Author Topic: [Yahoo] Virginia Health Commissioner resigns in protest  (Read 945 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Virginia Health Commissioner resigns in protest
22 October 2012, 1:14 am

Virginia Health Commissioner Karen Remley abruptly resigned from her position Thursday citing the controversial abortion clinic regulations passed this year as her impetus.

The Virginia Board of Health passed regulations in June that classify abortion clinics as hospitals, requiring them to abide by the same architectural standards. The regulations included specifications for wider hallways and covered entrances, among other stipulations.

These new requirements, Remley said, are unfair interpretations of Virginia Code.

“My ability to fulfill my duties is compromised and in good faith I can no longer serve in my role,” she said in an email to her colleagues.

more at http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2012/10/virginia-health-commissioner-resigns-in-protest

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 17:04 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.