Author Topic: Best Drug Rehabilitation  (Read 647025 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Best Drug Rehabilitation
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2013, 15:43 »
He'll blame his sister or dad.

I know, lol!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2014, 20:06 »
This thread has been viewed 48,247 times.  (=.=)OOO
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2014, 21:51 »
This forum is on position 4 where I'm at when you search for Best Drug Rehabilitation.

https://www.google.com/#q=best+drug+rehabilitation

48,331 times now.  Almost 100 views in the last couple of hours.

Wow.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2014, 22:14 »
Someone is paranoid.  Wonder why?
ET went home.

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2014, 22:54 »
It must be really a strange place for Narconon, scientology and best drug rehab employees or staff to be in.

If they click on these forums they can try and handle or debug any black PR that families ask about.

But if they click on these forums, google gives this forum greater rank.

Which in turn leads to more exposure.

Which has more families reading about the unethical things that happen in these rehabs.

Some of them end up writing their stories here...

Which creates more clicks...

Which creates more rank...

To click or not to click?

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19 »
No doubt they have people visiting this site daily.  Per is looking to sue.  That's covered in another thread though ;D
ET went home.

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2014, 13:11 »
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-01-17/news/sns-rt-us-usa-blogger-ruling-20140117_1_crystal-cox-9th-circuit-tax-fraud

I can't imagine that any public relations company would suggest to a treatment center to sue clients who speak/write negative things about their experiences.  The press nightmare that would occur when families read that if they go to treatment center A and have negative experiences and talk about them they will be sued would be a hornet's nest I wouldn't want to kick.

It will be like the Amy's Baking Company on Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares version of the drug rehab world.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2014, 15:10 »
This is a good case! I read about it  on CourtHousenew.com the other day and sent the link and federal appeal decision pdf along to some people I know who blog about Narconon and Scientology. :

Just in case any of those exposed in your blog tries to shut you up:

Courthouse News Service
Friday, January 17, 2014Last Update: 2:46 PM PT

Blogger's Speech Rights Championed in the 9th
By TIM HULL
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/01/17/64649.htm

Federal Appeals decision
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/01/17/blog.pdf
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2014, 18:37 »
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-01-17/news/sns-rt-us-usa-blogger-ruling-20140117_1_crystal-cox-9th-circuit-tax-fraud

I can't imagine that any public relations company would suggest to a treatment center to sue clients who speak/write negative things about their experiences.  The press nightmare that would occur when families read that if they go to treatment center A and have negative experiences and talk about them they will be sued would be a hornet's nest I wouldn't want to kick.

It will be like the Amy's Baking Company on Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares version of the drug rehab world.

You were reading my mind about what a PR disaster this would probably be for the suing treatment center. In addition to that, they would potentially be adding to the growing mountain of damaging court documents.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2014, 18:58 »
I think its covered in ms fortunes blog and here times he has sued people for speaking out.  I know he has threatened it for sure.
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2014, 19:03 »
I think its covered in ms fortunes blog and here times he has sued people for speaking out.  I know he has threatened it for sure.

Yes. I'm aware, but it still seems like a bad strategy.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2014, 19:38 »

Narconon Reviews has copies of 5 lawsuits filed by Best Drug Rehabilitation for this:
http://narcononreviews.net/?s=Best+Drug+Rehabilitation

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2014, 03:50 »
This is a good case! I read about it  on CourtHousenew.com the other day and sent the link and federal appeal decision pdf along to some people I know who blog about Narconon and Scientology. :

Just in case any of those exposed in your blog tries to shut you up:

Courthouse News Service
Friday, January 17, 2014Last Update: 2:46 PM PT

Blogger's Speech Rights Championed in the 9th
By TIM HULL
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/01/17/64649.htm

Federal Appeals decision
http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/01/17/blog.pdf

I particularly like this part:
Quote from: Courthouse News
"Cox's consistent use of extreme language negates the impression that the blog posts assert objective facts," Hurwitz wrote. "Cox regularly employed hyperbolic language in the posts, including terms such as 'immoral,' 'really bad,' 'thugs,' and 'evil doers.' Cox's assertions that 'Padrick hired a 'hit man' to kill her' or 'that the entire bankruptcy court system is corrupt' similarly dispel any reasonable expectation that the statements assert facts."

Let's all remember to use as much hyperbolic language as we can.   :D

And one comment on this:
Quote from: Courthouse News
"In defamation cases, the public-figure status of a plaintiff and the public importance of the statement at issue - not the identity of the speaker - provide the First Amendment touchstones," Hurwitz wrote.

Per has made himself into a public figure by doing all those interviews and such with other public figures.  And no doubt there is public importance to this site - if there weren't, people wouldn't be reading it.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07 »
You were reading my mind about what a PR disaster this would probably be for the suing treatment center. In addition to that, they would potentially be adding to the growing mountain of damaging court documents.

A PR disaster is exactly what Per is currently facing.  And every step he takes to stop it just escalates it.  That's "the tech" in action for you.  Kind of reminds me of scientology against usenet in the 1990s, and scientology against anonymous in 2008.  Per against critics in 2013/2014.

HyPERbolically speaking, really bad, immoral, evil doing thugs like Per deserve everything that's coming to them.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Suppressive Person

• Met Xenu
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2014, 11:48 »
Well, while they are  in the clicking mood and doing either damage control or research, they can check these sites out also.  Hmm - wonder why people take to the internet to post such things?  Either Per has many enemies ... or maybe ...it's all true. I subscribe to the latter theory.

http://bestdrugrehabilitationscam.wordpress.com/

http://greatlakestreatmentcenters.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:08 by Suppressive Person »
When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
-- Mark Twain

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2014, 16:34 »
Is it just me, or does anyone else thing "Crystal Cox" would make an amazing name for an adult film star?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2014, 17:01 »
Indeed ;D
-Dalai Lama

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2014, 19:28 »
https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/a-forever-recovery-and-narconon-freedom-center-sued-in-mi.104881/page-4

Here's another parent currently dealing with a son in Best Drug Rehab.  Posted on WWP.  Anyone there should reach out to support.

My son just went to bed in manistee almost 2weeks ago for a serious heroin and other drug use addiction. He went to a medical detox center , we were told, I believed to be in battle creek and was transferred to manistee Thursday. He seemed fine when I spoke to him that day for the first time. He said the dr had confirmed his epilepsy (we have known since he was 5 and was on treatment until in his early teens he refused to believe he had it and would not comply with treatment). His seizures are most frequently silent, happen during sleep and he wakes during the night with severe migraine. He has had some that were grandmal, but this is the first time he told me what the doctor said and seemed to accept it. He said they needed medical history for him and he would be seeing a neurologist. That phone call he was on a speaker phone and just sounded very confused almost. When I asked how it was and if he liked the new place, he said he just felt overwhelmed, there were a lot of people. Last night, he called and said I needed to get online and check out the center. He said it is all a scam and scientology exercises. He said he refused to do what they told him because it was ridiculous. He wants to leave because he said it is not a real drug rehabilitation program, it is just teaching scientology. I am not sure what to think or do. I questioned him, as my first thoughts were that he was having a normal early reaction to the situation and wanted to leave. Now I don't know what to think. He has been using one form of drug or another since teens, this is the first time he has ever admitted he has an addiction or agreed to get treatment. I borrowed the money to send him, and of course, by the time the family realized the situation, he had lost his job, his apt, girlfriend, all savings, his car, everything down to furniture, video games, his guitar, and even tried to sell his dog. How can I keep from the insurance company from paying this place all of the money in coverage he would have for treatment? Not to mention, I doubt he will trust another place to go. I also expect he still wants the drugs, and if he is not getting the appropriate treatment and support, he will leave there and continue. We are in Xxxxx.
He told me, it was treatment or death with a needle in his arm, he hated what he had become, a "a junkie". Can anyone help?

Quote of the day would be "he wants to leave because it is not a real drug rehabilitation program, it is just teaching Scientology."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 22:32 by source »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2014, 22:01 »

xxxxx xxxxxx said: ↑

My son just went to bed in manistee almost 2weeks ago for a serious heroin and other drug use addiction. He went to a medical detox center , we were told, I believed to be in battle creek and was transferred to manistee Thursday. He seemed fine when I spoke to him that day for the first time. He said the dr had confirmed his epilepsy (we have known since he was 5 and was on treatment until in his early teens he refused to believe he had it and would not comply with treatment). His seizures are most frequently silent, happen during sleep and he wakes during the night with severe migraine. He has had some that were grandmal, but this is the first time he told me what the doctor said and seemed to accept it. He said they needed medical history for him and he would be seeing a neurologist. That phone call he was on a speaker phone and just sounded very confused almost. When I asked how it was and if he liked the new place, he said he just felt overwhelmed, there were a lot of people. Last night, he called and said I needed to get online and check out the center. He said it is all a scam and scientology exercises. He said he refused to do what they told him because it was ridiculous. He wants to leave because he said it is not a real drug rehabilitation program, it is just teaching scientology. I am not sure what to think or do. I questioned him, as my first thoughts were that he was having a normal early reaction to the situation and wanted to leave. Now I don't know what to think. He has been using one form of drug or another since teens, this is the first time he has ever admitted he has an addiction or agreed to get treatment. I borrowed the money to send him, and of course, by the time the family realized the situation, he had lost his job, his apt, girlfriend, all savings, his car, everything down to furniture, video games, his guitar, and even tried to sell his dog. How can I keep from the insurance company from paying this place all of the money in coverage he would have for treatment? Not to mention, I doubt he will trust another place to go. I also expect he still wants the drugs, and if he is not getting the appropriate treatment and support, he will leave there and continue. We are in xxxxxx
        He told me, it was treatment or death with a needle in his arm, he hated what he had become, a "a junkie". Can anyone help?

My name is Mary and I volunteer with Narconon Reviews. from http://narcononreviews.net - an independent site created to educate people and professionals about these programs. and
    I am also a lon time member of http://www.reachingforthetippingpoint.net forum, where many like yourself come for assistance.

Contact me on the forum ( registering and using an anonymous nic name ) or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rehab.researcher .

We assist people with problems with Narconon and related problems and complaints.

Your son needs to get medical a evaluation ASAP. However, you must not take him out of there until you have a better picture of what you are up against and a plan in place. Most importantly you need to find another program for him to go to immediately upon leaving if you take him out. You will have a hard time getting a refund so even if he has to go to the local clinic and attend NA/AA meetings for the time being, it's better than where he is. We can discuss all this via PM on Facebook or the forum.

I wish a moderator would change your name and delete your personal details but I don't think that is possible since you aren't a registered member. I deleted them in my copy here and hope to hear from you. I have helped hundreds of loved ones like yourself in this kind of situation with the programs and I believe I can help advise you because of that.

~ Mary

I deleted the state mentioned in her post as well.

Offline Suppressive Person

• Met Xenu
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2014, 15:32 »
Source, Mary et al

Is this post recent?  What can I (we) do to help? 
When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
-- Mark Twain