Author Topic: New case - Narconon of Georgia- Gwinnett County Court  (Read 5341 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Case Number:    11-M-26058          Case Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Case Type:    Magistrate Court Civil      Case Category:    SMALL CLAIMS GENERAL CIVIL

Official:    judge magistrate         :    

hanchett, barry    -  Plaintiff
hanchett, cyndy    -  Plaintiff
narconon of georgia inc    -  Defendant
Address:   5688 peachtree pkwy ste b1
norcross, GA 30092
Summons:   second original

Attorney Information    

johnson, linton s iii       (107244)    -  Attorney for Plaintiff   (770) 795-7751
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: New case - Narconon of Georgia- Gwinnett County Court
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 20:21 »
Interesting, I guess we should make time to see what this was about.  Might explain the recent bout of advertising.   ;)

Link is here, for future reference: http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/#casedetail/case:11-m-26058/

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:31 »
Has Mr. Hines left the building?   

hanchett, barry    -  Plaintiff
          hanchett, cyndy    -  Plaintiff
norcross, GA 30092

Summons:   Tuesday, August 02, 2011 not est./not to be found second original  150 bankhead is rental property. new tenants never heard of mr hines

http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/#casedetail/case:11-m-26058/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:38 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 19:10 »
They tried to serve Hines at the address on the corp. registration.  Mr. Hines' first name is spelled incorrectly on that.  Maybe they don't know that Mathew Hines = Matthew Hines.

Interesting.  I hadn't known about this:
http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/Scientology_lawyers_%28all%29

Matthew Clinton Hines Edit

31 years old, attorney (WISE '06, route to infinity '04, purification '01) Hines Law firm (..old) 3330 Cumberland Blvd, 500, Atlanta, GA 30339 (770) 933-6910 5000 Austell-Powder Springs Rd., St. 285 Austell, GA 30106 (GSU,& Clemson, SC) matthines1@gmail.com, thetaman@justice.com

http://www.facebook.com/Attorney.Matthew.C.Hines

See here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.167005473314124.44093.161827433831928

and click to enlarge the group photo - is that Maria Delgado Webb?

It's another nest, several names on the wall I recognize.

Wonder if he's a relative of Bruce Hines?

http://semraulawfirm.com/our-firm
Linton S. Johnson III, Attorney

Mr. Johnson accepts clients charged with felony, misdemeanor, and traffic offenses for the firm. Mr. Johnson is an experienced trial attorney with a keen sense of what it takes to successfully work a case through to its conclusion. Mr. Johnson obtained his Bachelor’s from The University of Georgia and also earned his Juris Doctorate from The University of Georgia School of Law.

Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Johnson practiced law as an Assistant Public Defender in the Enotah Judicial Circuit. There he gained invaluable trial experience while defending the rights of the citizens of North Georgia. Mr. Johnson was raised in Elberton, Georgia and now lives with his wife in the metro Atlanta Area.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 17:09 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:15 »
But, wait...

10/28/2011 - acknowledgment of service - secretary of state

They served the Secretary of State? Due to registered agent not found at currently listed address on business registration?

Matthew Hines is probably going to get disbarred at some point. What a waste of hard work earning a law degree and his career on the cult! 
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 19:56 »
IN THE MAGISTRATE COURT OF GWINNETT COUNTY, STATE OF GEORGIA
Barry Hanchett and Cyndy Hanchett Vs. Narconon of Georgia - Civil Action No. 11-M-26058

Statement of Claim for Breach of Contract

On July 23, 2009, plaintiffs contacted defendant through agent Mary Rieser, in regards to entering their daughter into a safe and reliable drug rehab program. Plaintiffs were shown fraudulent and inaccurate pictures of the living facilities and detoxification sauna areas, where their daughter would be living and treated. Guarantees were made to Plaintiffs that an insurance claim would be filed on their behalf and that they would be receiving the appropriate reimbursement after the claims were processed. Defendant required payment-in-full prior to entry into the program. Payment terms of $21,500.00 were agreed upon for a full four-month program, with a 10% discount for payment up-front. Plaintiff paid an initial sum of $19,350 to Defendant, due in part to the fact that Defendant used fraudulent and inaccurate statistics to claim a success rate of greater than 80% with its patients. Defendant also falsely claimed that Plaintiff's daughter would have daily access to professional medical care. Due to unsafe living conditions and complete lack of medical care, Plaintiff's daughter was forced to leave Narconon of GA, approximately 58 days after entry. Plaintiffs were told on various occasions that the insurance claims were filed and that they would be receiving an adequate refund for the time after their daughter left the facility. Defendants misrepresented thse statements as they never had any intention of providing safe living space, filing insurance claims, refunding any money, or ever providing any adequate medical care or treatment.

That said, claim is in the amount of $14,355.00....

July 19, 2011

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IN THE MAGISTRATE COURT OF GWINNETT COUNTY, STATE OF GEORGIA
Barry Hanchett and Cyndy Hanchett Vs. Narconon of Georgia - Civil Action No. 11-M-26058

Affidavit of Linton S. Johnson, III

[TLDR] I'm 18, have no bats in belfry or other legal disability and make this affidavit from personal knowledge. I am the attorney representing plaintiffs. The complaint was properly filed in this case on July 19, 2011.[/TLDR]

Narconon of Georgia, Inc., the defendant in this case, has the following individual listed as their registered agent with the Georgia Secretary of State (see Exhibit 1):
Matthew C. Hines, 150 Bankhead Hwy., Carrollton, GA 30117

Plaintiff paid $50 to have Carroll County Sheriff's Department personally serve the registered agent with a copy of the complaint and summons. On August 2, 2011, the Sheriff's Entry of Service was returned as "non est". The comment section stated that "150 Bankhead is rental property. New tenants never heard of Mr. Hines." (see Exhibit 2).

I do herby certify that service cannot be effected at the Registered Office with the Georgia Secretary of State, for the above-name defendant, and that it therefore appears that the defendant has failed to maintain a Registered Office and/or appoint a Registered Agent in the state of Georgia.

I also certify that, for the purpose of complying with O.C. G. A. 9-11-4(e)(1), concerning substitute service, I have forwarded by either registered mail, certified mail, or statutory overnight delivery, the process, service or claim regarding the above-referenced case to the last Registered Office or Agent of the defendant as listed on the records of the Secretary of State.

September 9, 2011

^^^^
This was acknowledged by Secretary of State.

Here are the docs.  These are only documents filed so far in this case against Narconon of Georgia:

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/11M26058/11M26058-2011-07-19-Complaint.pdf
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/11M26058/11M26058-2011-10-28-ComplaintToSecretaryOfState.pdf
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:54 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:59 »
Merry Christmas, Narconon!

New Year's is coming too!   ;)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 20:04 »
Update from docket under scheduled events:

Case#11-M-26058
trial      magistrate court civil   Thursday, April 26, 2012   1:00:00 PM   1D   judge magistrate
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 20:33 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 20:51 »
Oooh, that would be interesting to attend, I bet.  I guess I'm a bit weird, most people would want to go to the amusement park or the beach.  :D
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 23:18 »
  ;D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 12:51 »
This case was dismissed before trial.

HANCHETT VS NARCONON OF GEORGIA INC

Last Updated on Apr 21 2012 3:26AM

Case Number:    11-M-26058         Case Date:    Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Case Type:    Magistrate Court Civil         Case Category:    SMALL CLAIMS GENERAL CIVIL
Case Description:            Disposition Date:    Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Disposition:    DISMISSED         Disposition Manner:    BEFORE TRIAL

Event Type   Description   Division   Date                              Time        Location   Official
trial      magistrate court civil   Thursday, February 16, 2012   1:00 PM   1D         judge magistrate
trial      magistrate court civil   Thursday, April 26, 2012   1:00 PM   1D judge magistrate

Party Information      

hanchett, barry    -  Plaintiff             hanchett, cyndy    -  Plaintiff
Disposition:   dismissed                       Disposition: dismissed

Disposition:   dismissed
norcross, GA 30092

Summons:   Monday, September 19, 2011 acknowledged secretary of state
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 not est./not to be found second original  150 bankhead is rental property. new tenants never heard of mr hines

Attorney Information

johnson, linton s iii       (107244)    -  Attorney for Plaintiff   (770) 795-7751

Documents      

09/09/2011 - affidavit - attorney for plaintiff
    09/13/2011 - sheriff's entry of service-non est - sheriff
    10/28/2011 - acknowledgment of service - secretary of state
    04/18/2012 - dismissal - attorney for plaintiff

Source: http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/home.asp#casedetail/case:11-m-26058/
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 12:54 »
They probably settled. Usually do what theye is info about the case on the internet. Can the person who corresponded in the past check with Mr Hanchette?
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.