Author Topic: This Man Alleges He Was Held For Months In A Scientology 'Reform' Prison - Business Insider  (Read 912 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
This Man Alleges He Was Held For Months In A Scientology 'Reform' Prison - Business Insider
22 July 2012, 9:37 am
By Jim Edwards

Steve Hall was a member of the Church of Scientology from 1987 to 2004, and was a marketing staffer in Scientology's international management headquarters in Gilman Hot Springs, near Hemet, California. He wrote the church's advertising tagline, "Know yourself, know life."

He spent years scripting speeches for Scientology leader David Miscavige and shooting videos for its conventions. He did it all as a volunteer, in return for room and board and a small amount of cash.

While famous Scientologists who donate their money to the church, like Tom Cruise and John Travolta, get to live their own lives at home, Scientologists who volunteer their labor instead can find themselves posted full-time at the Gilman Hot Springs HQ, which is an hour's drive through the desert from Las Vegas.

more at http://www.businessinsider.com/this-man-alleges-he-was-held-for-months-in-a-scientology-reform-prison-2012-7
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 20:21 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.