Author Topic: Constructive local activism  (Read 1279 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Constructive local activism
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:20 »

Many of you have chosen 5/16/09 as a day to protest against the so-called church of scientology. The protest is to once again occur @ the shallowford rd location. The questions i ask here are quite simple. As the SS zoning issue moves forward, are we utilizing our time in a constructive manner? On shallowford rd @ this time?

If i may be so bold as to make a suggestion! Would it not behoove some of us to place flyers on mail boxes on that 5/16/09 day? These flyers can be placed on mail boxes in a legal manner. In the area surrounding the proposed SS Ideal org?

This would put information into the hands of the local citizens regarding the issue AND upcoming SS meeting.

Thoughts? If so, please PM me. Or if you prefer, discuss it here in an open forum.

Raven

Re: Constructive local activism
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:17 »
I agree this area need to be fliered.  I would think you and someone else that you pick would be great to go do it. The cult will be so focused on our protest they won't think to follow behind you ripping down.

I'll flier with you  next week sometime if you want, but i already have my name on the protest info and can't miss it.  Also this weekend I'm out of town.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:36 »
Many of you have chosen 5/16/09 as a day to protest against the so-called church of scientology. The protest is to once again occur @ the shallowford rd location. The questions i ask here are quite simple. As the SS zoning issue moves forward, are we utilizing our time in a constructive manner? On shallowford rd @ this time?

If i may be so bold as to make a suggestion! Would it not behoove some of us to place flyers on mail boxes on that 5/16/09 day? These flyers can be placed on mail boxes in a legal manner. In the area surrounding the proposed SS Ideal org?

This would put information into the hands of the local citizens regarding the issue AND upcoming SS meeting.

Thoughts? If so, please PM me. Or if you prefer, discuss it here in an open forum.

I do like the idea of flyering the SS area, but it's too late to change the picket date.  We have the permit already (which isn't free and has been paid for).  We are expecting people, including my old friend MadKow, and I would hate to miss seeing him.  I'll be kind of disappointed if you don't come too because I thought you might like to meet him, and think you two would get on fabulously together.  I think the pickets are still useful, even though I think behind-the-scenes activities are more productive. 

Must the flyering be done on the picket day; can it not be done on another day?  IMO, the flyering should be done ASAP, because the next meeting is on May 21, only 5 days after the 16th. 

Also, whenever the flyering is set for, the date should not be made public.  Although we know all the members of this forum at the moment, I have also noticed it has been picked up by some of the search engines...
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 23:06 »
Well, now we have another 60 days to flyer Sandy Springs! 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions