Author Topic: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology  (Read 31632 times)

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
Re: Have You Told All?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:58 »
Absolutely true!!!  Scientology owns the Arrowhead building after all.  Goes to show that even with all their influence on the day to day they still have people dying in their facilities and their success rate is no better (maybe even worse) than most others.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 15:19 »
Wow... your book is going cause lots of waves!!
Should make for some fine surfing! ;D
;D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
Re: Have You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 19:17 »
A little-known fact from my first trip to LA as a Scientologist in 2001:

"One day I was getting coffee at the canteen below one of the buildings and was approached by another young man who was wearing a regular suit instead of a Sea Org uniform.  His name was Brandon and he kept eyeballing me before finally approaching. 

"He was short and had dark, slicked-back hair.  His smile was something that sticks with me to this day as a characteristic of many Scientologists I met over time - one of judgment because they feel they know more than you by having the secrets to the universe and are therefore above you in some way. 

"After basic introductions and finding out why I was there, etc. he started in with this really secretive-sounding sales pitch.  He was a Sea Org recruiter, specifically for Bridge Publications...

"...During the next couple of days Brandon and Blake courted me heavily, introducing me to a few young, blonde Sea Org women close to my age, taking me out to lunch, driving around to see other parts of Los Angeles, and generally trying to make me feel very welcome.

"I eventually agreed that I would do it, and went along with their plan and signed the billion-year contract.  I began routing in up to just before the point where I would have started what is called the Estates Project Force (EPF), which is basically Sea Org boot camp.  In order to do that, there were several things that had to be taken care of...

"...Blake and Brandon walked me around to various people to get them to sign off their portions of the form, and by that night, we got to the person who oversaw the EPF, where I was supposed to be officially welcomed into the Sea Org.  Fittingly, we were standing under a big banner that carried the Sea Org motto "We Come Back", as I was there believing that I had been involved in Scientology before this lifetime.  This woman looked at me, asked what was going on, Brandon answered for me and she completed the initiation, indicating that my next step on the form was to report to the person in charge of new arrivals.

"Thankfully, I never got any further on that routing form and caught my plane the next morning back to Oklahoma."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 20:16 by CoolHand »

Offline BMF

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 19:37 »
Every time I got recruited I just said "I took LSD" and they went away.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 19:42 »
Every time I got recruited I just said "I took LSD" and they went away.

;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 20:16 by CoolHand »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 21:33 »
 :-D^\^\
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 22:29 »
 <--:D-->
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 22:50 »
Quick question about the billion year thing.  Has there been any documented cases of a sea org member dying and coming back to get back on staff again?
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 23:21 »
Publicly documented? Not that I'm aware of.  Anectodal?  Yes.  Bobby Wiggins told me a story of a kid who lived in one of the houses on L. Ron Hubbard Blvd who claimed he was an executive who had returned.  I don't actually personally know of any particular story where someone was able to pick up on The Bridge where they believed they left off last lifetime (even so-called past-life Clears were "un-Cleared" and made to redo their steps).  That's a whole other section to the book that I do plan to address though!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 23:47 by CoolHand »

Offline BMF

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 07:52 »
ive heard the stories from shit talker wiggins too.  The one about the OTs going on top of the Fort Harrison when a hurricane was surely about to hit and them getting in comm with it and telling it to go somewhere else and then they were magically spared while other parts got hit was the best though.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 09:08 »
ive heard the stories from shit talker wiggins too.  The one about the OTs going on top of the Fort Harrison when a hurricane was surely about to hit and them getting in comm with it and telling it to go somewhere else and then they were magically spared while other parts got hit was the best though.

Haha!!

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 09:16 »
Too funny!  Wiggins also told me that there was an Olympic athlete on deck of the Apollo one time and that LRH wanted to race him from one end to the other, to prove that an OT really was cause over his body.  Miraculously, Hubbard won! (or so the story went)  ::)  Yes, lots of BS stories out there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:47 by CoolHand »

Offline BMF

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 09:53 »
The Olympic person was from Lieslovia. 
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 16:11 »
Really looking forward to your book, Luke.

I may well write one someday... on how to not get ripped off while trying to  find and pay for an appropriate rehab for a loved one ;D

Offline BMF

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 16:57 »
I want a signed copy of both.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 17:08 »
Too funny!  Wiggins also told me that there was an Olympic athlete on deck of the Apollo one time and that LRH wanted to race him from one end to the other, to prove that an OT really was cause over his body.  Miraculously, Hubbard won! (or so the story went)  ::)  Yes, lots of BS stories out there.
Wiggins sure seems delusional in some of his Narconon videos.
http://youtu.be/fhahgsLqTow
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 17:30 »

;D

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 20:51 »
Really looking forward to your book, Luke.

I may well write one someday... on how to not get ripped off while trying to  find and pay for an appropriate rehab for a loved one ;D

Thanks!  You could also write one alone about all of the court cases you've seen throughout the years, the refunds, ex-employees, confidential informants (without revealing them, of course) and more. You have a unique position in this whole evolution too.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 20:55 »

Of course! In the digital age though, it may have to be handing you the file over a cup of coffee or something.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 21:52 »
"The Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre International holds its annual gala in August.  It is a way for it to show off its accomplishments to friends and guests and is also used as a Hollywood recruiting tool.  In August of 2003 there was an extra display set up at CC Int that was sort of like an L. Ron Hubbard mini life exhibition, which had large panels detailing the various parts.

"I was asked to be stationed at the Narconon panel to explain what Narconon does to all of the guests that would be touring through.  Additional panels included ones for other ABLE groups and other aspects of Dianetics and Scientology, including an e-meter demonstration.  I had to be there hours before the actual event started, which was mostly a black tie affair.

"I had been hanging out and talking with Bob Adams, who is a former NFL football player and had recently joined the Sea Org as the Vice President of ABLE at the time.  We had been talking about steroids and were given a binder with pictures of dignitaries and prominent Hollywood people that were expected to attend.  Below each picture was a short description of who they were and what they did, so that we knew to watch out for them and ensure that they really got extra attention coming through the displays...

"...Susan Watson was the President of CC Int then, and she was the host for the event.  As I stood there I saw Dr. Alfonso Paredes and his wife and said hello.  I had met them before when they came out to Arrowhead.  He was the retired psychiatrist and professor from UCLA who was on Narconon's Science Advisory Board.  He wasn't a Scientologist, but his son was, and I was told that the only way his son was allowed to do Scientology services was if he handled his dad to not practice psychiatry anymore, not advocate for psychiatric drugs, and to do something in support of Scientology activities, which is how  the Narconon bit came about.  Paredes later wrote a short program evaluation (http://www.narcononarrowhead.org/program/psychiatric-review/) in September of that year that is still used to this day to show parents, family members and others that Narconon was psychiatrically reviewed, but of course they leave out the part of his connection to Scientology.  The fact is that very few people endorse Narconon or anything Scientology related without a connection of some sort."