.

The building will include public information displays, course rooms and a chapel for congregational religious services, including weddings, naming ceremonies and Sunday services, Pouw said, adding that the site will accommodate outreach and humanitarian programs.

Finlon said she's pleased with the price, even though it's far less than the initial asking price. She paid $2.9 million for the property in 2000 and spent several million dollars renovating it.

more at http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_17003052
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 16:42 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The church, which has had a presence in Denver since 1971, has 9,200 members here..

9,200 members?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
9,200 members?

Yeah.  They've outgrown their space.

They carpool, remember? So the 90-vehicle parking lot is plenty.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

REPOST from ESMB
5th January 2011, 09:07 AM 
anondelmundial 

Tomorrow morning - Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - starting at 5:00 AM MST(-7GMT) on radio KHOW, Denver, Colorado USA, 630AM on your radio dial, Peter Boyles will be hosting a program on the Crutch of Scientology as a result of the Denver Post article on the Crutch's purchase their new building http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_17003052.

During the Bob Penny, et al, attacks by the cult, Peter Boyles was a light in the dark about Scientology. He will be hosting a discussion about Scientology in general, and their purchase of the property near Coors Field (a baseball stadium for the Colorado Rockies team).

When he announced the purchase of the building by the cult, Boyles went off on Xenu, etc, likely as a challenge to the Denver Org of the cult. Several callers made disparaging remarks about the Crutch of Scientology, automatically becoming SP's, as if they cared!

Of course, as we all know, the Denver org, currently located in Lakewood, has nothing more than the few aged cultists. How this minor number of aged; and likely, financially destitute cultists, can pay off a multimillion dollar Idle Org, is anyone's guess. Let us not forget that Rex Fowler, Scientologist Premeditated Murderer, is a member of the Denver Org.

Anyway, one can access Peter Boyles talk radio show at http://www.khow.com/main.html. Select "Listen Live" on the top left of the page. This invokes I"heart"radio. The show starts at 5:00 am MST (-7GMT) and lasts until 9:00 AM MST (still-7GMT, go figure!).

Boyles is very opinionated about Scientology from his work with Bob Penney, and his tribulations with the cult. Boyles has stated that he will have several ex-Scientology experts, from very high on the Admin scale, as consultants.

One caveat: the KHOW stream might sound like it has been disconnected during commercial interruptions, probably from lack of KHOW's attention to the advertising on the stream. Let it continue for say 4-5 minutes. If the stream has not been restored, close the talk window and start over again.

One can call in to KHOW, and Peter Boyles, at (303) 713-8255 USA. Sorry, it is not a free call, and the wait time can be excessive. Turn off your radio prior to answering since there is an 8-10 second delay on radio versus real time.

Unfortunately, KHOW does not produce recordings of its broadcast streams. I will attempt to record the stream, but no promises!

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=21442
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target

REPOST from ESMB
5th January 2011, 09:07 AM 
anondelmundial 

Tomorrow morning - Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - starting at 5:00 AM MST(-7GMT) on radio KHOW, Denver, Colorado USA, 630AM on your radio dial, Peter Boyles will be hosting a program on the Crutch of Scientology as a result of the Denver Post article on the Crutch's purchase their new building http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_17003052.

During the Bob Penny, et al, attacks by the cult, Peter Boyles was a light in the dark about Scientology. He will be hosting a discussion about Scientology in general, and their purchase of the property near Coors Field (a baseball stadium for the Colorado Rockies team).

When he announced the purchase of the building by the cult, Boyles went off on Xenu, etc, likely as a challenge to the Denver Org of the cult. Several callers made disparaging remarks about the Crutch of Scientology, automatically becoming SP's, as if they cared!

Of course, as we all know, the Denver org, currently located in Lakewood, has nothing more than the few aged cultists. How this minor number of aged; and likely, financially destitute cultists, can pay off a multimillion dollar Idle Org, is anyone's guess. Let us not forget that Rex Fowler, Scientologist Premeditated Murderer, is a member of the Denver Org.

Anyway, one can access Peter Boyles talk radio show at http://www.khow.com/main.html. Select "Listen Live" on the top left of the page. This invokes I"heart"radio. The show starts at 5:00 am MST (-7GMT) and lasts until 9:00 AM MST (still-7GMT, go figure!).

Boyles is very opinionated about Scientology from his work with Bob Penney, and his tribulations with the cult. Boyles has stated that he will have several ex-Scientology experts, from very high on the Admin scale, as consultants.

One caveat: the KHOW stream might sound like it has been disconnected during commercial interruptions, probably from lack of KHOW's attention to the advertising on the stream. Let it continue for say 4-5 minutes. If the stream has not been restored, close the talk window and start over again.

One can call in to KHOW, and Peter Boyles, at (303) 713-8255 USA. Sorry, it is not a free call, and the wait time can be excessive. Turn off your radio prior to answering since there is an 8-10 second delay on radio versus real time.

Unfortunately, KHOW does not produce recordings of its broadcast streams. I will attempt to record the stream, but no promises!

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=21442

Thanks Mary. More coverage found here: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26366276/detail.html
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama