Author Topic: Justice Department Report Finds Louisiana is the Most Corrupt State - OV  (Read 1039 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
This may come as no surprise. I thought Georgia would be higher on the list.
Justice Department Report Finds Louisiana Is The Most Corrupt State - Opposing Views
By Evan Bleier, Fri, September 06, 2013

A new Justice Department report about corruption has revealed that Louisiana is the most corrupt state in the nation. Louisiana topped the list because it has the highest rate of convictions for people in public office, with 403 public officials busted for corruption in the past 10 years.

Florida had the most overall corruption convictions, but Louisiana came out ahead because it has a much smaller population, therefore makings its rate of conviction much higher.

Louisiana has a long history of corrupt public officials. Former governor Edwin Edwards served four terms in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s before landing in federal prison for bribery and extortion. He was released from prison in 2011.

Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin is awaiting trial on charges that he accepted more than $200,000 in bribes, plus free trips and other gratuities in exchange for awarding certain contractors with jobs doing millions of dollars worth of work for the city.

Nagin has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

more at http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/justice-department-report-finds-louisiana-most-corrupt-state
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
This tells me we need to look at Narconon Riverbend a little more closely.  I notice Oklahoma is next on the list, as far as states with Narconons go.  Florida is also before Georgia on the list.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions