Author Topic: Another Narconon Victim. A loved One Speaks Out @ Narconon.blogspot.com  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I thought I would share this important and damning comment found at Narconon.blogspot.com about a loved one having to escape from Narconon Vista Bay in order to leave and what Narconon did.

This is a very powerful and important comment for readers to see.

Glad I came across it tonite. In my reply to it there, I invited the author Alyson to join us here. Let's hope she reads it and stops by.

Monday, July 06, 2009
Sueing Scientology NarCONon Criminals
http://narconon.blogspot.com/2009/07/sueing-scientology-narconon-criminals.html

Alyson said...
MY families story is like many others that I have come across on the web. We were taken advantage of during a crisis. My loved one was ready and willing to go to treatment. We acted quickly and he entered the vistabay facility. We received a call from one of the " councilors " who have no formal training, that he had left after just a few days. He was chased for hours through the woods, and threatened verbally. He finally made it to the next town after swimming down a river for hours in the cold. His story matches with others that I have found on the web. I should have done my research.... I never would have let this happen.

They don't allow any phone calls for the first ten days of "treatment" During this time they have the patients sign paper work stating that they agree to a no refund policy. They use the amount of money that the family paid for this program as a way to make them feel guilty for the financial sacrifice.

I'll keep this story short. Please do not send anyone that you care about to this CULT! All the information you need is available on the web. These negative stories are out for a reason. The damage to my loved one and our family is yet to reveal its self. Please listen to your loved ones if they are already in one of these programs. Many of them want to leave but the family has been convinced that the addict is lying. These stories are the truth!!!!! The people that run this program are extremely convincing and pray on people in need of help. If you are a victim, please share your story. I will stop at nothing to bring these evil people down!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 3:49 PM
http://narconon.blogspot.com/2009/07/sueing-scientology-narconon-criminals.html
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
There are so many complaints about Narconon Vista Bay. I don't understand why they are allowed to continue to stay open.

I hope Allyson has complained to the state licensing agency that is responsible for oversight of drug treatment. She is certainly welcome to join us here on Tipping Point.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
There are so many complaints about Narconon Vista Bay. I don't understand why they are allowed to continue to stay open.

An observation if I may. Like it or not many health issues within our society still carry some stigma. Addiction and mental illness being the two that do come to mind.

Currently our society more often than not is content with any entity that may be aiding the addicted with his or her issues. Yet that same society stigmatizes that same individual as not an equal member within our social structure.

It is far easier to point the finger @ the addict as the problem. Not the entity that is supposedly treating that individual. Strange paradox here. How often does a BUSINESS that works in many areas of our society NOT become scrutinized after repeated complaints lodged.

Our society has seen to it that the healthcare provider can in fact become untouchable and unaccountable. Though the topic here is Narconon and one of its operations, I feel what I have typed has some bearing on why some of these entities are allowed to operate.

The addict in societies eyes is the problem. Not the institution that allegedly aids in his or her rehabilitation. Hence Narconon and other either fraudulent or ineffective rehabilitation services  continuing unchecked operations nationally.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
^^^^
This.

The stigma makes it easier for Narconon to manipulate clients and their families at a desperate and vulnerable time. Families may hesitate to act when their gut is telling them otherwise.

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Thank you for posting that, Mary.  I also hope Alyson has filed complaints to the appropriate oversight agencies, and echo that she is more than welcome to join us here.

ST, there is truth in what you have said.  Often, too, drug addiction and mental health issues go hand in hand, for a double dose of stigma. 

Our society is, in fact, currently paying the price for not dealing with these issues, and will continue to do so, until the root causes are addressed - and those don't have anything to do with "the reactive mind".

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Our society is, in fact, currently paying the price for not dealing with these issues, and will continue to do so, until the root causes are addressed - and those don't have anything to do with "the reactive mind".

So long as self-righteous legislators criminalize self-medication, rather than accepting it as a medical problem best treated by the medical community, the social stigma of addiction will continue to damage and destroy lives and communities.

IMHO, of course! :)

And no, I am not totally laissez-fair about drug laws. Every state in the U.S. has laws against impaired driving, and mishandling heavy machinery while intoxicated on any drug, prescribed, OTC, or from a bottle shop, is (and, I think, should be) always a tort in civil law, especially if someone gets hurt.

Again, JMHO! 8-O)--|#|

But this isn't really the place, is it? Sorry.

'til next time!
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline FredricLRice

• On the path to knowledge
Incidentally, I own that Blog Spot and Mary if you would like to take over that Blog as well as a number of others I would be happy to hand over the blogs. I'll send you a private message.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Incidentally, I own that Blog Spot and Mary if you would like to take over that Blog as well as a number of others I would be happy to hand over the blogs. I'll send you a private message.

Hi Fred, thanks for visiting. Looking forward to your PM.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.