Author Topic: Ga Tech thesis  (Read 2093 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Ga Tech thesis
« on: June 20, 2009, 19:03 »
by Ray Vichot
http://smartech.gatech.edu/dspace/bitstream/1853/28098/1/vichot_ray_200905_mast.pdf

There is mention of Atlanta in there that some of you might be interested in reading.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Raven

Re: Ga Tech thesis
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:28 »
Page 55! I know whose card that is too!!!!!!
Page 79 also!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:31 by Raven »

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:39 »
I am newly annoyed by the pigheadedness of my own review committee. Rawr. *pout*
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Raven

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 20:31 »
thesis/grad school and etc always suck

However I know you will kick booty

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 19:02 »
And the ning site on p 89
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Raven

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:22 »
I sent a pm to the one I was thinking did this.  It was him and I told him it was great.  He did say he accidentally uploaded the copy with typos in it.  Sadly I never noticed them.  lol
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:00 by Raven »

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:34 »
Alas, I did. And the missing quote.

But that's being an English nerd for you.

Overall, awesome. I enjoyed it.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 20:25 »
     Having not originally come into this activism via any of the mentioned entities, 4chan, EB, anonymous etc, i have to admit, it was the internet that started me down this road i presently travel. Having worked as an outside contractor for Scientology's propaganda arm known as Golden Era Productions, which is located within the Hemet/Gilman hotsprings California compound formally known as Gold base, there was a long gap in time between my Scientology/narCONon experience and that of my most recent, 2 year public involvement as an individual critical of the practices of the multi national corporation known as Scientology.

The internet did play a big part in my current involvement as a critic and activist. The internet outlet that brought me to this point was Youtube. Well over two and a half years ago, i came across a BBC expose' on Scientology.

The way the reporter was treated within this particular video made me think back on my personal experiences with Scientology's PR arm called the SEA ORG and the film unit this entity ran as Golden Era Productions @( Gold Base), which as many of you know is home to the so-called church of Scientology's leader, one David Miscavige.

After viewing the BBC expose, i began thinking about things i had long buried within my subconscious mind. While @ Golden Era Productions, i witnessed some very strange and disturbing things that did not sit very well with me at all. I will not go into great detail about what i experienced, yet i can say, what many of the ex-sea org members say along the lines of physical and mental abuse , are in fact true.

Back to the Youtube BBC video. I remembered, i had many a photograph i had taken during production of the Scientology/narCONon film called "Clear mind, Clear body", which was shown on Hollywood Blvd @ the L Ron Hubbard Life Museum for many years. Many of the photos i had taken were inside the Hemet Golden Era Productions facility. Also among my many photos were from our on location film shoot @ Scientology's NarCONon facility located in Chilocco Oklahoma. This facility occupied the former 5 Indian Nations college.

NarCONon has since been kicked out of Chilocco Oklahoma and the 5 Indian Nations college property, for failure to live up to contractual agreements. They now operate in Arrowhead Oklahoma.

I took all those photos i had taken during that time and assembled them into a Youtube video. Once i put this photo montage on Youtube, low and behold, a blast from the past contacted me via Youtube. It was one of the many SEA ORG members i had worked with @ the time. This TOTALLY freaked me out. Oh my i thought to myself. The big bad boogie man had come a knockin. What should i do, i asked myself.

Well after some back and forth emails, One Maureen Bolstad, the SEA ORG member i had worked with, quelled my fears. Mo as she is fondly called, had left the so-called church of Scientology and the sea org. Her so-called religious organization had confiscated all her personal mementos from her many,many years as a sea org and Scientology member.

All Maureen asked of me were could i give her copies of my photos as many of her life long friends were in many of them. I of course did this. Many of you who follow this issue may have heard of Maureen, as she is in Andrew Morton's book on Tom Cruise and she is also an outspoken critic of the abuses perpetuated by Scientology on its most elite members. The sea org. Some of the other ex-sea org members that crossed my path were John Peeler and Marc Headley. All have since left scientology.

The rest is history. Now after reading the Georgia Technical Institutes students thesis, i have gained a lot of information about both the internet and those that are both part of chanology and anonymous.

For any of you reading about my experience here, please understand, i have left out a tremendous amount of material. I could go on for hours.

My experience inside the Fort Harrison hotel in Clearwater Florida and my meeting one David Miscavige and many other things are better talked about in person. The next time anyone that may meet me in the public sector, please feel free to ask me questions.

Once again, today i have learned something new. The GT students thesis was a very good read. Explained a lot. Answered a lot of questions this poster had about some of these internet groups and the way they impact and change the social norm,s many of us are accustomed too.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 18:44 »
Thank you for the wonderful post.  As a non-scientologist, you must have been alarmed at what you experienced and what you saw the people around you experience during your time as a contracted filmmaker there.  I'm so glad you could give Maureen copies of your photos, and what, to her, were pieces of her life that she had lost.

As you probably know, though others may not, chanology was not the first uprising on the internet against scientology.  Soon after you left gold, I would have been getting on the internet for the first time, and finding the only scientology critical outlet open to all, alt.religion.scientology - which to some, now, seems a very chaotic nest of disagreement, and hard to access.  At the time, it was expected that people had to learn about newsreaders to access usenet.  Newsreaders still beat "google groups," which tries to make all of usenet appear to be a google creation.

I didn't know a lot about scientology at the time, other than what had been published in the Time magazine article, The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power (here, or here with pictures, and what I had witnessed of my own friend as he became immersed in scientology.  Not long after I arrived on the newsgroup, Arnie Lerma was raided, anon.penet.fi, an anonymous remailer, was raided and the owner forced to disclose the identity of a poster to ARS, lawsuits and threats of lawsuits were flying left and right. 

It was when Helena Kobrin, one of the cult's lawyers who was unaffectionately called "the Ho of Babbleron," tried to remove the entire newsgroup, that the netizens came from all the obscure corners they usually inhabited, to oppose scientology's attack on the internet. 

When the plan to remove the newsgroup failed and only drew more people into the fight, it was followed up by scientology with cancels (messages sent out to cancel a post on news servers around the world), spam, and sockpuppets, until the current strategy of attacking (hoping to cause people to lose interest) by posting "anti-psych" messages.  We can always tell when something big is about to happen, or has happened, by the increase in anti-psych rants by the socks.

What a wild and wooley time it was.  You've read the modern history now; you can read the ancient history here: http://www2.thecia.net/users/rnewman/scientology/home.html .

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions