Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 183586 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
This is the case that kicked me in the ass and got me to speak up.  The momentum created will be felt for years and thousands will get real help as a result.  My condolences to the family.

ET went home.

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
That's a nice memorial page. Thanks mefree.

^v^v\O/

RIP Patrick

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I came across this photo and thought it was appropriate to post here

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Let's just hope they're not planning to have a resurrection.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Let's just hope they're not planning to have a resurrection.
A narCONon run by zombies??? If those IDIOT former narCONon board of directors think they can run thier scamology here in Georgia again,I for one will be relentless in seeing.......... well I think you all know where I am going with this. :P| \W:<( 8:O8P|() :){}{}{}

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
A dear friend of Reaching For The Tipping Point forum has passed away.

She was the anonymous mother of a former Narconon of Georgia patient who remained close friends with Patrick Desmond after leaving the program, and was privy to information related to Patrick's death.

It was this Mom, alerted by her son about what happened to Patrick, who brought the situation of Patrick's death to the attention of myself and others, after posting on the old alt.religion.scientology news group. Because of her and the information her traumatized son provided, that lead to a team of RFTTP members to gather information and assist the Desmond family in suing Narconon.

We are forever grateful for the help they extended, the details they provided, and the support they gave us in helping document and right the terrible wrongs that occurred. Not just with Patrick, but with other patients and the program itself.

Narconon of Georgia is no more. It's demise began when a concerned parent and grieving friend reached out for help in getting justice for Patrick and others who were forced to endure what that facility was doing and putting patients through. Lie after lie was exposed and Desmond v.Narconon of Georgia et al will go down as one of the most revealing and important lawsuits ever against all the Scientology front groups.

Over the years, "Mom" became a dear friend of mine. She was always in our corner, and in mine. She dedicated herself to helping her son recover, not only from the addiction that led them to Narconon of Georgia, but the from the trauma he experienced in the program and in tragic loss of the friend he had to leave behind at the facility. She was a quiet, humble and caring woman who just could not stand by and let Narconon get away with what happened to those who went there for help and were betrayed. She worried about others. She didn't just mind her own business and walk away, as so many feel they must when facing such deceit and betrayal. Her conviction in doing what was right, no matter the consequences, is what I will remember most.

Please keep her, her family and many life long friends, in your thoughts and prayers during this time of great loss.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
So sorry to hear this.   :.{....
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
What a courageous and caring Mother!  :'( Condolences to everyone who knew and loved her.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Thanks... I'll pass the condolences along