Author Topic: Federal judge dismisses Georgia class-action lawsuit against Scientology and reh  (Read 2774 times)

Offline aegerprimo

• Fly in the Ointment
    • The Foul Air of the Freewinds an Ex-SO Member’s Story
I did not see anyone post about this yet, so I thought I would start the discussion.

Breaking news at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker

Federal judge dismisses Georgia class-action lawsuit against Scientology and rehab network
http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/21/federal-judge-dismisses-georgia-class-action-lawsuit-against-scientology-and-its-drug-rehab-network/
Scientology Through The Door - my interview (#316) - http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?316

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Thanks for posting.

Hopefully, the plaintiffs have a better shot on appeal.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
 XOL__ I think I'm going to be ill.

Hopefully they do better on the appeal.

BigBeard

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
I think what disturbs me the most about all of it is the lack of contrition among scientologists, especially Narconon, when it comes  to blatant misdeeds.

I'm sorry that the case hasn't moved forward, but I am more sickened with the thought that somewhere there were a bunch of scientologists that all screamed for joy and high-fived each other with this "win".

A win?  That you successfully conned a bunch of vulnerable people and avoided due process?

It's like a thief who stole from dozens of people but wasn't charged on a technicality and goes on the news to say "see everyone, I'm right and they're wrong"

So, if there are any scientologists that are reading this, I can understand feeling relieved that you won't get dragged into court.  But if you are feeling celebratory about this, then whatever reasons you've gotten into scientology in the first place have obviously been replaced with self centered evil.

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
A Notice of Appeal was timely filed by Jeff Harris and Jed Manton of the Harris Penn Lowry firm on 3/20/14.   
So, it ain't over.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
A Notice of Appeal was timely filed by Jeff Harris and Jed Manton of the Harris Penn Lowry firm on 3/20/14.   
So, it ain't over.

Great news!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
So, it ain't over.

This is good news.  I'm looking forward to reading the appeal, which a kind soul has sent me a copy of, but I'm tied up in a project atm, and will get to it soon.  Thanks for letting us know!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions