Author Topic: [Google] Fourth Season Boxed Set Showcases Swan Song for Ugly Betty - The Trades  (Read 598 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Fourth Season Boxed Set Showcases Swan Song for Ugly Betty - The Trades
17 August 2010, 9:03 am

In this ,the fourth and final season of television's most colourful hour-long, Ugly Betty, the Gay and Latina brigade tackle Scientology, alcoholism, unexpected pregnancy and early adolescent homosexual desires. Essentially, it’s the sort of stuff that terrifies Rightwing thinkers, save the bashing of Scientology, which, ironically, may have been the jab that cut Betty’s lifespan short.

And while it’s sad to see our overly enthusiastic, uncoordinated and frequently clashing heroine go, four years is a solid run for a network series—especially one that appeals primarily to gays and visible minorities. Since the news of the cancellation came early in the season, the creative team had reasonable opportunity to wrap up the many storylines, finding Hilda (Ana Ortiz) a husband and Betty (America Ferrera) making strides towards the dreams she put on hiatus.

When the season starts, Betty is pining over her ex-boyfriend Matt (Daniel Eric Gold), who, incidentally, is also Betty’s boss at her new Junior Editor gig, making work somewhat challenging. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina (Vanessa Williams) struggles to cover up a murder committed by her daughter, as she sneaks around with her presumed dead lover Connor (Grant Bowler).

Daniel (Eric Mabius) is still dealing with the death of Molly, making him susceptible to a crazed cult that tries to cut him off from his loved ones. Of course, Betty and his mother Claire (Judith Light) will have nothing of it, going toe-to-toe with the religious nuts so that Daniel can go back to moping about his leadership insecurities and aging physique.

more at http://www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=12085

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 17:18 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.